#
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: I've got a wheel question i'm hoping to get some help on...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 am 

Hello fellow jnc lovers... I am wondering if anyone knows -if anybody has -or even knows if it would even work -putting wheels on a 5-lug 1991 camry/crown -like these mitsubishi starion wheels... would they fit???

if correct -they do share the 5x4.5 bolt pattern -yes? -yet i am wondering about the offset -and i do know they are intended for rwd -and a 1991 cam/crown is frd -and camber -stress all that -yet am just curios -if anybody has seen these on a 91 -and if not -likes doing some math and is a wiz etc. -and likes to share :) and would beable to tell me if they'd fit...

i'd also like to know ov all manufacture [yet stock] [even steel] that have that pattern which i could use -or are known to work???

i would be extremely grateful for any leads in this... always want to up my wheel tire combo -with junkyard finds...

sometimes i think about just getting some adapters and going crazy -picking some crazy combo...
yet i am sure a set would still be more than a set ov wheels that would work... -i really onlt want to go to 15 -might consider 16's -i do want to do a tire stretch -and keep the tread to a minimum -not looking for handling gains -solely for driving like grandma -around town :D

if someones knows ov a chart -where someone has taken the time to write down all car makes and the models etc. whom share the same bolt pattern -or at least just put the order ov the desciption in bolt pattern order -that'd be like WOW :shock: - and i'd want to know where to find such a thing...

thanx all - cheers

Last edited by crown wagon on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I've got a wheel question i'm hoping to get some help on
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm 

Try looking at later model (1990+) RWD cars. For some reason manufacturers started putting FWD spec wheels on their RWD cars. For example, my IS300 has 17 X 7 50mm offset wheels even though it is RWD. Fouth Gen Supras were in the same general range.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I know that the 16x8 are -10 and will not fit on a 91 cressida... tried it myself. I doubt that they will fit a 91 camry/crown. Better off looking at fwd offset as the above said. Heck, even the MX73 cressida had a +20 offset. My starion wheels are being saved for the celica... just haven't decided if it will be the 76 or the 85.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 pm 

I like the starion swap. If painted right it looks like the stock celica gts or supra rims but 5 spoke.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 am 

thanx all... and yeah -the way they look like five spoke versions is why they interest me so much -for this application... -i figured later model five lug rwd celica and supra wheels would fit -and have taken them into consideration for sure... there just not as cool as early model wheels -and i want to go with old school -making my 91 look even older than it is :D

i am thinking about just doing steelies like Image
and painting the rims -as i have already done on my 14" stocks -yet going bigger etc. and stretch the tires...

or trying something like http://raleigh.ebayclassifieds.com/m/ViewLargeImage?adid=13424732
and getting some moon hub covers -and rim rings maybe?

i've often though ov getting adapters as i stated earlier -yet don't even know how much i'd be looking at to get something custom -as i don't think there is anything made for the ap. i'm thinking about... like to aircooled vw wheels -which would be taller -and thinner than mine -and now a days -or if ever -are larger wheels so thin... i like getting better gas milage -and less drag... though i am unsure they'd even be up to the weight -haven't done the math on that... XP

have also tooled with the idea ov going smaller too -to something classic as Image
with adapters ov course... could be fun -less gas milage -yet for around town not much... and a bit quicker off the line :D

or adaptor on the old celica supra wheels -hmmmmm????

also really like these Image
and would need adaptors -sooo idk -guess it's just really a matter ov money
most likely will go with the cheapest thing i can find second hand -that'll work...

thanx again

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm 

Moved to proper forum.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]