#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: SSR Wheel Restoration - Star Shark, Formula and EX-C Mes
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:01 pm 

Hey Jace,

Yeah i'm quite familiar with Ross' adub, but unfortunately he has not brought it far enough north for me to check it out in the flesh haha. I consider it the benchmark for my own ambitions. I have an 88 Super Edition model (super charged) which i'm slowly restoring (emphasis being on slow) to some of its former glory and then some.

I really love what you've done to some of these wheels though. I will definitely be trying the vinegar trick on some of my old bolts. I would buy even more wheels if not for the shipping cost. I have never investigated the option of consolidating them with other items via container, so seems you have beaten me to the punch there.

On cars, I've crept into my 30's now, so whilst I could probably afford to own some of these old jap cars I pine for, circumstance doesn't always allow as I already have an FJ Cruiser company car (I liked the retro-ness), two adubs, and an Aprilia. If I brought home any more cars the fiancé might leave me! As should happen, I used to own an NA6 not entirely dissimilar to yours...

Ta-da !

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 am 

don't insult me, that NA is/was much nicer than mine is!

fiancé schmiancé, cars>girls! this is key!
i need an executive income and a huge shed and then there'd be nothing stopping me from having a wicked collection of all the cars i want! (all are sub-$15k)

on topic, i got these the other day.
the grey Epsilon one is spoken for but the other two are for sale. $25 posted in australia, both are size Small Gildan shirts and great quality prints.

DSC_1009 by Jace B., on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:25 pm 

Shirts look fantastic mate! Sadly a size too small for me though, but otherwise great. I tell you what would look fantastic, - a print of that old SSR add with the EX-C's; http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=TlW-L8eJA641XM&tbnid=Kp2-EgfeQRLTQM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-xis6o379cF4%2FULZ0Dp8Ku7I%2FAAAAAAAADa0%2FOAQYvsIekgs%2Fs1600%2FSSRCATALOGUE1980S%2B2.jpg&ei=OOKSUc2iDMTIiAfEnYCADQ&psig=AFQjCNGIgFnFvPfsVouuz20sqr3mdcdN0w&ust=1368667064318736

That I would love!

No complaints here with the little lady, she's fairly fantastic about everything with my cars. And whilst cars>girls might be a debate for another time, there's no questioning that the additional salary makes everything on the cars a fair bit easier 8)

I do however know the pain of too little garage space, and we're actually in the throws of trying to build a new family home during this year. As you might imagine, particular attention has been paid to the garage element of such :D

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:10 am 

the only driving factor for me to buy a house is to have a shed. lol

i just came across your OZ's on ebay. i want them "for my next car" haha

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:32 am 

Yes, well I've decided that with what little free time I have that it makes sense to focus on one adub at a time, so my midnight blue targa is likely to be moved along in the coming weeks/months. And being that I bought the Oz's specifically for it, it makes more sense to pass them to a new home rather than selfishly horde.

Also makes room for future additions! :P

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:05 am 

Man do i envy you! I want to be addicted to buying wheels like that, but you just don't see those old skool jdm wheels for sale here. And importing them from Japan will cost me an arm and a leg! :(

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:44 pm 

Rolo wrote:
Man do i envy you! I want to be addicted to buying wheels like that, but you just don't see those old skool jdm wheels for sale here. And importing them from Japan will cost me an arm and a leg! :(

surely there is somebody importing things from Japan to Germany at least? it might be roughly the same price as we pay (AUD$1000 +/- after shipping)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm 

Yes, you would imagine there would be plenty shipped in to Europe.

In other news, on Saturday my OZ's dearly departed, with new replacements on Monday! I excitedly inspected them as they came into work and took a couple of pics from the back of the car. They look fantastic, no obvious scrapes/rash etc. I think all that they'll really need is a splash of bright orange in place of gunmetal... not sure yet. Sorry, will stop whoring your thread Jace :oops:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm 

Hm ok, i thought it would be cheaper for you guys. Price range seems about the same. Via which site do you do it than?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 pm 

Rolo wrote:
Hm ok, i thought it would be cheaper for you guys. Price range seems about the same. Via which site do you do it than?

i use jdmparts.rupewrecht.com for all my stuff. i think he can send from Japan to anywhere in the world but you should just ask him.

otherwise ask/search around for a Dutch or German importer of fine Japanese car parts.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 am 

Alright thanks, will look at that.

Yeah there are some importers in the UK, maybe i should contact them sometime. :P

Anyway. Love your collection, especially the Star Sharks!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2