#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 71 of 81   [ 1608 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:54 am 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
Well the first step has been taken....after quite a few months of hibernation, the Hako has been promoted from being at the back of the garage, to the front, and has been given a well deserved wash :lol:
Image

There's a few things I need to get started on, so the updates should start in the next couple of days :) Feels good to be back behind the wheel again, after a few months away, all the L-power still comes as a bit of a shock, which is a good thing :)

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:26 pm 

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Queensland Australia
kev wrote:
Well the first step has been taken....after quite a few months of hibernation, the Hako has been promoted from being at the back of the garage, to the front, and has been given a well deserved wash :lol:
Image

There's a few things I need to get started on, so the updates should start in the next couple of days :) Feels good to be back behind the wheel again, after a few months away, all the L-power still comes as a bit of a shock, which is a good thing :)

Yay!!!! an update should be soon, right Kev?
dchil15

_________________
Dchil
Car(s): Nope.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
Well...as a matter of fact...at 10pm last night I had the bonnet open, parts laid out on the bench, a spanner in my hand, and then thought...

"Nah, I might drive it to work tomorrow, I won't take it apart right now" :lol:

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:37 pm 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 692
Location: Magna, UT
kev wrote:
"Nah, I might drive it to work tomorrow, I won't take it apart right now" :lol:


That is a damn good reason to not install goodies...................yet!

_________________
Money Pits:
- 1980 Corolla Hatchback - Power project
- 1988 Celica Alltrac - Snow fun project


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 164
Location: Elbow deep in grease, in a garage somewhere in Sydney
kev wrote:
...and then thought...

"Nah, I might drive it to work tomorrow, I won't take it apart right now" :lol:


I hope you didn't, I think a boat would have been more suitable today :?

_________________
MINE: 1977 Datsun 260Z 2+2 daily driver (read: rolling project)
HERS: 1975 Mitsubishi Galant A112H Hardtop coupe with 4G63 DOHC conversion now complete! Check out the build here!
THE OLD MAN'S Datsun 2000 Sports (SR311)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
If anyone hasn't got their hands on a copy of the March Super Street, the full article is on their website now: http://www.superstreetonline.com/featur ... ewall.html

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:14 am 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
My mate Mark at HoonTV has released another vid on the Hako :)

http://youtu.be/dHMopPDvNoU

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 am
Posts: 30
Location: Japan
kev wrote:
My mate Mark at HoonTV has released another vid on the Hako :)

http://youtu.be/dHMopPDvNoU


It wasn't asked for but I made a response video. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNS7Vv1wA2Y

_________________
Car-spotting in Japan
https://www.youtube.com/user/wasabicars
http://wasabicars.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:08 am 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
wasabicars wrote:
kev wrote:
My mate Mark at HoonTV has released another vid on the Hako :)

http://youtu.be/dHMopPDvNoU


It wasn't asked for but I made a response video. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNS7Vv1wA2Y

Thanks for the response mate (you didn't have to go to so much trouble :D)!

The whole Prince thing is something I find really quite fascinating. By the time the C10 came out, Prince was a defunct company, but the "Prince Skyline" brand had so much momentum, that Skyline fans kept the flame alive for ages. Even as recently as the early 80s, you could still spot Prince references on the Skyline race cars (PDC means Prince Dealers Club). And the Nissan Prince Tokyo dealership is still alive and well.
Image

But then the Zed car racers had their own thing, SCCN, which I think means Sports Car Club Nissan.
Image

I find it fascinating that there would be this fierce internal rivalry within Nissan itself, between its Skyline and Fairlady Z teams. And I'm sure that rivalry spilled over into a divide between the Skyline and the Zed race fans, too.

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 am
Posts: 30
Location: Japan
kev wrote:
wasabicars wrote:
kev wrote:
My mate Mark at HoonTV has released another vid on the Hako :)

http://youtu.be/dHMopPDvNoU


It wasn't asked for but I made a response video. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNS7Vv1wA2Y

Thanks for the response mate (you didn't have to go to so much trouble :D)!

It was my pleasure. J-cars are something I'm just learning about. I'm really enjoying car-spotting & learning about them.

