#
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Hello everyone. My name is Johnny and I've been trolling this website for years. I bought a long awaited 1971 Toyota Crown so I decided to register. I'm gonna need alot of advice on what to do with her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:26 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Here's what it looks like now.

Image


Last edited by ghengis khan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:05 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Any suggestions on wheels?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm 

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm
Posts: 60
Location: dixon CA
2 words, green hornet!

_________________
one does not simply find repu parts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
repuman74 wrote:
2 words, green hornet!


That would be cool but I definitely don't have the funds for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 am 

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm
Posts: 60
Location: dixon CA
lol same boat, honestly if it were mine i would just put some period correct wheels (i recommend watanabes) maybe get the stace a little lower and you have a fine example of the breed.

_________________
one does not simply find repu parts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:32 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
repuman74 wrote:
lol same boat, honestly if it were mine i would just put some period correct wheels (i recommend watanabes) maybe get the stace a little lower and you have a fine example of the breed.


That's pretty much it as long as I can get it running again. If not I was thinking about a motor swap. We'll see how it goes after I have my wife's foot surgically removed from my ass for buying it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Almost got it running last night. I'm gonna have to pull the carb off and have a look at how bad it's gummed up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm 

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 am
Posts: 73
Location:       
Wow, gorgeous shape! It's this one, isn't it?

When I was Crown shopping I was checking this out; was too much and too far away though. But the body looks near perfect.

Never saw any engine pics however. Is it a 4M?

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:14 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
palatine wrote:
Wow, gorgeous shape! It's this one, isn't it?

When I was Crown shopping I was checking this out; was too much and too far away though. But the body looks near perfect.

Never saw any engine pics however. Is it a 4M?

Mike


That is the same one Mike. It does have a 4M and the body is almost flawless thanks to the previous owner having the entire body reconditioned and painted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 am 

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 am
Posts: 73
Location:       
ghengis khan wrote:
palatine wrote:
Wow, gorgeous shape! It's this one, isn't it?

When I was Crown shopping I was checking this out; was too much and too far away though. But the body looks near perfect.

Never saw any engine pics however. Is it a 4M?

Mike


That is the same one Mike. It does have a 4M and the body is almost flawless thanks to the previous owner having the entire body reconditioned and painted.


Wow; that's two Crowns I was looking at before buying mine that I've seen on JNC now; nice (the other is the MS60 in Quebec).

I just re-read the ad I linked to. Funny thing about the left low-beam short: mine had the same issue. PO ran a 14ga wire from the right one to get around it.

Good luck with getting it going. I've just shelled out for a pro-rebuilt carb after messing around with a few carb kits and parts carbs. Hopefully this'll do the trick.

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
palatine wrote:
ghengis khan wrote:
palatine wrote:
Wow, gorgeous shape! It's this one, isn't it?

When I was Crown shopping I was checking this out; was too much and too far away though. But the body looks near perfect.

Never saw any engine pics however. Is it a 4M?

Mike


That is the same one Mike. It does have a 4M and the body is almost flawless thanks to the previous owner having the entire body reconditioned and painted.


Wow; that's two Crowns I was looking at before buying mine that I've seen on JNC now; nice (the other is the MS60 in Quebec).

I just re-read the ad I linked to. Funny thing about the left low-beam short: mine had the same issue. PO ran a 14ga wire from the right one to get around it.

Good luck with getting it going. I've just shelled out for a pro-rebuilt carb after messing around with a few carb kits and parts carbs. Hopefully this'll do the trick.

Mike


Thanks Mike. I took the carb off and it's like glue on the inside from siting for a couple of years. I'll keep you posted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Here's the carb after it was completely disassembled, soaked, cleaned and reassembled. Let's see how it goes. :tu:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 11
Location: South Texas
Well it's running and everything looks good.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net