#
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Pics request for custom TE51 exhaust options
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 am 

I tried searching here and didn't find any results.

I am curious as to what some of you have come up with to fit custom exhausts. Does anyone have any pics of what they have done (underbody shots) of piping and mufflers on their TE51 models? I'm trying to get ideas on how to route custom tubing.

Any pics would help. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Pics request for custom TE51 exhaust options
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 pm 

2.5 chrome tips in the rear fed by y-pipe going to single 2.25 pipe, 18in glass pack, to small flow-master single in single center out muffler (40 or 60 series I think) mounted in place of converter to utilize factory heat sheild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:06 pm 

Awesome! Thanks! This is kind of funny, because I was looking at your posts trying to find pics of the underbody but couldn't find any. That TE is one of my favorite coupes ever. Any drone with that setup? Does it growl or is it quiet?

There are some minor differences between this and the liftback, though. The gas tank is set way in back and my muffler usually is mounted sideways between the tank and rear axle so I have to be a bit more creative. Your coupe is more like a TE31 in terms of the exhaust setup...

Def gives me some ideas though..

Anyone else?? :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am 

marsmann wrote:
Awesome! Thanks! This is kind of funny, because I was looking at your posts trying to find pics of the underbody but couldn't find any. That TE is one of my favorite coupes ever. Any drone with that setup? Does it growl or is it quiet?

There are some minor differences between this and the liftback, though. The gas tank is set way in back and my muffler usually is mounted sideways between the tank and rear axle so I have to be a bit more creative. Your coupe is more like a TE31 in terms of the exhaust setup...

Def gives me some ideas though..

Anyone else?? :)

There is some drone but it's not bad. No rasp or tin in the sound. It has a little bit of a burble almost like a stock subaru, it had even more of that boxster burble before adding the chambered flowmaster but it was too loud for my taste.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]