#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: The cars loved by you and no one else..
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 pm 

my wife's dad used to have a car just like ol' uncle Buck's, except it was yellow & green. not in a lot better shape, either. every time I watch that movie, uncle Buck reminds me a lot of him.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm 

I agree. Three of my beezies. Sold the rx7 though.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:17 pm 

nobody liked my old Hardbody, probably the biggest POS to hit the roads here

had a story to it, i needed something to bag around in winter. it was sitting at a farm in the middle of nowhere, guy said 650 bucks i can have it. had sat for 5-6 years, guy just turned the key and it fired up. came from out East and i had to get it to pass a inspection to get registered here, had to pull strings to get it to pass. otherwise would have had to go to the junker. was a 88 2wd 5spd KingCab LongBox, presumed it was a commercial model because 4 banger KingCab longbox are extremely rare and i think most were from commercial use. CarFax showed it was allover the country. thing was a turd, windshield poured water like a waterfall when it rained, floorboard was so rusty i could see the pavement under the floormat, body was rusty, exhaust fell off, burned 2L of oil a week, backfired when you decellerated, grinded like mad going into 5th, you name it

i rocked the tits off of it for 2 years, put little work into it, shifted it near redline almost always, slid it sideways always, and it never gave me any trouble. never leaked a single drop of any fluid, started in -45c with no problem, went through blizzards like nothing, etc. i ran it off half motor oil half ATF even lol. its demise came when the frame broke in half a few months ago and a shock broke off with it, drove it like that for a month then one day the frame bent so bad it pulled the Ebrake cable and locked the rear brakes up. sold it for $150 with me taking any parts i wanted

man i cried when it went to the junkyard, people called it a POS when i drove by and laughed at it but i loved it more than anyone could comprehend. got to see it at the junkyard before it got crushed at least. only have pictures from after i bought it, got it looking better then someone hit the front end last winter and it looked worse lol

after i bought it

primed it and fixed the body a bit

painted it and fixed it up
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2h67if5.jpg

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 pm 

I used to drive a hardbody for work, company vehicle. 2wd standard cab, standard bed, 5 speed, 4 cyl. 1990. honestly, I loved driving it. kinda bummed me out when they sold it. and I know what you mean about shifting it at redline, too :wink:

I wonder how one of those would do in a tough truck competition... 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:01 pm 

they run forever, one day with the wind it was -50c and i parked it outside all day and it started and drove home. shifting it at redline was the only way the thing made power lol

thing went through everything, few times i got stuck in deep snow and spun the tires for 30 minutes straight, surprised the diff or trans didnt grenade. accidentally ran it on half a litre of oil once, drove fine. i think it had original trans and diff fluid in it, when i changed them it was pure thick tar. paid $650 for it, put maybe $500 in it changing the fluids, tune up, belts,and such, daily drove it for 2 years and hauled stuff for people making probably 2 grand in the time i owned it, sold it for $150 to boot so i made money owning it lol

one vehicle ive owned that i never worried about getting stranded in, still miss it but it was tired

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

a112x wrote:
Leyland Marina Super Six

I just have to say youre wrong. the morris marina is best used to have pianos dropped on it by Top Gear lol :P

1989 Honda CRX DX
Car history:
1992 Honda Accord
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1985 Toyota MR2
1991 Honda Accord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 pm 

occupant wrote:
a112x wrote:

1984-1991 Dodge or Plymouth COLT VISTA and various Mitsubishi branded models outside the US like Space Wagon or Nimbus
Image Image

Thats what that is! I saw one of those the other day and i came buckets in my friends Wagovan, our jaws were floored!

1989 Honda CRX DX
Car history:
1992 Honda Accord
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1985 Toyota MR2
1991 Honda Accord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 pm 

similarly, what about the Hondas? Wagovan, I guess. I always referred to it as a hi-wagon. but what about them? I think they're cooler than f@rk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:55 pm 

thats the cult cur of the century. Its pretty widely loved. ive never seen anyone go "gross... a wagovan" its always "HOLY FARK A WAGOVAN FUCKING SICKCKCKKCKCKCKKKK!@KOP!KJWLKJ @NLKJN!IJN! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: "

1989 Honda CRX DX
Car history:
1992 Honda Accord
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1985 Toyota MR2
1991 Honda Accord

Post subject: Get Better Wheel Financing in San diego
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 am 

Joe tires are set to provide better financial facilities for civilians along with they are actually coming up with great financing services for the majority of folks. Military people are also present in this list. The rules are uncomplicated so you either be needing to have your own business otherwise you should be a salaried employee. You really have to be sure that you'll be able to pay after which such clients can easily sign up for the wheel financing San diego ca. Hence, there is virtually no hesitation in any respect in saying that finance problem is solved by Joe tires because of its employees.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:31 am 

Suzuki Carry Trucks. I actually want to have one of these in my possession one day.

And my true dream car. Not a JNC but the 190e Cosworth evo 2. Would do naughty things to own one.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3