#
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 7T7 REPU - BUILD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 am 

asirike20 wrote:
wooooooooow really really nice and clean build up...........

this truck is lucky to get a new life........... :tu: :tu:

but where's the side mirrors??????

thanks.

No mirrors for now. i have not found any i really like. i also like the lines of the truck without the side mirrors. if i find some i really like i may put them on, but for now thats the way it stays.

rx7_ben wrote:
Amazing! that is such a nice ute. I wish we got them here in Australia.

Yes, I said ute. :lol:

i am on the Ausrotary forum all the time and i've seen two on the forum, both from New Zealand. I have to say, you guys have some sick rx-2's, 3's 4's and R-100's. I love that forum.

RX-2Fan wrote:
DAMN THATS CLEAN!!! I hope to see it around at a show or something, looks Amazing!

I will go to the local racetrack (not to race) PBIRR and Countyline. It will never be entered into a car show. I am not a big fan of car shows and i am really not interested in collecting plastic trophy's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i built the truck for my enjoyment. reason why i posted the build was because i felt it would give ideas to other REPU owners. There was a REPU build on the RX7club forum that gave me the ideas on the brakes and radiator.

repuman74 wrote:
wow my build seems so sad now, amazing truck i have gotten many ideas for my 74 from this. where exactly did you get those angel eyes headlights? ive been wanting to do an upgrade to mine for a while also the 5 lug conversion in front would be great because having 2 5 lugs and 2 6 lugs makes buying rims very difficult haha. thank you for your help

I got the angel eyes from Ebay. there are plenty of kits on there. i got the one that had glass headlights with all the wiring (Pigtails) included. My kit was for a chevy. Fits nicely with one exception. You have to modify the buckets a little to fir the lights. Nothing major. if you want i can post pics of the modification required. Nothing a dremel cant handle. I want to say that i paid like $125 for the kit.

5 lug aeropsace brakes are the best. The rotors come with the option of going 5x120 or 5x114.3 You install the studs, so you get to choose. I went with 2 piece rotors and nickle plated. All that for $895. Call Aerospace and ask for Scott. They are truley a great company.

Camshaft wrote:
WOW, what an amazing build! Everything is immaculate... :shock: All of the little details really go well with each other. I dig the pearly colour too. :tu:

thanks, i am really happy with the color. i wanted a true white with pearl. only problem i was running into, was that most were a cream color and not white. I was at the store one day and saw a 2012 Ford Taurus. I knew that was the color for my truck. the next day went tot he ford dealer and got the VIN so the painter could match the color.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 am 
Mild Cam

papsmagu wrote:
No mirrors for now. i have not found any i really like. i also like the lines of the truck without the side mirrors. if i find some i really like i may put them on, but for now thats the way it stays.

I agree that the lines look really great without mirrors. Personally, I'd just got one of those Broadway superwide mirrors to go over your stock rearview mirror in the cab. Heck, I never even use the side mirrors on my Miata now...

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:28 pm 

went for a ride tonight and took a couple of pics before the ride.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am 

Congratulations on completing your build!! That would have to be the sweetest REPU that I have ever seen :D

Your blend of concepts work with the car and don't take away from the heritage of the car. :tu:

Thanks for sharing it with us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:02 am 
Mild Cam

jdmrx2 wrote:
Your blend of concepts work with the car and don't take away from the heritage of the car. :tu:

I agree, this is the textbook definition of a "sympathetic restomod," and it's a real inspiration for my Celica project. Seriously love this truck. :tu:

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:58 am 

This build is awesome. Wish we got REPU's in Australia. We invented the ute for F#*$K sake.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am 

rxfury wrote:
This build is awesome. Wish we got REPU's in Australia. We invented the ute for F#*$K sake.

Thanks, yeah not to many of these in AU but plent of other rotary vehicles.

Camshaft wrote:
jdmrx2 wrote:

I agree, this is the textbook definitionof a "sympathetic restomod," and it's a real inspiration for my Celica project. Seriously love this truck. :tu:

Thanks, really tried to add some modern touches while keeping it old school

jdmrx2 wrote:
Congratulations on completing your build!! That would have to be the sweetest REPU that I have ever seen :D

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks glad you like it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am 

Nice!!!!

