#
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: T3 Coilover Conical Upper hat positioning?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am 

OK, probably a really dumb couple of questions here, but here goes. Just finished my weld on coilovers from T3 using shortened stock strut casings from my RA21. However:

1. ) I cannot figure out where the conical top hat is supposed to sit, does it just rest freely on the top of the spring, or do I used the provided washers to set it on top of the strut rod just below the original suspension support ( or whatever its called, the piece some replace with RCA's ).

2.) also, once thats figured out, how do you tighten the top nut? it seems to spin the strut rod when I attempt to tighten it, and I cant seem to hold it tight without damaging it.

Thanks guys, possibly my dumbest two questions, so far...

Post subject: Re: T3 Coilover Conical Upper hat positioning?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 pm 

vondoom wrote:
OK, probably a really dumb couple of questions here, but here goes. Just finished my weld on coilovers from T3 using shortened stock strut casings from my RA21. However:

1. ) I cannot figure out where the conical top hat is supposed to sit, does it just rest freely on the top of the spring, or do I used the provided washers to set it on top of the strut rod just below the original suspension support ( or whatever its called, the piece some replace with RCA's ).

2.) also, once thats figured out, how do you tighten the top nut? it seems to spin the strut rod when I attempt to tighten it, and I cant seem to hold it tight without damaging it.

Thanks guys, possibly my dumbest two questions, so far...

Not dumb!!
I had similar issues and there are many ways round the second one. The hat can just rest on the top of the spring, it will do its thing when the shocks compressed. What I ended up doing to tighten the nut was use a fairly thin open end wrench and hold the little flat part on the strut rod that could be accessed from under the "suspension support". Thats how my kyb struts were designed. If not there may be an allen key hole at the top then in that case you use a socket to hold the nut then put an allen through it to tighten it that way.

Post subject: Re: T3 Coilover Conical Upper hat positioning?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 am 

Thanks! Thats more or less what i ended up doing!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]