#
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: JNC Magazine
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:58 pm 

Soooooo....I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here.

I ordered the JNC magazine way back when in Dec 2010. I received one issue. I've emailed, emailed, email, called, nada.

I want my money back.

Advice?

Post subject: Re: JNC Magazine
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:00 pm 

Baz wrote:
I would also like to know what is the status of this magazine. If there will not be any new issues I would also like to have my money back.

I'm getting the feeling there won't be. There's doesn't seem to be anything on the website anymore about it. I paid for four issues, got one. It was almost $40. It was an awesome magazine, but not $40 per issue awesome. This is BS, dishonest, and bad business.

I can't find any contact info on this site. Email and phone listed on paypal leads to nothing. I'm going to bump this til I see green.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:18 pm 

Yeah, looks like the subscription is no longer listed in the store. Hmm, I knew the issues would be delayed for quite a while, but I was hoping they'd show up eventually.

So is the magazine on hiatus or just cancelled? What happens to subscription holders?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 am 

Business-problems are normal, you can´t blame someone. But it´s just very unprofessional when you don´t inform your customers about nothing! Just being quiet is not the way to go.

JNC-staff, tell us what´s going on. Don´t make it a mystery.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 pm 

I agree. I was hoping to subscribe myself but it appears I am too late. I do understand how difficult it is to make a magazine and how much it costs, but there should be some sort of an update, especially for current subscription holders....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Heck, can I least get back issues? I am starting to wear out the first four... need to get a fix some how.
Would it be possible to add a subscriber forum where we could access new material? It would only be open to subscribers and feature updated content and event coverage. If you print any new issues, you could include a password good for a month somewhere in the issue. That way, newstand subscribers would be able to access the same media. Might help quench out thirst for new stuff and cut back on the overhead a bit.
Working in the media myself, I have to give it to you guys. This is a most trying time for media of any form. Newspapers and magazines are the hardest hit right now. Our local paper is down to a skeleton staff and just sold their building. I know one of the papers in New Orleans just moved to three days a week instead of seven.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 am 
Mild Cam

I recall reading somewhere that the forum staff and the magazine staff are really two separate entities...that may explain the lack of a response.

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 pm 

Yes I believe that's true. There was mention of putting the magazine online or through email under a subscription to save on the printing costs. Don't know what has come of it though...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm 

Camshaft wrote:
I recall reading somewhere that the forum staff and the magazine staff are really two separate entities...that may explain the lack of a response.

This.

I'll bring it to their attention, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 am 

For all members who are eager to get their hands on the next issue of Japanese Nostalgic Car Magazine (or have a query about the status of their order or subscription) please refer to the recent update in the FAQ topic in Forum Rules -

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11641

matt wrote:
Where is my order?
Please email us at shop at JapaneseNostalgicCar dot com if you are checking on an order. They can take up to 3-4 weeks for delivery, even longer for international shipping.

What's the status of JNC Magazine?
We are still proceeding with JNC magazine, albeit in a slightly different format. We are no longer taking subscriptions, but we are aiming for a yearly special if we can raise the $14,000 needed to print (we are pretty close). Since the economic downturn companies have been pulling back from print advertising so we are making up the cost by shirts and decals. We still have all the records of subscribrs on file, so anyone who is owed subscriptions will get it as part of their package. The rest can buy it as a single volume. If you would like to inquire about your status please email shop at JapaneseNostalgicCar dot com.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]