#
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: vintage 80's race decals
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 pm 

I'm building an 86 Accord hatchback right now, complete old school car, steelies, center H caps on the wheels,beauty rings, rear side exhaust, I thought about a few vintage decals back from the 80's, possibly products that were popular back then, talking about performance stuff, I'm looking for suggestions, my old fart mind can't seem to think back that far anymore :D I have an S&S header, MSD setup, delta cam, I know I can find a few of those, the S&S one will be very hard to find as they are of course gone I am looking for a Motul decal from those days as I run their oil, anyone ever see a decal or logo for the Hitachi SU?

Post subject: Re: vintage 80's race decals
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm 

this car was tracked at one point in it's life, I've had it 14 years, the race stuff was ripped out of it when I bought it, I restored it back to stock from a doner car now it's being turned into a custom which it will stay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:45 am 
Sorry friend it is hard to find know , but you can search on Google , hope you can find on that or go to the old market of car because there are some possibilities of getting it, and all the best for your car .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm 

lostforawhile wrote:
I'm building an 86 Accord hatchback right now, complete old school car, steelies, center H caps on the wheels,beauty rings, rear side exhaust, I thought about a few vintage decals back from the 80's, possibly products that were popular back then, talking about performance stuff, I'm looking for suggestions, my old fart mind can't seem to think back that far anymore :D I have an S&S header, MSD setup, delta cam, I know I can find a few of those, the S&S one will be very hard to find as they are of course gone I am looking for a Motul decal from those days as I run their oil, anyone ever see a decal or logo for the Hitachi SU?

I put a header and weber carb on 79 civic I had at the time. This would be in the early 80's. Hondas were being raced back then. I used "Road and Track" to find the parts sources. My parts came from a place in New England. The only name I remember is Jackson Racing, which is still around. I would go to a library and search out old Mags from that period. If you can't find the decals you might find pictures to make your own.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm 

8803 wrote:
go to a library and search out old Mags from that period. If you can't find the decals you might find pictures to make your own.

I did this. Was looking for Interpart decals and had no luck, so I found an old magazine ad, scanned their logo, and had a vinyl shop make me some. :tu:

And I would imagine the Hitachi decal, would just be their corporate logo?

I think just the circle bit on the left of that photo would make a cool decal...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]