#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1973 Toyota Corona MarkII Wagon MX29
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm 

The yellow lights are actually stock high beams sprayed with Krylon stained glass paint in yellow. Took 3 coats as it is transparent and builds up with each coat. Don't know if you have Micheal's Craft store where you are but that's where I got it.

Just found a picture of your blue wagon with the Rotas. I love it and I'm glad to see it went to a good home. I was talking to jzcelica about it for a little bit before I found mine. I couldn't stand to drive mine with stock wheels very long either but I do like your wide whites as a back up.

And thanks for the kind words on the Depth of Speed video. I was honored to have had the opportunity. I wish I had had the Mark II then also.

I should update a little. So I cleaned up the front end. Took off the large over riders. Compared the 2 sets of emblems and grilles that I have and cleaned up the ones I wanted. Threw in the yellow lights too.

Had to cut the bumper brackets as they extend into the back of the over riders.

And threw on an old Yakima rack I've had since '88 (I know, not the right era). I'm actually glad this car did not have a rack so the bike rack is not competing with a factory one. I want to find an era correct old school bike rack for it eventually.

I've really been enjoying this car and have been using it daily. Here's a cell phone pic of the water heater I loaded into it last week with room to spare. :D

More to come... Just did the front brakes this past weekend and have started to clean up the interior a little more. My goal is to take some good pictures of the parts car and inventory it and have it posted in the parts section by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 pm 

Thanks for the tip on the headlights, might have to do that.

Car's looking great. Let's be best friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm 

BeanBone wrote:
Let's be best friends!

:mrgreen: :tu: Wish we were closer. There's definitely not many of us Mark II owners out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 am 

nice wagon bro! looks good with this rims!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 pm 

thats sik man those wheels go nicely with that car especially the yellow high beam's

82 yota te72 wago daily- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21317 -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 am 

So I'm going through the parts car, taking pictures and getting and overview of what's available. I was going to post it asking for reasonable offers on items, buyer pays shipping. Then I read that items in the for sale section need a price. I guess I need to go through and determine a price on things but in the meantime, I will post some pictures here. If there is something you need, just ask. As I've said before I am more concerned with seeing as many parts as possible be saved before scrapping. There are not many of us MarkII owners out there so I'm sure I will get to know all of you pretty well. I will also sell the entire shell if desired. The right person could repair it or turn it into a really unique drift car.

I plan to keep the extra windshield unless the entire car is desired. Anything spoken for earlier though PMs will be honored.

Here are a few more things I have learned about it: It's a factory 4 speed manual model with air conditioning and power steering. All the parts for the A/C and power steering seem to be complete. The 4M engine (no trans) turns over easily by hand. The car it came from ran when parked in 1992. Other than some surface rust near the drain holes the car is entirely rust free and very straight except for the, you know, quarter panel and frame damage. Even most of the rubber is in pretty good shape.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 am 

PM sent!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 pm 

The dash pad itself is in two pieces split over the glove box. Previous owner tried to fix with black substance but that cracked as well. I am undecided on the roof rack but leaning toward getting rid of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm 

toydatto wrote:
The yellow lights are actually stock high beams sprayed with Krylon stained glass paint in yellow. Took 3 coats as it is transparent and builds up with each coat. Don't know if you have Micheal's Craft store where you are but that's where I got it.

thats exactly what i used on my corona and two accords i owned previously. it works great. but i usually just do two coats i like mine to be transparent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am 

I would be interested in the front cross member if its not already spoken for. Let me know. Good luck with your part out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 am 

I need to come check out this wagon! Looks good on pics but im sure it looks better in person!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 am 

I am still going through the parts and deciding what to keep and what to unload. I am very close to starting a for sale thread with the stuff that I have decided on. I will post here when I do. I know I have some extra keys and locks but I will have to see what fits what.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am 

if I were you, I'd keep all of the glass that isn't spoken for. from personal experience - if you lose a window somehow you will be waiting months and spending tons to replace it.

there's another member on here with a yellow mx29 that could use your straight driver side quarter panel:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19100&view=next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 am 

I would love to sawzall usable panels off of it for you. :) And yes, I'm reconsidering spare parts and how much space I need to store them all just in case. I'm already planning to crate the front windshield. I appreciate the advice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 am 

I've had several PMs about parts and I've kept them all. Thanks for your interest and patience. I'm still deciding what I want to part with and what I want to store for future needs. If I only had a crystal ball to see what I would need in the future. :) I do have a pretty good list of what I'm parting with so far, I just need to compile it and post it.

I've taken a good amount of items off of the parts car. The other day I went out to find the left front tire had a blow out. It had had enough apparently.

On to the running car's updates. I've been whittling away at my to do list on the car. Did the front brakes a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference.

Scored some unused Monroe air shocks from a friend that fit perfectly. Stiffened up the rear and lets me carry heavier loads.

Its nice having an extra car laying around. I changed a couple rusty door handles out with clean ones.

Finally got my front plate mounted. I didn't want to use the large factory mount so I bent up these little brackets to convert the Japanese spacing to American.

I've been cleaning up the interior. I have all the good door panels now and they cleaned up quite nicely. Inside of the doors are in great shape too.

The headliner is nearly perfect.

Removed the back seat and cleaned up a little surface rust. Cleaned up the seat belts and put them back in.

The next step is to put the dash back together, clean up the wiring and restore the center console. Then the interior will be done for now, except for front seat re covering.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:06 pm 

:tu: She's looking good, man!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:28 pm 

Looking good... keep up the progress. Let me know when you decide as far as parts you are getting rid of.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm 

looking awesome. can i get a PN# on those monroe shocks?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:42 pm 

That part number should be MA812...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 pm 

I should have a reason to be under there in the next few days. I will double check. I've thrown the box away but that's what it looks like in the picture.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next