#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
From this:
Image

To this: DIY intake for weber 32/36 and cone type air filter.
Fitted with buffed 2T valve cover and attached a 4-1 headers
Image

And here how it sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIoZkBgs6Q :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 am 

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Portugal
looks better now in chrome, but why the exchange of headers? what`s the difference in performance between this 4-1 and the other?
saw some photos of the trd collectors for 2T and look just like the one you took

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 am 

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm
Posts: 24
Nice! I have a 1981 Liftback TE72 that I am restoring, just finished rebuilding the 3TC engine and installed a Holley 500 carb, doing suspension next. It seem that you and I have the same taste in wheels, because I wanted to put on mine the XXR 513 polished 15x8 0 offset with 195/45 15's. They look just like what you have on yours! lol.. but yours looks so nice and clean great job man!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
onecrazybricua wrote:
Nice! I have a 1981 Liftback TE72 that I am restoring, just finished rebuilding the 3TC engine and installed a Holley 500 carb, doing suspension next. It seem that you and I have the same taste in wheels, because I wanted to put on mine the XXR 513 polished 15x8 0 offset with 195/45 15's. They look just like what you have on yours! lol.. but yours looks so nice and clean great job man!


Thanks man! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
5KV14 wrote:
From this:
Image

To this: DIY intake for weber 32/36 and cone type air filter.
Fitted with buffed 2T valve cover and attached a 4-1 headers
Image

And here how it sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIoZkBgs6Q :)


Here is the engine now with twin mikuni 40phh :D
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 am 

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Portugal
nice!
the difference is notorious? you advise this change?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:27 am
Posts: 39
Location: FL, USA
Dig it. You planning on getting the header re-coated or painted anytime soon? If so, what color?

_________________
1985 Toyota Supra P-type
6MGE/5 speed swapped
http://thesupragoddess.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
CCoelhone wrote:
nice!
the difference is notorious? you advise this change?


This is not a daily ridden car. Not really suggesting the changes. Just wanna feel the difference. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
supra goddess wrote:
Dig it. You planning on getting the header re-coated or painted anytime soon? If so, what color?


It will be re-coated with the same color. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 44
Newly coated headers
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1983 toyota corolla liftback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm
Posts: 376
Location: Coarsegold California (around fresno)
Any more pics of your air cleaner assembly?

_________________
See my 76 Corolla build: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19630


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brownmagic, cbrkp, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net