It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How my life found a '72 Nissan Skyline 2000GT HT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 am 

47hako wrote:
Part 3: Research

Actually, we need to to a Part 2.5: Denial

So now I was hooked. Bringing back my R33 was too expensive, bringing back a KPGC10 was WAY too expensive. So, I gave up. I sold my R33 for a '96 Supra plus cash, and sold all my aftermarket parts. I wasn't happy, it was a non-turbo, automatic, 19" wheels and orange. YES, ORANGE! Toretto's Garage Orange!!! With a black hood! NOT a carbon fiber hood, a black painted hood! What was I thinking!!!???!!! :oops:

Before:

Small world, met the owner of this car last year. Oddly he has the Racing Hart wheels back on it or atleast I thought he upgraded to them.

And Paul's R33, what a beauty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm 

feastjapan wrote:

Small world, met the owner of this car last year. Oddly he has the Racing Hart wheels back on it or atleast I thought he upgraded to them.

And Paul's R33, what a beauty.

Ah Yokota…still passing cars around from person to person. It's so awesome! Some cars never leave certain units, they just passed down for "free"; just fix her up, do the JCI inspection and she's yours!

I think I sold those rims to the guy who runs the Thai Restaurant at the bowling alley, he owns a Bayside Blue R34 GT-R (NOT for that car). Funny to see those wheels go full circle. I still can't believe I bought that car :P

Paul's Ex-car was even more beautiful before he put the Volk GT-7's on it. It had original 18" gold BBS LM's (factory option on the LM Limited from what I understand).

But it was the paint that was unbelievable, as striking as Guards Red but not red! Truly one of the most beautiful Skylines I've ever seen in person, in stock form. The car is now in the UK…If I could own a newer Skyline that would be it. (...or the V-spec LM Limited :wink: )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm 

Part 19: JCCS 2008

So at this point it's been a year since she moved to the U.S. I was able to attend JCCS 2008 and got to meet fellow Skyline owners and see many other fine examples of J-tin. This was the first time the show was in Hidden Valley, Irvine vs. Long Beach, so it was a little weird but still a great time. It was nice to see Paul, Arnel, and Mikey again and even Jay Leno came out that year and pulled up to the fairgrounds in a beautifully restored JDM Honda S600. I was very honored when JCCS presented me the 1st place award for Best JDM and shocked :shock: to receive 1st for Best of JCCS. There were many owners/cars that I felt were more deserving of the award, so I was quite elated. :D

Here are some personal pics for that day…

Washing the car with the nephew...

Arnel with his Hako on 16" (!) Watanabes and his infamous RX-3!

Paul and his amazing RB25 equipped Hako...

Mikey! Longchamps on 4drs are perfect!

Loved this Cressida! My favorite of the show! :tu:

Jay Leno's S600

Until next time…Part 20: SEMA 2008…Don't miss it!

Last edited by 47hako on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm 

That dog's sat in a Hako and I haven't.....
Depression ensues.

Seriously though, I've just read through the whole thread, and it's an amazing story. Love the car.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 pm 

aussieANON wrote:
That dog's sat in a Hako and I haven't.....
Depression ensues.

Seriously though, I've just read through the whole thread, and it's an amazing story. Love the car.

That dog gets to roll with me =D! Thank for the kind words.

I wish I had more time to keep updating. Maybe this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm 

Part 20: SEMA 2008

Another event that I was able to attend was in the Toyo Tires booth at SEMA in 2008! Too bad the car was not indoors, but I got some decent press for that week.

Pretty awesome event, luckily a really good trusted friend was able to pick her up on the last day. Had to work :cry:

Until next time…Part 21 Interview and photos with JNC! Don't miss it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 am 

if i had a hako it would look like this one :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm 

uras1 wrote:
if i had a hako it would look like this one :)

Thanks bro! :tu:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 pm 

Part 21: Interview and photos with JNC! Don't miss it!!!

I don't have many pics to post for this one but was very pleased with the article and pics. They were very easy to work with and were genuinely interested in the car, how she was found, what me and her went through, and how she made it to they U.S. She still amazes me every time I drive her and how people react. I was so used to seeing her everyday and now I miss her more than ever. (No, she is not sold. Every time I say that people think I sold her. I'm away on a military assignment so she is tucked away, safe and sound). Thanks again to the staff at JNC for the opportunity. Here are some pics from that day…

Again until next time…Part 22: Nissan 370Z Tour, Henderson Nissan debut!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm 

Glad you liked the article, Roy! We worked pretty hard to do justice to the car (and many thanks to AlanT for collaborating on the words).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm 

kev wrote:
Glad you liked the article, Roy! We worked pretty hard to do justice to the car (and many thanks to AlanT for collaborating on the words).

