#
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: G'day from Sydney, Australia!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm 

Hi everyone.

Basically just a quick intro. I'm new to the nostalgic scene with most of my previous cars being late model imports, but already, I love it! Throws so much more of a challenge at you when parts aren't all that easy to source. Anyway, I have recently purchased a '74 Toyota Corona Mark II sedan that has already had some work done, but still needs a tidy up. I would love to hear from anyone else who has one of these magnificent beasts, especially anyone who can help in sourcing parts. I look forward to continuing my journey into the world of Japanese nostalgic cars with you all. Until next post,

Kind Regards
Bevan

Post subject: Re: G'day from Sydney, Australia!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 am 

Welcome, glad you made your way here. love the mark IIs. I am more partial to the 2 door hardtops, but love all of them, 2 doors, sedans, and wagons. If you want a challenging car to find parts for you sure got it, but there are quite a few of us on here that are owners and lovers of these cars so you have got a pretty good source to go to for parts and information. Post some pictures we all would love to see it, and be sure to post up your progress in the Toyota garage section. Best of luck. Feel free to pm me anytime if I can help with anything

Best regards
Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 am 

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the welcome. since the last post I was lucky enought to find a '75 wreck and got a couple of bits and pieces off it. Unfortunatley someone had already raped it of some good bits. The main thing I need is the centre console (5 speed manual transmission), and would love to get my hands on some corona mark II badges.

The car is in relatively good shape, although I would like it tidied up, so I have had the wiring re-done and am currently getting the suspension fixed up. This will be a bit of a long term project for me, but I dont care! I love driving this car regardless of the state it is in. The wish list is as follows:

- Repaint
- New carpet
- Repair dash
- Replace center console
- Replace the wheels with something more fitting the style

I have tried posting some photos, but am having a couple of issues. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post them up.

Until next time

Kind Regards
Bevan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 am 

Hey man,
Im also from Australia, just north of you (Newcastle). Ive got a 1975 Mark II 2 door coupe which im currently restoring, it has a lot of rust in the sills so its a big job! Your lucky you found a wreck so quick, i havent found one yet and ive been looking for months!! Im looking for a new dash as well :S

Where abouts was the wreck you found? Was it a coupe or sedan?

It might be your lucky day because browsing ebay today i found some Mark II badges

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1976-Toyota- ... 3f1c863371

Post up some pictures of your car I would be keen to see it!

Cheers
Adam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 pm 

Hi domdom. Nice to know there is at least one other in the area! The wreck is a '75 coupe, located at Dapto pick a part, south of Wollongong. The downside is that the car has already been raped severely and there isn't much left on it in good nick. Most of the panels are riddled with rust and the interior is near stripped. I will continue to keep an eye out and let you know. Thanks for the heads up on the badges too. I'm waiting for my beast to come back from having the suspension fixed up and will sort out some photos on its return. Got any photos of yours?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm 

I should have mentioned the wreck still has the 4m engine in it which looks to be pretty much intact.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 pm 

kiwibeavis wrote:
Hi domdom. Nice to know there is at least one other in the area! The wreck is a '75 coupe, located at Dapto pick a part, south of Wollongong. The downside is that the car has already been raped severely and there isn't much left on it in good nick. Most of the panels are riddled with rust and the interior is near stripped. I will continue to keep an eye out and let you know. Thanks for the heads up on the badges too. I'm waiting for my beast to come back from having the suspension fixed up and will sort out some photos on its return. Got any photos of yours?

Ah a coupe wreck! Even rarer haha. Im presuming that its door cards would have been gone/in bad condition? But yeah if you see another one let me know :)
What are you doing to the suspension? I bought new lowered king springs and shocks for mine recently..

viewtopic.php?t=17608

Thats the thread of when i first joined, since then its had a lot of rust cut out and have just started welding in the new metal (just bought a new mig too) So ive yet to update it and eventually give it a paint job!

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 am 

[quote="domdom22
Ah a coupe wreck! Even rarer haha. Im presuming that its door cards would have been gone/in bad condition? But yeah if you see another one let me know :)
What are you doing to the suspension? I bought new lowered king springs and shocks for mine recently..

viewtopic.php?t=17608

Thats the thread of when i first joined, since then its had a lot of rust cut out and have just started welding in the new metal (just bought a new mig too) So ive yet to update it and eventually give it a paint job!

Cheers[/quote]

From what I saw of it the other day, theres nothing of any value left on it. I had to strip the tie rods off to correct a dodgy job on the steering on mine. Its really only the engine and gearbox (auto) left.

In regards to the suspension, there had already been a lot of work done when I got the car. Its been lowered and all the sway bars have been upgraded. Some of the bushes needed replacing and the rear struts need to be replaced with shorter units as it has been riding on the bump stops. Should be a different car when I get it back. Hopefully by the end of this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm 

domdom22 wrote:
Hey man,
Im also from Australia, just north of you (Newcastle). Ive got a 1975 Mark II 2 door coupe which im currently restoring, it has a lot of rust in the sills so its a big job! Your lucky you found a wreck so quick, i havent found one yet and ive been looking for months!! Im looking for a new dash as well :S

It might be your lucky day because browsing ebay today i found some Mark II badges

Cheers
Adam

Get your dash redone at Classic Dash, I got mine done and it looks great :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm 

RT104 wrote:
domdom22 wrote:
Hey man,

Cheers
Adam

I would, but mine didnt come with a dash! Just a piece of carpet haha
Thanks for the heads up though, around how much did it cost?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 am 

domdom22 wrote:
RT104 wrote:
domdom22 wrote:
Hey man,

Cheers
Adam

I would, but mine didnt come with a dash! Just a piece of carpet haha
Thanks for the heads up though, around how much did it cost?

lol, what colour?hehehe! Yeah, I think it was about $600 but the dash was pretty badly cracked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 am 

Poo Brown, just like my whole car, interior and exterior :( I dont know what Toyota was thinking!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]