Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Japanese Nostalgic Car Plastic Model Kits
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 pm 

keithrx3c wrote:
What is that stuff?

It's paper that lets you make your own decals. :wink:

Quote:
I don't have a printer either.

They aren't expensive. About the same price as a custom set of decals. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 pm 

But wouldn't you need some sort of special program to design the stickers? And how would you get them the right size?

Keith :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 am 

Anybody know why all my pics dissappeared? Like all my pics from all my post are gone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am 
JNC Enthusiast

No special program needed. You could design them in something like MS paint or Gimp and then just print them out on a standard inkjet. If the instructions of the kit are like most japanese kits they will have three view drawings on the last page. You just scan the drawings in and resize them to kit size. The use that as a template for the markings. When you are done, ditch the template and voila! custom decals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

Sounds like a bit of a head FARK to me. I've only used MS paint for screen shots.

BTW, is there a way to translate the Japanese instructions that come with the kits? Or an english version of them online somewhere?

Keith :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am 

john wrote:
keithrx3c wrote:
Anyone know if this car came as a plastic 1/24 kit?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15 ... cer26.jpg/

How about this?

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ03769

my kit just arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm 

Is that the kit I linked to? If so, did it have the big flares and Watanabes?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:26 pm 

keithrx3c wrote:
Sounds like a bit of a head FARK to me.

It is the first time, but it gets easier after that. :tu: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Yes john, it does comes with the flares and the spoilers. The wats in the kit should be the standard Fujimi 15 inch wide and wider ones that have been out for eons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Making your own decals is no big deal. I have been doing it for years. The only drawback is that you can't print white with a regular printer. So you can really only use homemade decals on white or light colored cars. Unless you use white decal paper.

81 TE75 Corolla SR5 Sport Coupe modified
Custom 93 Toyota minitruck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am 

john wrote:
Is that the kit I linked to? If so, did it have the big flares and Watanabes?

yes exact kit.
flairs, wing/airdam and racing jacket included. have to cut the body a ton to fit the flairs, just like real life.
super deep staggered wats with a semi slick race tire.

no engine details though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 am 

Marv666 wrote:
This weekend I visited a local store to buy some folders etc. about my 4G Galant. While being there the owner pointed me some model kits of Japanese cars, that according to him have probably been lying there for more than 15 years. The only thing that is missing as far as I know is the electric motor of the Galant (according to the boxes both kits are motorized). Sorry for the bad pictures, I took them with my laptop.

Both cars are finished, however at this moment the only pictures I have are these:

While waiting for the electric motor for the Galant I went on a little buying spree:

And I made myself a little (as-cheap-as-possible) showcase:

And I found these two model kits at home. Both partly build (a long time ago) by my father (who unfortunately died less than a year ago in a work accident):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm 

Who would be interested in having these wheels and tires recasted? The two in the middle there aoshima 14" with stretched wall tires? If there is enough interest in this it can happen. But first i need to get a feeler on how many people would be willing to do it. And also how many people have wheel type's of these the grachamp aoshima wheel's besides me? there a few of us i know for sure who do, who shall remain nameless at this time. Who would actually be willing to send there wheels in to be casted because without the wheels, there is no way to make a cast of them. I get alot of question and inboxes on all types of forums and social networks over these wheels so now is the time to put up or shut up there may not be another chance to do this. And if this works out with a good enough turn out. other parts could be available from engine's to accessories. But we have to get enough people to have interest. the materials are not cheap. and as of right now there is only one style of wheel to be available. As of this moment. the aoshima gra-champ line is what shall be the focus just because to my knowledge they are all the same "14" size and they all have the same cut of tire even though im aware that the tread on some tires are different

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm 

http://modelscientistsforums.ipbhost.co ... re-recast/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Those wheels are readily available thanks to the internet. Don't know how much interest there would be in them being recasted. Here is a sample of what is coming out.
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... stom+Parts

Aoshima will do a limited run of their wheel and tire sets, usually with some custom parts added in as well. Once the run is gone, they tend to retool the custom parts and then re-release the wheels again. Fujimi also does a hippari tire and wheel as well

Here are the fujimi offerings as well. Only Fujimi's 14 rims come with the stretched tires. Also, the stretch is not as pronounced as Aoshima's stretch.
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... eel+Series

Not saying you won't be successful, but as long as fujimi and Aoshima keep popping them out, it will make you task that much harder.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 am 

Not really. now i dont know if you been keeping tabs on these but i have for the last 3 years. these are being released again but not in the exact tire sizes as the originals, and on top of it the materials for the recast this time are going to be to aluminum and the run is going to be very limited. This was word directly from aoshima who which i spoke to personaly several times about these line of wheels. most place's that are supposed to have them dont and still dont know exactly when they will have them . a few places where i got mine from have already sold out even though they dont physically have sets in there hands. so once these are gone they are gone again and there will be no more after the newest batch come's out. which is why we decided to redo these our selves. and even though it will just be the wheels and tires with no accessories with them and no box ours will be cheaper and more available then the originals since we have a well know caster from the lowrider model world doing these. Now if you can get these in time before they sell out cool but i promise you after they sell out again and there are no more we will be the only ones to be recasting these exept for a few personal resin molders who i assure you will not have the time to supply everybody and will only do this for a small few people
This is the reponce i got in my email from them in april after sending them a email in december

