#
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkillawasps, new dif going in
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 am 

:lol: Enjoy the travels, looks like your having a blast! normally it would be sad to see such a cool car hiding under blankets but in this case its gotta be exciting knowing what you have waiting for you when you get home!

I look forward to seeing more of your car in a few months time, its definately one of my favourite cars! :tu:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 am 

Cheers travels are going ace, been 4 months now I bought a motorhome 2 months ago, it's pretty cool gets me anywhere I want and was cheap 2kaud with reg, so I'll be in the van for a few months still. Thanks for kind words in regards to the car, I definatly miss driving it around , and have been watching your build like a hawk! My next project car will be a flat nose 808 wagon in orange or brown body paint done by me and a 12a down the track, will be a weekend picnic/surf rig/ parts getter.
My van

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:45 am 

Looks like you are having a great time!!

Keep the pics coming

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 am 

was in Melbourne for 3 weeks in april for family doo,

got the covers off the car and took her for a spin, long story short - water seals :cry:

I had a feeling they were on the way out last drive, but still upsetting when its confirmed. oh well..

because I had quite some time to myself during the days I decided to take the engine out and strip it down, this confirmed the issues. engine was stored correctly and car was shipped to a family friends in norf Qld for some future work not engine related :wink:

I made this video of taking the engine out, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYyrobxST9o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:02 am 

Future Plans? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 pm 

will be major suspension and pos chassis work, all improvments not any of that tubbing or drag crap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 am 

Nice edit on the engine removal. Look forward to seeing your progress in future.

Improvements are always a good thing! :tu:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:33 am 

It's been about a year... Any updates? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:27 pm 

beans161 wrote:
It's been about a year... Any updates? 8)

your right, it has been about a year since I've done any updates, time fly's when your having fun!

im still in London, working long days and traveling EU when I can. still unsure when I will return but there's still plenty of things going on in my life Mazda RElated, 8) unfortunately for the mrs, she thought when I left the car in aus that id be done with mazdas and cars for a while - wasn't the case :lol:

ill try add as much info as I can, will all be scattered and miss matched and outdated but you will get the idea non the less..

BUZZ3N the Coupe'

as stated previously, the 12at did the waterseals wah :lol:, they were most likely was on the way out when I bought the engine, but was a fun build and I enjoy the build process more so than actually driving the cars funnily enough, its another form of art customising cars and you can express yourself however you see fit. anyhow

the 12at wont be going back in that will be for something else one day, ive recently bought another Jport over here, so whenever I return that will be the motor for the coupe, turbos fun but theres no point having all this power in aus, cant do more than 100ks, you speed your seen to be worse than a serial killer or a child rapeist and the most important thing, aus just doesn't want you to have fun lol might as well be a communist country.

RatUte

mazdas are getting extremely overpriced for what they are in aus, jacked up prices,cool factor whatever, id love to do a completely stock 10a twin diz rx3 coupe or sedan one day but with prices etc it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, so I got thinking what else id like outta a mazda... ive got the slick paint don't scratch me, allergic to water coupe, so i want a get in and drive with zero cares about scratches dints etc car - so along came Mo's Mule to the shed, Mazda 800 ute. plans are simple, make it run sweet (poss extendport 12a) lowered, drive. enjoy.

I still havn't seen it in person, brother reckons its the coolest POS hes ever seen :lol:

RIMAGE

there were 3 things I wanted to do when moving to the UK, one of them things were build a set of BBS RS's for the coupe to bring home with me, I wont add the whole build as its long and everyones seen a BBS build before so all ill say is there 15" and refurbed including new outer lips and bolts

TANGS4LYF

so id built some killer rims, they sat in my sharehouse bedroom for a while, and a mate made light of a S1 rx7 forsale, rebuilt extendport 12a with ida, some roof and fender damage 400Quid....

