Hi guys. Sorry about the lack of updates, but progress has been a little slow so I wanted to make a large update when I had something to show you. We've made some progress lately, so today I snapped a lot of pictures and planned a proper update. However, my phone messed up and seems to have deleted all the images I took today. I know they were there, as I showed them to my mate, but when I went to copy them to my computer they were gone
Oh well, I have some from earlier this week, so they will have to do for now. I promise a better update next week as the first test drive is scheduled on monday (yay!).
The main reason progress has been a little slow is that we've been testing different front suspension and crossmember solutions. The first custom crossmember has been scrapped, and we are still not 100% happy with the current version. As I've probably mentioned before we have converted the car from steering box to a rack. We have also made custom front suspension arms and are aiming for a good amount of lock in case I decide to drift it (known to happen every now and then...). The difficult part has been to get the rack in the correct position. It's still a bit too far back, but we are working on it. So far we have 61° of steering angle without rubbing, but we are aiming for a bit more
Anyway, the car is basically drivable now, allthough we still have to finish everything and tidy it up a bit.
First of all I want to show you my new wheels and my front struts. Wheels are 7x14" SSR Longchamps. Not as agressive as the 9x15" Rota's, but a lot nicer. I might widen the rears a bit later. These will be my "drive fast" wheels, so I wrapped them in 185/60-14 Toyo R888's. No stretch, but still looks great in my eyes.Edit: Sorry about the thumbnails. Stupid 800px rule...
Here the struts are in place. Notice the custom brake caliper adapter. The calipers I use are from the SW20 MR2 and the discs are vented S13 items.
At the moment the car has Cusco lower arms and caster arms, but they are only borrowed while we make our own (not happy with the lock achieved with the custom stock arms). Lock is better now.
My mate likes to mark his parts in pink. Here's the custom throttle pedal and the steering column thingy (no idea what it's called).
Here's how it sits right now. We still haven't done the setup, so heights might be adjusted a little. We want it as low as possible without rubbing.
As a final bonus, here's my custom painted fuel catch tank. Looks awesome. Hand painted by my mate Kristoffer.
I'll bring a proper camera on monday and get some nicer pics of all the custom bits and pieces