Post subject: New Wheels
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 pm 

Jorge wrote:
Nice!!!!

thanks.

Small update:

over the last two months i figured out that i did not like the blue wheels. here is the new wheels that i picked out for her. overall really happy with my selection

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm 

Enjoyed watching your build and really glad you went with those new wheels, really does the truck justice now!!...Great job bro :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm 

Wow, what a great build! Very clean and tidy, love the new wheel selection, meshies on a old school Mazda? Can't go wrong!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 am 
Mild Cam

BBS RS...always a good decision. 8)

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject: Re: 7T7 Repu - Build
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm 

I love this thing... A right credit to you!

MUCH prefer the BBS - looks classy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:56 pm 

jdm_master wrote:
Enjoyed watching your build and really glad you went with those new wheels, really does the truck justice now!!...Great job bro :)

thanks, i am really happy with the outcome. lowered the front a bit more than what is pictured this week but havent been able to drive it yet cause its been raining here everyday

VintageRotaryDecals wrote:
Wow, what a great build! Very clean and tidy, love the new wheel selection, meshies on a old school Mazda? Can't go wrong!

thanks! can you make me some centercaps with an old school mazda logo to fit my new wheels. not really diggin the BBS logo

Camshaft wrote:
BBS RS...always a good decision. 8)

thanks

Rex272 wrote:
I love this thing... A right credit to you!

MUCH prefer the BBS - looks classy.

thanks, been hunting for a REPU for a very long time. i truely got to build my dream REPU with only one exception...............its needs an NA 20B. that will be the next project. hopefully next year, it will go under the knife again. for now, i am enjoying driving her around town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm 

lowered the front of the truck a bit......actually a bit too much, rubs a bit under full lock. anyways, here are some pics that some real photographers took at a local meet a couple of weeks back.

enjoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 am 

Awesome stunning look. Look the white color and BBS shoes. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm 

Any updates on my favourite pickup??

Come sale time (if you decide to go ahead with the 20B project in another REPU) I would love to give her a new home here in Australia!

Simon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 am 

RestoreMaz wrote:
well documented build thread. well done. :tu:

:tu: :tu:

Rex272 wrote:
Any updates on my favourite pickup??

Come sale time (if you decide to go ahead with the 20B project in another REPU) I would love to give her a new home here in Australia!

Simon

thanks for the compliments.....everything is for sale. but not know as after 6 months of enjoyable driving, i have remvoed everything and she is now under the knife again. going 20B. see below.

Supraman wrote:
Awesome stunning look. Look the white color and BBS shoes. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

thanks

The original idea was to make it 20B NA. My wallet did not allow me to do it last year but i have now decided to take on the challenge. I will update the thread as i go but i am really taking this thing on blindly. i have searched and searched for 20B REPU's but i find very little on them, I’m sure they are out there, but I haven’t been able to find them. I have found a couple of UTE's in Australia that have turbo 20B's but that about it.
I really have no plans for it other than it will run 3-50mm ITB’s with six 1000 cc injectors. All run by Haltech SP2000. Engine is Bridge Ported built by Kilo Racing, bought it from RulerMark (he went to the Darkside).

Other than that…I don’t have any more info.

Here are some pics of the dis-assembly of the old S4 13B NA.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:47 am 

Everything out

Here she is in all its glory….ready to continue living in my friends dad’s first gen, actually its already up and running in the FB

Got a hold of a Turbo II tranny…. Mocked it up into place

Went to mate the engine to the tranny and oh oh…..we have some obstacles in the way!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 am 

Took out the trusty saw saw and out went the obstacles

Now that all the obstacles were out of my way I mocked everything up again and found that I needed an additional 4” of room. This means that the existing tranny hole would need to move back 4”. Not what I wanted but there is plenty of room in the cabin to move the whole back 4”. In order to do this I modified the tail shaft of the tranny and modified a new tranny mount. Note, I cannot weld, nor do I pretend to know how to weld so off it goes to a buddy’s shop that does some amazing things!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next