Thanks Kev! You guys did do justice. Still the most accurate description of how things went down to acquire her. I can't wait to see her again. I really hope Fri won't be the end of the world because that's when I get to see her again. WooHoo!!! I can't wait!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 am 

That is the most reading I have done in some time. Thanks for sharing your incredible car and fantastic story. Sounds like a dream, As does the car I am sure. Is the tail pipes/muffler setup something you had done? Looks mean with that slight upturn. Wise choice going with those darker Wats as well. Mean, Mean, Mean, Machine :tu: ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am 

Fantastic thread!!!!!!!!!!

ToyGuy wrote:
Those lines are from "Zone Tempering" which is still used on the back window of modern vehicles.
Zone tempering still provides the safety factor of tempered glass, but in the event that the window shatters, it is still possible to see through zone tempered glass.

Aging is not a factor.

You don't see this on vehicles less than 40 years old, as nearly all in North America use laminated glass for the windscreen.
Also, this is visible in the photos as the photographer is likely using a polarized filter on the camera.

My first DR30 and my current DR30 both had the zone tempering lines but I've not had it visible in other non-Nissan Jap imports I've owned, maybe Nissan used it a lot longer than anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm 

graveltrapp wrote:
That is the most reading I have done in some time. Thanks for sharing your incredible car and fantastic story. Sounds like a dream, As does the car I am sure. Is the tail pipes/muffler setup something you had done? Looks mean with that slight upturn. Wise choice going with those darker Wats as well. Mean, Mean, Mean, Machine :tu: ...

Thank you! :tu: However, I have finally got off my butt and have started in a new "direction" for her. Don't worry though, everything I do will allow me to reverse the process back to how she looks right now.

The exhaust system is an exhaust manifold back Trust exhaust. I believe it to be period correct, but I'm not certain when it was produced as I bought it second hand. It was originally the Trust metallic purple color, but had a bit of surface rust and was sanded down and repainted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 pm 

Adam_RSX wrote:
Fantastic thread!!!!!!!!!!

ToyGuy wrote:
Those lines are from "Zone Tempering" which is still used on the back window of modern vehicles.
Zone tempering still provides the safety factor of tempered glass, but in the event that the window shatters, it is still possible to see through zone tempered glass.

Aging is not a factor.

You don't see this on vehicles less than 40 years old, as nearly all in North America use laminated glass for the windscreen.
Also, this is visible in the photos as the photographer is likely using a polarized filter on the camera.

My first DR30 and my current DR30 both had the zone tempering lines but I've not had it visible in other non-Nissan Jap imports I've owned, maybe Nissan used it a lot longer than anyone else?

I have a 1981 Mini Moke that has the same effect with vertical lines, and I'm fairly sure it's not zone tempered.
What is going on?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 am 

wow all i can say is you are one lucky man wooowowwoowwowwww..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 am 

rx7cblink wrote:

Thanks! Nice to see a 7 owner here checkin out us Nissan guys. I've always wanted one…any gen…well onto the show…

Part 22: Nissan 370Z Tour, Henderson Nissan debut!!!

Out of the blue I got a call from my friend John (Black "Japan") and he ask's me would you like to show your car at the unveiling of the 370Z at Henderson Nissan. I say "Sure when is it?" and he say "Right now, we saved you a spot!" I was like "What!?! Thanks for the heads up." But I was interested to see the new 370Z and said I would come on down. So here are some pics…NOT good quality, for you photo buffs. Enjoy!

Little did I now she would become Import Tuner and Hankook Tire model Janelle Ha!

Until next time…Part 23: My photo shoot with Anthony Mair!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:52 pm 

I like that your car is so clean looking - it doesn't have a bunch of stickers on it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm 

47hako wrote:
rx7cblink wrote:

47hako wrote:
Thanks! Nice to see a 7 owner here checkin out us Nissan guys. I've always wanted one…any gen…well onto the show…

Part 22: Nissan 370Z Tour, Henderson Nissan debut!!!

you're welcome I am a lover of all nostalgic cars, currently own 3 1980 corollas sedans,1 1985 rx7 gslse, 1 2006 audi A4 Sline, 2005 nissan xterra. Love to get my hands on a 70's 510 since a GTR is way out of my league, price range, reachability lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 am 

Read all pages wasn't able to view the pictures though (photobucket blocked in office), but how you have described and detailed everything loved it.

Still imagining the boss with Raybans (most common glasses in this part lol and done same way)

I am dreaming for a while to finish my S30 which is almost done to do a Haku Suka and as you said because its No:1.

Subscribed

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next