Aoshima Bunka Kyozai Co.,Ltd. Official to---- It's scheduled on 31st of July release in Japan. If you could advise your location we can advise our distributors.
Sorry but this time the material is aluminum for rim and white metal for spoke. Right now we don't have plan to re-issue again after this reissue Please stay tuned:)
sak----a@mail.aoshima-bk.co.jp thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 am 

OkieRA29 wrote:
Those wheels are readily available thanks to the internet. Don't know how much interest there would be in them being recasted. Here is a sample of what is coming out.
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... stom+Parts

Aoshima will do a limited run of their wheel and tire sets, usually with some custom parts added in as well. Once the run is gone, they tend to retool the custom parts and then re-release the wheels again. Fujimi also does a hippari tire and wheel as well

Here are the fujimi offerings as well. Only Fujimi's 14 rims come with the stretched tires. Also, the stretch is not as pronounced as Aoshima's stretch.
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... eel+Series

Not saying you won't be successful, but as long as fujimi and Aoshima keep popping them out, it will make you task that much harder.

I looked at the links in this post you put up. and a noticed a few things about this
1. these are not the same wheels as the ones we have and are doing these are two peice wheels that have to be assembled the ones we offer are 1 piece
2. fujimi version of this arent quite as wide and dont have as much stretch to the tires you can tell just by looking at the box art and ive seen them in person they are not the same.
3 in both links you posted there all sold out just like everyplace that is supposed to have them.
Now im aware that it would be nicer to have the official ones but when these are gone there gone we offer the chance of being able to recast these upon request, which i promise you niether aoshima or fujimi, will offer any of there customers that kind of service. they make them, they ship them, you buy them and when there gone there gone. We get a order from you cast the sets you need and in like a week you have another set.
Trust me this was something that needed to happen because of how the market is growing and the supply of these is shrinking.
I promise you by april we will probally be the only ones to be producing these unless some other person follows behind what we are doing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm 

Trail run in progress as we speak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Hey, took me a while to write this cause every other response sounded like I was beating you down and that is not the case. I am happy to see you doing this. If your prices are competetive with the cost of getting the Aoshima ones then I can see these selling well. Do you know which wheels you will be producing yet. Also, will the tires be in flexible or hard resin? I like to use the tires on other rims in the stash. Knowing how Aoshima does limited runs of their wheel and tire sets, I tend to buy 4 or 5 of each when I can. I make deeper offsets of some of their 15 inch rims(TE37v anyone?) and I use the stretched tires on these. So I do have a need for the stretched tires. The start looks good. Will the spokes be open or closed?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am 

OkieRA29 wrote:
Hey, took me a while to write this cause every other response sounded like I was beating you down and that is not the case. I am happy to see you doing this. If your prices are competetive with the cost of getting the Aoshima ones then I can see these selling well. Do you know which wheels you will be producing yet. Also, will the tires be in flexible or hard resin? I like to use the tires on other rims in the stash. Knowing how Aoshima does limited runs of their wheel and tire sets, I tend to buy 4 or 5 of each when I can. I make deeper offsets of some of their 15 inch rims(TE37v anyone?) and I use the stretched tires on these. So I do have a need for the stretched tires. The start looks good. Will the spokes be open or closed?

Our target price at the moment is between $15-20 bucks but it depends on how hard it is to recast the tire in actual rubber and not resin. I will say if the quality of the rubber is not up to a standard we feel is something we would buy then the tire will also be resin but we are going to do the best we can to get the tires made of rubber. We are not recomending the tires be used on any scale sized wheel bigger than the 14'' size these wheels come in untill we get some different wheels of definate scale size accuracy and test how big of a scale wheel these can go on without causing damage to the tire. I would hate to see a person stretch the tire to far and ruin it putting it on a larger diameter wheel. Right now we are currently not selling the tires seperate to keep material cost down and because we dont get alot of request for just tires. But we are making plans to have the tire be available seperate on there own because we do realize some builders make there own wheel and need this cut of tire. The wheel casting will be open face and replicate the wheel exactly. So far we have four styles ready to be casted, but i am hunting online for the last available sets of the ones we dont have to have the ready also. I even bought to grand champs kits this week just to have the wheels that come with them. And im going to see if we can replicate these kits also since there pretty rare and wont be available again after there limited re-realaese coming in december. But im making no promises on actual kits, because buying them and having them shipped is costing me alot of money and i doubt if i even break even on them, and im not going to lose money to supply everyone else. but for a hand full of builders that i know personally this will be my pleasure. This is the link to where im keeping track of all the request and orders please click it and put your request up by the number under the wheel style. If you not a member of this fan page already join and you request will be answered shortly after first. Thanks for your interest and support

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 37 of 42   [ 833 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next