#
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: KE35 SR 2TG - Danish
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:56 am 

The engine will be switched with a 2TG, which is newly renovated, and with other cams and adjustable cam gears
For the rear axle assembly, I am not really sure of what to choose, but I believe it will be AE86. If you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also, I have started changing the steering mechanism and I think about which solution will be the easiest. Should I rebuild the original subframe with the steering mechanism from KE70 or install subframe from KE70, AE86, TE71 or S13? I know they don't fit, but I can make them doing so. Last time I was able to entirely build a subframe and made with a good steering mechanism, lowered engine and made in a way so that I could use the AE86 engine supporters. I am so unsure of which procedure to choose.

At the moment the hood, front wing and hatch are made in glass fibreous. I am really looking forward to see these parts. Meanwhile, I mess around with various things for the under waggon, e.g. optimisation and lowering of the rear end.

I will make an effort to try to keep this thread updated when progress is seen.

Since it is also my first serious contribution, I just want to mention the japanese cars, which I have.

AE86 4age
TE70 2TG - AE86 rear axle assembly
3x E3 SR

http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... and%20TE37

Post subject: Re: KE35 SR 2TG - Danish
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 pm 

Looking good...

Serious project, did not know You where that far in Your project 8)

Thumbs up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 pm 

Sounds like a fun project. I like how you are keeping it light with the 4 cyl and light running gear of the AE86. What are the plans for the rest of the car?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:59 am 

It is and will remain being buildt with the original look except from the front lip, which I will probably install. The plans for the car is, when it is done once, that it should be left in the garage for a couple of years and when time comes for it to drive again it should be as a street car. It will get a standard flat hood with air intake of chrome. The hood will be made of glass fibrous.

I have not yet decided which wheel rim to use except for it being JDM old school.

As mentioned earlier, the interior will be a braun SR cabine and dashboard with three big watches and a little one. If I am able to detect the dashboard with three small watches will it be that instead. The only parts not being original is a Nardi steering wheel and TRD gear knot (round leather model).

I have removed the antenna as it on the Danish models is located in the front wing, which I don't like. By the way I am lacking an original radio.

When this car is done with the make over I will probably start over with another TE37. It will be build on the same principles with divline and I hope to get the engine for that one optimised. The cabine is black SR, nardi steering wheel, TRD horn, TRD gear knot (round leather model) and then I am thinking about sport seats, likely Bride Histrix. I have been looking at MX5 seats too though. It will be with a complete cabine inclusive rear seats.
On the outher it will be fitted with a glas fibrous hatch, front wings and hood (Mustang model) and TRD N2, front lip, duck tail wing and pillar antenna, and JDM old school wheel rim. I will probably not use this car right away either, but when doing so, then for street use.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 pm 

Inspiring project, I look forward to continuing a work.
:tu:

Celica GT RA40 1981
Celica ST TA40 1979
Carina Station wagon 1997
Carina sedan 1996

http://www.jdmwheels.cz

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]