#
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: New, from Tasmania, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 am 

Hey everyone,

My name's Cody, I'm an apprentice mechanic living in the north of Tasmania, Australia.

I have a few cars;

A 1980 Mazda 323 wagon, 4 speed manual, TC. Bought as my first car, unregistered and not going. After quite a few years and a lot of messing around, got it going and realised what bad shape it's in. Not quite prepared to spend the time and money on it at the moment.

A 1973 Hilux, RN25, 4 speed column shift, 12R. Bought as a project, it's a series 2. Still registered, but needs a new engine, as all the pistons are seized. By the milky oil, I guess it blew a head gasket and the person I got it from didn't know much about it. Had been sitting next to the ocean with the spark plugs out for months. Haven't gotten around to the new donk yet. Body is great, though it does have four stud hubs on the front, which I can't figure out what they're from.

A 1981 Hilux, RN40 4 speed column shift, 12R. This has been my baby for almost a year now (only 20 and not had my licence six months) this has been my main project. I've painted parts of her, but am waiting to find a few rust-free panels before I get a spray painter friends to do her properly. There are spots of house paint where the previous owner covered up rust. I may post a thread on this one, to save clogging up this 'brief description'.

And finally, a 1981 Mazda 626 CB sedan, five speed, MA, my most recent acquisition. Haven't done much to this so far, just cut the springs, installed a stereo and driven it. My current daily, as the RN40 Hilux has been seriously showing the strain.

Ahh, 20 years old, apprentice mechanic, live alone. More or less sums it up!

Love this forum so far, some awesome cars. Absolutely loved reading 'Tim' something's Mazda 323 wagon build thread and am headed over there now to compliment him on it.

Thanks!
Cody

Post subject: Re: New, from Tasmania, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 am 
Mild Cam

Sounds like you have some interesting projects, can't wait to read about all of them with more pictures. I think I saw your Hilux in the Toyota section, cool build for sure. :tu: Welcome to JNC!

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject: Re: New, from Tasmania, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm 

Yep, that's mine, alright. Thanks Cam, I appreciate it! (:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]