#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 4M Emissions Delete and Carb Options
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am 

I have a 4M in my 73 Corona MarkII and it runs well with the stock carb. I would like to clean things up a bit and simplify the engine bay. I have found a little info on JNC on removing the emissions vacuum tubes and the "evap. emissions control device" box. What can be disconnected entirely and what needs to be capped/rerouted etc? I have heard that the dist. advance and brake booster is all that needs to remain. I don't need to pass any emissions standards anymore. My plan was to remove one at a time to make sure that it did not effect the car but any other info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, just curious, what carb settups have been done successfully to a 4M? I have a Weber that I may put in at one point but has anyone heard of adapting side drafts maybe? The engine has plenty of life left in it so I don't have a swap planned for the near future.

Post subject: Re: 4M Emissions Delete and Carb Options
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 pm 

I have a 1979 4M emissions manual for U.S. and Canada that's yours for the price of postage if you want it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 pm 

palatine wrote:
I have a 1979 4M emissions manual for U.S. and Canada that's yours for the price of postage if you want it.

That won't be the same emissions system, there are a few different pieces. However, I might be able to use it for my Cressida. PM sent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am 

^^ I was a little worried about that too. Lots of things changed in those 6 years. Hope you can use it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:53 am 

Yeah, just for an example, my system doesn't even have that box. I'm even somewhat worried that the 790 book won't be exactly right for my 78 since I believe all 79s were fuel injected and I'm running a carb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am 

I'm assuming you saw what jzcelica did to mine in his old thread, right? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13570

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 am 

Yep, I referenced that. Thought about asking him directly too. I know he removed it but just wanted to make sure there weren't complications since I will be keeping the stock carb for at least a little bit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 pm 

I think you should be fine so long as you, of course, plug the vacuum ports. I'm pretty sure he threw a weber on at the same time as his de-smog work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm 

Yeah, just for an example, my system doesn't even have that box. I'm even somewhat worried that the 790 book won't be exactly right for my 78 since I believe all 79s were fuel injected and I'm running a carb

True, that. Well, it's still yours if you like, and toydatto: I've also got a '76 all models emissions manual that's the same offer to you if you like. A few years closer anyway. I've got to thin down my parts boxes and I'd rather these get to someone who needs them on JNC. PM if interested.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]