I couldn't help myself, at that price it was worth it in aussie dollors for just the IDA and manifold alone, not to mention a rebuilt 12a with less that 5000miles!

roof was fucked.. had a mini minor sitting on top of it..

so I fixed the roof.. gypsy would be proud haha
picked up some FC vert seats for 40 quid

about 3hrs later, rims on, guards flared and springs chopped. she was ready 8)

sadly she failed MOT/roady due to some dodgey chassis rail repairs buy previous owner which was upsetting to say the least but my mate gave me his spare s2 shell that was known to be a solid car and ready to rock.
so out came the interior runninggear etc of the s1 and the lot went into the doner s2 and I was tangin again in the UK woop woop!

how Nev started life,

and my Reincarnation
me in some action shots :lol:
machining hubs
getting lows 8)
last years Retro Rides Gathering

ILOVELAMP

last but not least, I made a lamp outta some spares id gathered, pretty confident its the only one in known existence so should be worth a few bob :lol:

mrs wasn't thrilled when she first seen it but has its still there which is probs cos its heavy haha

that's about it really, obviously there more that's happened in the last year/2 but memory is a little hazy, crap food and copious amount of pints does that to ya :lol:

Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:23 am 

Currently on a 2hr train ride to pick the rx7 up and go to local meet, beers and camping will add photos of the trip once sober and home, but while I'm here ill add one last thing, that is and I've no doubt will be The best bux part I've ever been on and will no dout ever be apart of, sadly that includes mine shall I get married in the future too! :lol:

#run2thering

So a good friend of mine (who gave me the gold s2) decided to get married, now the general idea for English bux's party's or stag do's as the put it is, a group of blokes fly to some Spainish island, Amsterdam etc and get trollied for the weekend, sounds rad but he's a car bloke so wanted to do something a little different.

10 blokes put there hand up to going and partaking in the event

Teams of 2 - that's 5 teams for the slow lol

Each team had a budget of 500 pounds to go out and buy a car that had a current TAX & MOT (roady)

And on the 3rd July we set off on our trek.
Gillingham Dorset, England to the one and only Nürburgring, Germany.

Noone new what anyone else bought untill the meet Thursday morning which was suspencfull to say the least, only because its utterly amazing what you can buy for 500 quid over here!

Cars bought were

Audi a8 - £500 - groom
Mk3 gti golf - £400 - me
Scooby wrx - £400 - dead gearbox - 100 replacement
Lexus ls400 - £430 - with 125 shot of nos
Volvo v70t - 450 - blew the bottom end night before leaving and replaced it thirs morning with a
Citron saxo desire :lol: - £320

All cars got there and back in one piece, there was some accidental driving into one another :lol: but thy all made it, over a 1000 miles round trip and we all raced the ring, which ill say will be a memory ill never forget. I was utterly shittingmyself apon driving onto the track
1- because I don't no what's around each bend, so many cambered corners and hills dips etc I did hit one hill at 100mph that which had us in a weightlessness power slide towards the curb :lol:
2- there's alot of fast cars out actually racing
3- it's extremely expensive if you crash...

It Wasnt all driving, we camped and hotel'd along the way
Start- Gillingham
Folkstone/Dover- camp
Euro tunnel
Cologne - hotel
Nürburgring town - hotel
Brugge - hotel
Fairy
Gillingham - end

Any way a few pics of the cars, but if you have Instagram there's loads. All cars were texta written #run2thering so photos could be easily viewed or added by random people passing by

I'm drinking beer here done my leg of te drive :lol: only issue is on the second carousel around the ring I absolutely smashed the FLHS wheel bearing

No groom pic he was taking pics. But sus the Instagram if u want a looksee

Hope you enjoyed.

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:05 am 

That sounds epic! Mad jelly of a chance to drive the ring! Top work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:22 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

one of the biggest car sluts in Melbourne. I see someone took the grille at some stage, from my memory it's had about 5 owners since 2008?

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:31 am 

your right, she is a bit of a slut it seems :lol: I land in the next 7 days so ill finally get a decent look at the car and work out a plan of attack.. since living here ive grown to really like and long for a s1 rx7 so if I don't like the ute, ill move it on and try find me a s1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:04 pm 

Buzz3n wrote:
your right, she is a bit of a slut it seems :lol: I land in the next 7 days so ill finally get a decent look at the car and work out a plan of attack.. since living here ive grown to really like and long for a s1 rx7 so if I don't like the ute, ill move it on and try find me a s1

Nice!! What's the new diff etc? You moved back finally 8)

Nice ute but personally I'm voting for the s1 rx7 it's a car I would gladly park in my garage. :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4