#
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: mx32 cressida rear sway bar?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm 

I have searched. I'm wondering if anyone knows about adding a rear sway bar to an mx32 cressida. Is there another platform that has something to offer like the 79-81 celica supra? What needs to be done for mounting points if there is? Thanks for any help. I have a pretty standard list of modifications i like to do to cars when i start getting into them. And so far, NOTHING is covered by the threads on this forum. Some people have done some amazing work on their mx32's but have shared very little as far as the parts used and how extensive the modifications were. The Shotokan zombie mx32 comes to mind. IRS but no info on how much work was required etc. I have every intention to catalogue, quantify, and share everything i come up with. I have some pretty grand plans for this thing. So stay tuned.

Post subject: Re: mx32 cressida rear sway bar?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am 

are you meaning panhard rod?

techno toy tuning probably offers the biggest selection of off-the-shelf suspension you're going to find for that chassis. they have adjustable 4-link rods and an adjustable panhard rod.

lloyd basically took an x6 rear suspension and "made it fit." if you crawl under your car and an x6, you'll see there's no black magic involved there.

appreciate you wanting to share your build, check out some of the other ones on this site and you'll see there's a lot of info already present and more to come.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Solid axle right? Then look to the 200SX(s12) for a sway bar. It is the normal upgrade for the 1st gen celica guys as well. Will bolt to the lower control rods on the rear axle. I bought mine for 10 bucks from the junkyard. Also, you can try toyotacressida.net, but it takes awhile to get your account activated. Also, JZXproject has an X32 forum, but if you are not JZ-ing the car expect a bit of ribbing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am 

^ good to know.

stay away from jzxp unless you've already got the jz in your car. word to the wise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm 

Yeah gabriel at t3 is a great guy. I have been working with him for years. I have some of his first production parts on my ae86. I am actually talking about a rear sway bar. I already plan to use his 4 links, panhard bar and will be picking up his front coil over kit in a couple weeks.

I cant imagine that converting the rear end of this car to irs is an easy feat. As many of the mounting points would likely not be there and the unibody for the mx32 leaves a LOT to be desired. Its amazing to me that the mx32 is only 200 lbs heavier than my ae86 and is much bigger and has an extra 2 cylinders. The chassis is probably made from recycled japanese beer cans in order to get that kind of weight.

I have a feeling that i will have my work cut out for me in regards to chassis rigidity modifications.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 am 

there are some decent pictures of lloyd's setup in his build thread. basically it's the entire x6 subframe with a custom diff mount. there's a fair amount of cutting and welding but it worked.

and if you've been following his progress more recently, you'll see that his car is cracking from the abuse he gives it. and i use abuse in the badass pushing it to its limits way. while you're back there with a cutoff wheel and welder you might as well reinforce the shit out of everything. another guy on here has a build thread where he's tackling a lot of rust repair and stitch welding. a properly built cage would help distribute load too.

my x3 has leaf springs so i'm even more in the shitter when it comes to usable rear suspension. planning on mki supra rear and finding some way to locate coil spring perches for it too. that's probably a pipe dream due to how rare they are though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 am 

addco makes a rear sway bar kit for the x3...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 am 

And if you look at my thread, I listed every bushing replacement part for our cars.
It should help tighten up the suspension of the vehicle with the newer poly bushings.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]