#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: All Toyota Winterfest, Sunday June 24 2012 - Melbourne, Aust
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:31 pm 

TCCAV proudly presents our first annual All Toyota Winterfest car show , bringing together Toyota and Lexus enthusiasts of all generations.

No age restrictions, no judging criteria, just a great collection of cars parked up on the grass at Caribbean Gardens for fellow car enthusiasts to enjoy.

Date: Sunday 24th June 2012
Venue: Caribbean Gardens & Market, 1280 Ferntree Gully Road, Scoresby, Victoria
Show Hours: 9am-1pm Gardens
Gardens Entry: $2.50 Adults, $1.00 Kids under 13
Display Car Entry: Gold Coin Donation for Charity (pay it to a TCCAV volunteer, not the front gate)

Highlights
* Swap meet - bring your Toyota related spares out and trade while you are on display
* No vehicle age restrictions
* Dedicated parking area on the grass
* Plenty of BBQ facilities for a picnic in the park
* Heaps of attractions and shopping to keep the whole family entertained

For more information contact me through here or email adamlaws1974@bigpond.com or 0413 001 666

Lets hope the sun is out, and we have a great day admiring Toyotas of all makes and models!

Flyer below

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

Post subject: Re: All Toyota Winterfest, Sunday June 24 2012 - Melbourne,
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 pm 

Not sure any one is paying any attention to me in here, but I will post in case you are!

10 days to go until Winterfest!

Don't forget we are also incorporating a swap meet into the day. Bring along any parts you think your fellow enthusiasts might be interested in, bang a sign on them next to your car, and you might go home with more money than what you started the day with.

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 pm 

Given the weather reports, I thought we better confirm that the event is definitely on, rain, hail or hope against hope, shine!

Wear your thermals, bring an umbrella, and come along for a morning of winter weather jokes!

This is a map of where we will be setting up. Basically along the roadway inside the red circle, and enter from the direction of the red arrow.

We look forward to seeing most of you Sunday - and don't forget, rain makes dull paint look shiny!!

Adam Laws
TCCAV
0413 001 666

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:09 am 

And we were worried about the weather?! What a day! Thank you to every one who came along.

I thought we might get 50 cars based on the weather, but we had that by about 9.10am! Our count topped out some where between 110 and 120, depending on who left when. A sensational effort!

Thanks to all the people that helped direct traffic and rattle the charity tins. Also thanks to Shannons, Caribbean Gardens, Meguiars and the gents who snuck a couple of 86's out the back door at Toyota for us!

With so many cars, it was hard to pick favourites, but here is a few.

Rest of the photos are here -

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws1974/AllToyotaWinterfest2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Sorry some are soft focus.. my camera clearly didn't appreciate being dropped last event....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm 

Wow.
Just looked through the pics and saw my mates RA23. (The one with the flares guard mirrors and ridiculous large wheels).

Although he has had the car for years he is pretty new to the car club scene and after some encouragement and a little money both of us have created this work in progress. This is the first show its been in.
He was worried that people would laugh at him because it's a bit rough and unfinished. I told him nobody cares just get it out here and enjoy the car. And rough is a style. At least its being used. Almost looks angrier with rust, dents and a bit of primer here and there. Battle scares I call them.

The JDM scene in Melb is growing fast and I think its great. Even though I am a Mazda guy and we are always massively under represented at these things.
All the people are great. All car people that want no trouble (no dick heads) and just want to enjoy their cars and accept other peoples choices, styles and tastes.

Bring on more events like this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:13 pm 

Cheers rxfury - your friend's Celica was one of the cars of the show for me. Sure its a bit beate, but clearly its loved and driven... what more could you want!

Hopefully we see you at Classic Japan in November with your Mazda :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]