#
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How my life found a '72 Nissan Skyline 2000GT HT
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 pm 

G wrote:
Explaining how we see things vastly differently.

I had made an attempt at being cordial to explain why we "see things vastly differently"; since you have chosen to be quite persistent on my thread.

I guess you did not detect the sarcasm of my comment. :|

What you spend on a monitor, is not what makes you a great critique of photography, especially when it was already pointed out earlier that the pics would not be at their best.

My apologies for using the word "blurry" too loosely, for those that agree with Mr. compton.

Also a bit of advice: When using the "My Dad is bigger than your Dad" approach in the "monitor competition" you should first question if your opponent uses the next generation, 27" LED Backlit, Apple Cinema Display. :tu:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm 

Now where was I…ah yes… Part 16: Photoshoot in the dessert with JP Graphics

One of my amateur photographer friends for San Diego, came down for a vista and decided to take some more snaps of my Hako. With his permission I have been allowed to show them here. Many thank to Yosi of JPrint Graphics, and members of SquadOne, San Diego for help with the shoot. :lol: :tu:

Image Image

Image Image

If you need any vinyl work check out Yosi at JPrint Graphics, https://www.facebook.com/jprint.graphics

Until next time... Part 17: 2008 Performance Nissan Meet…Don't miss it! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:30 pm 

I like your A/C :D

Do you normally run the carbs without a filter? if so are you not not worried about geting any particals into the motor?
I love the way it looks, If I could run it that way I would 24/7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:32 pm 

volkyboy wrote:

I like your A/C :D

Do you normally run the carbs without a filter? if so are you not not worried about geting any particals into the motor?
I love the way it looks, If I could run it that way I would 24/7

Thanks! I picked that fan up at a Autobacs near Yokota AB, 2 speeds and it recirculates!

No, I don't run filters. Yes, I know it's bad. I only take her out on special occasions about once or twice a month. Style/Sound over preventive care…oh well. I accept the price I may pay in the future. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 pm 

its a shame the camera pics up all the wobbles and stuff in the windscreen but otherwise amazaing photos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 pm 

those lines in the windshield are heat temprament lines, its how they tempered glass back in the day, and you can only see that from the right angles, mine has the same effect in just the right angles.

car looks sick, i like where you mounted your MSD box much better than where i put mine!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 am 

i have the same fan in my bnr32 haha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:04 am 

i noticed you have your choke hooked up.. thats CRAZY lol. do you actually use it??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 am 

Amazing car mate!!!!!!! Makes me ALMOST want to convert to the darkside :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 am 

wookieballa wrote:
i noticed you have your choke hooked up.. thats CRAZY lol. do you actually use it??

Yup! Sometimes it's a must...

wookieballa wrote:
those lines in the windshield are heat temprament lines, its how they tempered glass back in the day, and you can only see that from the right angles, mine has the same effect in just the right angles.

car looks sick, i like where you mounted your MSD box much better than where i put mine!

Thanks! I had to lose the Kangaroo pouch though, it was in the way...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:04 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Nice pictures, they look so sharp, even on my 17" acer monitor..

:tu:

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 am 

"those lines in the windshield are heat temprament lines, its how they tempered glass back in the day, and you can only see that from the right angles, mine has the same effect in just the right angles."

This same problem was encountered when Wayne's Hakosuka was being used for F&F filming. The "lines" were too prominent on the film while shooting. A replacement windshield was brought in from Japan to solve the problem. The replacement glass was not of a modern glass blend, just NOS winshield. The old windshield was kept as a backup since it was in good shape.

Leads me to believe the lines are more associated with aging. However Z's from this time period usually do not have the lines and are of the same material. maybe the curve of the glass has more to do with it?

Who cares car is rocking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:52 am 

Those lines are from "Zone Tempering" which is still used on the back window of modern vehicles.
Zone tempering still provides the safety factor of tempered glass, but in the event that the window shatters, it is still possible to see through zone tempered glass.

Aging is not a factor.

You don't see this on vehicles less than 40 years old, as nearly all in North America use laminated glass for the windscreen.
Also, this is visible in the photos as the photographer is likely using a polarized filter on the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 am 

Yup exactly, an easy way to tell is put on your polarized raybans and view the glass. If it tempered you will see that pattern.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 pm 

jncr wrote:
Leads me to believe the lines are more associated with aging.

You might be right, but I do recall, as a kid in the 70s, noticing those same lines on Dad's car, which was only a couple of years old at the time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:32 am 

Eric wrote:
Nice pictures, they look so sharp, even on my 17" acer monitor..

