#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello from french canadian!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 pm 

Hi ! whats up guys! My name is Gabriel and I'm from Quebec City in Canada. Like the title say's, I'm french but I'll do my best to write correctly. I'm 26yrs old and grow up in a V8 muscle crap family, but since I'm a young kid, I always got attracted by Japanese car, at my fathers detriment! That love for Japanese car make me wanna learn more about that country and it create that crazy pation that I've got for this country! Car, culture, lifestyle, history...

Anyway, I'm a long time lurker on the JNC forum, but since I got no ''nostalgic'' car, I didnt want to disturb anyone.
But now I've got my new KUJIRA baby and I'm proudly part of the family.

ARIGATO GOZAIMASU! :D

Post subject: Re: Hello from french canadian!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm 

Location: Tucsan AZ / Davis-Monthan AFB / St.Croix Virgin Islands
Welcome man and congrats on the your new Old school.
I couldn't tell what that car is in the back ground?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm 

thanks... its my 1971 Toyota Crown Deluxe. I kinda forgot to mention it! ...newbe mistake i guess! :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 pm 

Nice! And welcome (to posting) too. What is that very rusty one in the foreground?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 pm 

welcome to the club Gabriel. Cheers! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 am 

@ Dave77 : its Chevrolet Belair sedan 1956

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 am 

Salut Gabriel. Moi je suis a Montréal avec une Célica de 1977. Bienvenue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am 

thanks... its my 1971 Toyota Crown Deluxe. I kinda forgot to mention it! ...newbe mistake i guess! :?

Nice! It's not a new purchase, is it? There was a white one for sale in Montreal for months that I could never get the car lot to return my calls about. Needed some gas tank work apparently...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm 

palatine wrote:
Mori7 wrote:

Nice! It's not a new purchase, is it? There was a white one for sale in Montreal for months that I could never get the car lot to return my calls about. Needed some gas tank work apparently...

yes this is the one... you probably saw it on Kijiji? That site is so dumb, it says the car is in Mtl but in reality,the car was in Quebec City (250km away) And im pretty sure the old owner didnt even speak english...Thats why he probably never call you back. lol

Yes ,need a gaz tank and some little frame work... the carb was dismanteled on the passenger floor to. He was asking 3500$ last year, didnt wort it o.m.o! But I got it for realy cheap.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm 

yes this is the one... you probably saw it on Kijiji? That site is so dumb, it says the car is in Mtl but in reality,the car was in Quebec City (250km away) And im pretty sure the old owner didnt even speak english...Thats why he probably never call you back. lol

Yes ,need a gaz tank and some little frame work... the carb was dismanteled on the passenger floor to. He was asking 3500$ last year, didnt wort it o.m.o! But I got it for realy cheap.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right on! Ya, I saw it on Kijiji and I heard back once via email, something to the effect it needed a tank and some other work, but never heard back from again; even left phone messages for the guy. At that time I was considering a Crown from New Brunswick ($2800 to transport) and one in Saskatoon ($1500 to transport), and a non-runner was even more money to get moved. The distance + the lack of replies made it not the best choice for me.

RockAuto has ready-to-go Crown carbs for US$150, which seems like a deal, honestly. I've just replaced most of my suspension bushings with a kit made for the 60-series, so most everything you need is available I think.
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:09 pm 

palatine wrote:
Right on! Ya, I saw it on Kijiji and I heard back once via email, something to the effect it needed a tank and some other work, but never heard back from again; even left phone messages for the guy. At that time I was considering a Crown from New Brunswick ($2800 to transport) and one in Saskatoon ($1500 to transport), and a non-runner was even more money to get moved. The distance + the lack of replies made it not the best choice for me.

RockAuto has ready-to-go Crown carbs for US$150, which seems like a deal, honestly. I've just replaced most of my suspension bushings with a kit made for the 60-series, so most everything you need is available I think.
Mike

Yeah that remind me the Datsun 1300 coupe(dropped, cragar 4 spoke rims and header if my memory is good) i spotted in Victoria BC and it was 3000obo and 3500 for shipping to Quebec city...

by the way, thanks for the link on RockAuto... saw the publicity on Speedchannel last weekend but Id never know the add part like this! But i didnt found the complete carb? Saw a rebuilded one on EBAY... i dont know what to do sincerly. I already got an Weber adapter for toyota engine and im tempted by this option to. :? :? :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:36 pm 

by the way, thanks for the link on RockAuto... saw the publicity on Speedchannel last weekend but Id never know the add part like this! But i didnt found the complete carb? Saw a rebuilded one on EBAY... i dont know what to do sincerly. I already got an Weber adapter for toyota engine and im tempted by this option to. :? :? :?

I always thought Rock Auto was just another on-line store, but they have an impressive cache of NOS stuff (that I'm rapidly depleting ;). Watch out for catalogue errors though: the outer tie rod ends listed are incorrect, and the Centric brake shoes are incorrect too. They have the right things, you just have to figure out what they are. For my MS55, 1973 Corona tie rods ended up being the right fit.

The carb: funny, they don't list one for a 1971 4M, but they list rebuilt ones for a 1970 2M - C$135 + $15 core. I think a weber setup might work well; I've heard good things anyway. It might take some engineering with the air cleaner though. 4M carb kits are really easy to find on Ebay for ~$10, and this guy has a parts carb for sale right now.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 am 

Thanks. But my biggest problem right now is that Id like to swap a 7M-GE with a triple carb set up... I got this stuck in my head for month and I dont know what to do! Exept the paint and manual transmission(the toyoglide is in a box) the car is full original and relatively clean, and Im woried of ''dismentel'' it...but I CANT ride a ''stock'' car. :evil: (and I love the shakotan style for decade!!! :P)

option 1- rebuild the carb and stay stock. (cost less but its not me) :oops:

option 2- do a full supra convertion ( 7m-ge with carb , supra rear diff w/independent suspension(coilover) and 15x8-15x10 wheels...) :twisted:

option 3- do option 1 and sell it and buy a '83 celica-supra... :roll:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]