#
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 72' TE28 restoration and repowered
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 pm 
Wow, almost 3 years since the last update! :shock: :lol: Still have it and finally got to the head of the line, at least for a while. :lol: So, about a month and a half ago I drug the car out of the garage and took it to my new shop. (*shameless plug* JCARS ) Figured I would be a little more motivated to work on it with some elbow room. (and not covering my garage and the cars in it in a layer of dust!) So anyway, I have been plugging away on getting the bodywork done and prepped for paint. Managed to get all the patches in the previous post welded in. Spent way too much time bodyworking the dents and dealing with oilcans all over the place :x , but have it pretty much licked. Here is what is done so far,

Front fenders. Had to do some patches in the bottom to fix so rust. Not too bad though

Drivers door. All I have to say on this is it was a nightmare!

And the roof. This ranked pretty close to the drivers door. Ended up adding another support bar to help stiffen the sheet metal.

The quarters and front valence are in the final blockout stage, the hatch and pass door are bodyworked and ready for initial high build application. Hopefully by the end of next weekend, those are 100%. Still need to sandblast the hood and get that in 2k primer, then do any necessary bodywork. After that, I have a small section on the lower windshield that needs cancer sugery along with a couple small sections on the lower rockers just in front of the rear wheels. May be able to get that done with a little luck. Next would be to yank the engine/trans and sandblast the engine compartment then paint! Maybe another 3 years and she'll be ready. :roll:

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 pm 
Some more progress pics.

Some pics of the rocker and rear floor patches welded in. The insides of the rocker area were treated with some high zinc primer.

Both quarter panels, passenger door, and hatch final blocked.

Had to fix some rust at the bottom of the windshield frame. First 2 pics were simply welded and ground down. In the other pics, the rust was pretty bad, so I had to cut it out, fab patch pieces, and weld them in. Just needs a little filler to smooth it out.

Now to fix the last of the rust on the lower quarters, block out the valence, and bodywork the hood. The light is getting brighter. :lol:

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 am 

nice to see another 3 door wagon! Great work so far!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2