:tu:

:lol:

Post subject: Re: How my life found a '72 Nissan Skyline…everything else!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:00 am 

Part 17: The 2008 Performance Nissan Meet

I'm finally getting off my ass to get this damn thread current. I can't believe I'm only at 2008! My job/location is completely cramping my lifestyle/carlife. Oh well those are the brakes…btw the way I'm just a bit inebriated while posting this :oops: :lol: :lol: :tu: :idea: :lol: :| :D Good thing for spell check! :P

Here we go….

So lucky me a friend of a friend of a friend knows a guys sister that is going out with some dude that just so happens to work for the promotion/sponsorship section at Toyo Tires! YAY Toyo! I don't know if I mentioned it earlier but when I put on those Bronze Wats and got the tires, I had to appear a a few show to keep my end of the bargain of the sponsorship program thingy. So a drive up to Cali was in order! So we packed up the wife's Bb and threw some stuff in the Hako and off we went. Honestly I don't even remember remember where the damn event was, I just remember it was changed at the last minute days before the event, so it was a bit of a cluster FARK.

Any way enjoy the not half bad pictures taken with my crappy camera, cheers!!!!!!!!

Now these first pics are taken with a JDM R35 that Cobb tuning got into the U.S. before the it was available so before all the tents were put up we took advantage to take a few snaps…

[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/vegasmr2/DSC02338-1.jpg[/img)

Someone should powder coat their Wats silver and rock them. I think it would be a fresh take on an old classic! God I MISS MY CAR!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On to the show stuff…

Here's one of the first USDM R35's to hit our shores…

Isn't it funny just like Hako's you always see them in silver or white or the occasional red. I love how Nissan did that. The first R35 I ever drove was Red (thanks DCD!!!)

Here's a few shots of the first Nissan Stagea I've ever seen in the U.S. AND it was an "260RS Autech Version" at that!!! The only car that's NOT a Skyline to ever carry the mighty RB26DETT (to my knowledge.) For those that don'e speak "Skylinese" There was almost always a counter part "Wagon" or "Estate" version of every gen of Skyline until the R32. When the R33 came out the return of the "Skyline wagon" was reincarnated in the Stagea, although many of the cosmetic resemblance had disappeared under the skin there still shared many components.

Man, I would so import one of these if I could now that I have a kid!!! This would be my first choice if I could pic one car. And do an R34 conversion to the front!!! Click here if you have never seen one…
http://blog.cardomain.com/2010/10/20/an-ultimate-daily-driver-stagea-rs260/
and here...
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/409991-nsw-1997-stagea-autech-260rs-308-awkw-masa-motorsport-r34-gtr-front-end-missus-has-cracked-the-sads/

Me and the nephew...

Even my old man brought out his Nissan :oops: :D

Some JTuned love...

Well thats' that…what's next on the list? let me see…hhhmmm…Oh its a short one… Part 18: Photo shoot with Robert Kawasaki for Slick Magazine! I'll just do that now...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:13 am 

Part 18: Photo shoot with Robert Kawasaki for Slick Magazine!

So if anyone can help me out with this I'll gladly pay some cash. My buddy Rob took some pics while visiting Vegas and of they got in a mag. Not only did they get in But they made the cover and I never got a single copy. The damn mag is Slick Magazine... in Ireland! :P Oh well if anyone has seen one or is willing to part with it I would really appreciate some pics of it or maybe even a copy (?)……

Until next time... Part 19: JCCS 2008…Don't miss it! (initialD) Initial D super fans click this---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqolFStMq0&feature=plcp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:14 am 

Until next time... Part 19: JCCS 2008…Don't miss it! (initialD) Initial D super fans click this---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqolFStMq0&feature=plcp[/quote]

Did you ever got to meet Sexy Jeanette :lol:

BTW thanks for the continuation. I figure this is just the season opening and the saga/series continues, popcorn will be ready for some more reading......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:52 am 

floridaguy wrote:

Until next time... Part 19: JCCS 2008…Don't miss it! (initialD) Initial D super fans click this---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqolFStMq0&feature=plcp

Did you ever got to meet Sexy Jeanette :lol:

BTW thanks for the continuation. I figure this is just the season opening and the saga/series continues, popcorn will be ready for some more reading......

It was really weird, her walking around everywhere with her hands like that, especially between shots and on breaks... :P

Unfortunately no, you'd think I'd at least get to meet the models in this biz :| :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next