#
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Look what I found ( 77 Celica GT )
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm 

Found this rare gem a couple of days ago and since then ive been scrambling to get the money together to go and pick her up.

Shes a 77 Celica GT lift back with 68,143 miles and she's 100% original.

She should be in my garage soon so here's some pics to get it started.

Post subject: Re: Look what I found ( 77 Celica GT )
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 am 

I went and saw this car in kissimmee yesterday morning when I got out of work, and it is not at all 100% original, its very clean on the outide, and on the interior, but you can see this was a bondo restoration, with little to no attention payed to actually stop or repair the rust damage, the hatch area has suffered some severe rust issues, as well as the C-Pillar (especially on the passenger side) and appears to have only been filled in with bondo rather than sanding the rust out of the car, and there is rust bubles in drivers fender, firewall area, and by the gas door, I removed the rear interior tailight panel, which had some form of drywall screws in it(not oem) and there was rust in the tailight area aswell, the undercarage looked clean either original or resprayed, and the exhaust was replaced, good looking car and probably worth the $ but it woujld need to be dissasembled and sand blasted to see what your really working with

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:31 am 

RA Driver wrote:
I went and saw this car in kissimmee yesterday morning when I got out of work, and it is not at all 100% original, its very clean on the outide, and on the interior, but you can see this was a bondo restoration, with little to no attention payed to actually stop or repair the rust damage, the hatch area has suffered some severe rust issues, as well as the C-Pillar (especially on the passenger side) and appears to have only been filled in with bondo rather than sanding the rust out of the car, and there is rust bubles in drivers fender, firewall area, and by the gas door, I removed the rear interior tailight panel, which had some form of drywall screws in it(not oem) and there was rust in the tailight area aswell, the undercarage looked clean either original or resprayed, and the exhaust was replaced, good looking car and probably worth the $ but it woujld need to be dissasembled and sand blasted to see what your really working with

I did notice the respray and the surface rust but its minimum bro the car is a 1977 and its in excellent condition the floors and trunk area are great the engine bay is clean and its a complete 77 GT model with 68K witch are super rare in this area plus the price is a damn steal.

Ill take care of the body and paint myself that's not a worry, didnt he say no to your RX7 trade so you also wanted the car? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 am 

If you have the time and money to fix the rust issues properly then buy it. I love my 76 LB, missing interior and all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 pm 

yella81celica wrote:
If you have the time and money to fix the rust issues properly then buy it. I love my 76 LB, missing interior and all.

There is no rust issues at all, the car is 97% rust free just 2 little bubbles by the gas tank cap other than that the car is in great condition.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 am 

I'm sorry my context was wrong, and perhaps it was a hint of jelousy that someone else got the car, make no mistake it was a good deal, I was trying to inform you of my findings, but perhaps my jelousy came through a bit, and yes I was the guy with the RX, and I would have traded, but the car isn't as prestine as it looks from a distance, the C pillar on the passenger side has got a fair amount of rust covered with bondo, and there is no way of knowing how much, you can se a place were it isn't even, and also if you follow the line around the hatch you can see were bondo was aplied and not smothed properly, congratulations on the purchase I hope you enjoy it as much as I would have, but I know there is a lot of body work to be done, you can also se once the hatch is lifted that in the area were the hatch lays, there is some oxidation, and some under the hood by the firewall, again I appologize for my tone, and I don't want to take anything from the previous owner, he was a cool dude, if your comfortable with it feel free to PM or Text me, and if you want I can show you the area's of concern that I had found, and maybe look the car over in greater detail, and maybe you can take me for a ride in it :) I'm also not trying to say that you don't know anything about rust, and or body work, like I said if you are comfortable with it.

'Appologies
Ron Nowlin'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 am 

Its all good bro.

I can fix everything myself for example: :mrgreen:

This was done in 3 weeks.

Last edited by Yellow_Feva on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 am 
Mild Cam

Holy cow! Where's the build thread for that thing?!

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

Camshaft wrote:
Holy cow! Where's the build thread for that thing?!

I never posted it here.

Here's a link.

http://corollacarclub.proboards.com/ind ... 187&page=1

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]