#
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 74 mazda repu build
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 pm 

Camshaft wrote:
Why didn't you just find a B series of the same vintage and cut up one of those instead?

Because then it wouldn't have the bitchin' REPU flared fenders. :wink:

Love the truck! :tu: :mrgreen:

Note the differences in the fenders...

REPU:

Not REPU:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:24 pm 

john wrote:
Camshaft wrote:
Why didn't you just find a B series of the same vintage and cut up one of those instead?

Because then it wouldn't have the bitchin' REPU flared fenders. :wink:

Love the truck! :tu: :mrgreen:

AMEN BROTHER! i can fit 275's under there haha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am 

repuman74 wrote:
papsmagu wrote:
alhough i dont agree with the V8, i commend you with your efforts and keeping another REPU on the road. would be great to match that picture. i have the same one stored on my computer. i dont know how realistic it is but i am also trying to make my truck look like the sketch. good luck with the build, i will keep a close eye on this thread and copy you with the exception of the V8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wow a fellow repu owner awesome! any chance i can see your truck? and i know the proportions are off in the sketch but the overall stance and details are easily repeatable. i di some measurments and the rims in the sketch would be 18inch with a 35 sidewall which is hugggggeeeee! ill probably go with 16x10 in the rear with a 55 sidewall just because i dont want cracked rims lol. hope to see your truck and share tips, thanks for commenting.

Fronts are 17x8 ET 30 w/ 215/40 and rears are 17x9 ET 25 w/ 225/45. I have a ford 8.8 rear end in it, so the offsets may or may not work with your truck. I would have preferred the rears to stick out a bit further than they do but I was guessing when I bought my wheels . I may go with a 9.5 in the rear but not for now. Truck is sitting pretty high right now due to newly installed bushings, tie rod ends, etc etc…. If the suspension does not settle once I start driving it, I will lower it.

I agree with you, this truck should have 16-17” wheels max. I think 18’s are too big, but that is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 pm 

i love your truck, one of the cleanest repus ive seen so far, and the rims fit perfectly. i guess mine will have a little more muscle car flare to it than the sketch. my new favorite past time is crusing down the freeway at 65 waiting for an unsuspecting person to pull up next to me then dropping it into 2nd (3 speed) the side pipes make it sound like a monster truck xD i love having a sleeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 am 

repuman74 wrote:
i love your truck, one of the cleanest repus ive seen so far, and the rims fit perfectly. i guess mine will have a little more muscle car flare to it than the sketch. my new favorite past time is crusing down the freeway at 65 waiting for an unsuspecting person to pull up next to me then dropping it into 2nd (3 speed) the side pipes make it sound like a monster truck xD i love having a sleeper

thanks, post some pics of that side exhaust here! we want to see :P :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 am 

as requested here are some pics of the side oultlet exhaust

and from the front, because of clearance issues we had to have them wrap around the K member but i still have about 7 inches of clearance so i just need to keep it on the road haha.

and here you can just see the pips tip peeking out, soon i will have a larger non polished tip to extend it out a few more inches.

i cant even express in words hopw amazing this thing sounds at 5,000 rpm no video ive taken does it justice. you'll have to see it in person haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:52 am 

Location: Tucsan AZ / Davis-Monthan AFB / St.Croix Virgin Islands
Amazing truck man, congrats on the everything working out your way. For me I've always loved the Repu right next to my Cosmo. I think I remember doing your intro pic's. The sketch of the blue Repu reminds me of a Rat Rod Japanese Repu which is a good concept.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:28 am 

thanks for the pics, i forgot you weren't rotary :oops: that thing must be loud! i just got mine back and its too loud or i am too old, most likely the latter. looking good brother.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm 

papsmagu wrote:
thanks for the pics, i forgot you weren't rotary :oops: that thing must be loud! i just got mine back and its too loud or i am too old, most likely the latter. looking good brother.

haha yeah it doesnt give away the V8 being under the hood and yes very loud, especialy at speed. have you taken any videos of your truck?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 am 

repuman74 wrote:
papsmagu wrote:

haha yeah it doesnt give away the V8 being under the hood and yes very loud, especialy at speed. have you taken any videos of your truck?

no vids of truck but if the new mufflers don't make it quiet enough for my old ass, i will add another two more mufflers to the system and come out the side just past the rear tire.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm 

Too bad I don't live closer to you... I want to try my hand at rebuilding a blown 13b and drop it in my B1600 (that is if you still had that blown motor laying around). I love your truck. Looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm 

El_Cochino wrote:
Too bad I don't live closer to you... I want to try my hand at rebuilding a blown 13b and drop it in my B1600 (that is if you still had that blown motor laying around). I love your truck. Looks great.

sadly i dont have the motor anymore it was sent to rotary heaven, a local metal sculpter wanted it. and thank you, its been a while since ive posted anything new just havent had time but soon there will be big changes.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2