#
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Series 2 RX7 - my new toy!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 am 

Minor update.......found some excellent tail lights...will fit them sometime next week....Also couldn't resist it any longer....put the car up on stands today and fitted all new shocks and Kings Superlow springs!!

Both front shocks were destroyed, rears seemed just OK. All went together easy, in and out in 2 hours....

Car rides much nicer now albeit a bit firm.......feels real low when you pull up at lights next to family cars but doesn't look stupidly low.....will post up some pics when I take some. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:37 am 

Couple of quick pics of the repaired trim. Also fitted up a fire extinguisher behind my seat. Figured no one can fit behind me anyway, so putting an extinguisher there is not going to cause any issues......

Drivers seat from this.....

To this.....

Fitted new rear rotors on the weekend as well. Really need to stop spending coin on this thing!!

Will hopefully get some pics of the new suspension on the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 pm 

Put new front rotors and wheel bearings in the car this morning....got sick of looking at the rotors sitting in the shed so figured I may as well chuck them on.

Really happy with where the car is at now. It has changed a lot in 6 months in terms of being a nice car. All those little things sure make a big difference over time.

Still want to do some more work with the paint, but happy to just drive and enjoy it now.

A quick pic of the car with it's new ride height....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:02 am 

That sits way better now 8)

So do you still have to rx2 project in the shed ?

The Orange girl would see the time and money going into this and be very :x ... and :cry:

Regards Kurt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 am 

Its looking great buddy, I would love to own another like this that I could drive to work everyday!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 am 

-djfizz- wrote:
That sits way better now 8)

So do you still have to rx2 project in the shed ?

The Orange girl would see the time and money going into this and be very :x ... and :cry:

Regards Kurt.

Yeah the coupe is still there. Haven't lifted the covers off her for ages. She will get the attention she deserves soon enough. Hopefully about to build her a new home so she can park next to the 7......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 am 

Harley wrote:
Its looking great buddy, I would love to own another like this that I could drive to work everyday!

Thanks mate. I would love to have another one of these to thrash around a track like you do!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 am 

Some minor updates.......

Have spent some time polishing scratches out of the paint. The roof was especially bad on the passenger side. It looked like someone had washed it with a handful of rocks!

Had a go with meguiars ultimate compound using a 3 inch foam medium cut pad on a cordless drill. Shit that stuff is good!! Roof is not perfect but 1000 times better than it was.

Also went over a few other panels on the car with this stuff, followed by a generous double coat of wax. Lookin pretty nice.

Also tracked down a pair of JDM / USDM front indicator lenses recently, just need to fit them up for the all orange look.

Got sick of smacking my knees on the steering wheel every time I get in it, so started on the hunt for a MOMO Sistema. Considering they have been out of production since 1991, they are not easy to find......struck pay dirt a couple of weeks ago....found a NOS one in Germany, still in a retro momo box with the "Genuine momo hand stitched leather" tag attached on it!!

Needless to say I snapped it up pretty quick and mounted it in the seven. The leather is still soft as.....

Have also painted up a few odd and sods around the car to finish tidying it up. Pretty happy with where it is at nowadays and just happy to get in it on weekends and drive it!!

Maybe need to look at getting another car.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 am 

My JDM / USDM indicators arrived this week...fitted them up today. I bought them from Rx7Hut.com......good guy to deal with.

Now need to put new headlights in the car that incorporate the park light globes. I have taken the globes out of the parking lights so that they don't light up orange.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:58 pm 

Orange blinkers look great! Did the same to my 323 and my Mini.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:59 am 

Quick update.....it has been quite a while......

Car is still pretty much as is from last post...have been spending my time and cash on the blue one, but car has not been neglected.

Bought a set of rims for the other one, but they look so much better on this that they now permanately belong to this car....

With spring just around the corner, I really need to chuck some rego on this and get it out of the shed....time to put some Kay's on the fresh new rubber!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 am 

suit the 7 much more then the 4

changes the look of the car a heap :D :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5