I'd love for your buddy to approve that response video. I get the impression he's not so much into interaction with people who watch his videos...

Finally, thanks for the extra info & pics. Great stuff!

_________________
Car-spotting in Japan
https://www.youtube.com/user/wasabicars
http://wasabicars.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
I'll talk to Mark about approving the response vid (he was prolly asleep when you posted it) :D

BTW I found an interesting nugget of info when I was looking up the PDC sticker on the R30 Silhouette. Google Translate can be a bit funky when it comes to Japanese, but I'm pretty sure I found a couple of references which said that the Nissan PDC sticker was a campaign to "Get Skyline Back To The Circuit".

Fans would buy the PDC stickers (which are available as repro now) for Y1000, and the cashola went into a fund to buy a new engine for the race team (or something). I'll look into it some more, but if anyone has any intel, please do share :)

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:37 am
Posts: 568
Location: SoCal
Alan will know... ;)

_________________
1968/9 Nissan Patrol + 1970 Nissan Skyline GT + 1973 Datsun 240Z + 1974 VW Karmann Ghia + 1998 Toyota LandCruiser + 2006 MINI Cooper S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
*kev goes up to roof of building, fires up bat-signal*

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 164
Location: Elbow deep in grease, in a garage somewhere in Sydney
Image

Got bored, but not bored enough to learn to photoshop properly :lol:

_________________
MINE: 1977 Datsun 260Z 2+2 daily driver (read: rolling project)
HERS: 1975 Mitsubishi Galant A112H Hardtop coupe with 4G63 DOHC conversion now complete! Check out the build here!
THE OLD MAN'S Datsun 2000 Sports (SR311)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:06 am
Posts: 203
Location: London, England, UK.
kev wrote:
BTW I found an interesting nugget of info when I was looking up the PDC sticker on the R30 Silhouette. Google Translate can be a bit funky when it comes to Japanese, but I'm pretty sure I found a couple of references which said that the Nissan PDC sticker was a campaign to "Get Skyline Back To The Circuit".

Fans would buy the PDC stickers (which are available as repro now) for Y1000, and the cashola went into a fund to buy a new engine for the race team (or something). I'll look into it some more, but if anyone has any intel, please do share :)


I think you've got the gist of it there, Kev.

Basically, some of the motorsports-minded dealerships were lobbying the factory about getting more involved in racing the Skyline again. At the time, Nissan was still being quite reticent about this. They'd been concentrating on racing smaller - economy - models since the 'Oil Shock' hit, and this was the fallout, and indeed the sportiest of the R30 range wasn't exactly the most glamorous of Skylines for them to sell in comparison to the glories of past series. The dealers wanted a new homologation special to sell, and a new works Skyline race campaign for their sales to bask in the reflected glory of. The upshot was the R31 GTS-R homologation model, and - ultimately - the BNR32.

The Nissan PDC campaign carried on, and morphed into the 'PAss' campaign ( 'Prince Autosport dealers SponsorShip' ) which backed the works R32 GT-Rs that were entered for the 24hrs of Spa Francorchamps, and which did so well. Funny to think that it was the dealers, organising the general public at grass roots level, which succeeded in helping to bring the Skyline back to the track in works guise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:28 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks Alan!

So was the PDC campaign mainly like a petition, or did the funds raised by the sticker sales go to a particular purpose?


(But there you go, R30 owners....you have no excuse not to have a PDC sticker on your car) :D

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 787
Location: Melbourne, Australia
tj75gc wrote:
Image

Got bored, but not bored enough to learn to photoshop properly :lol:


manclapping.gif

So why did the Sunny/Pulsar of the 90's suddenly pop up with Prince badging?

_________________
occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: Sydney, Australia
ewokracing wrote:
So why did the Sunny/Pulsar of the 90's suddenly pop up with Prince badging?

It did?

_________________
datsunfreak wrote:
No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:12 am
Posts: 177
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
The GTi-R had a 'p' badge but believe it just stands for 'Pulsar'..
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JNC Project Hakosuka Build Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 am
Posts: 645
Location: New South Wales, Australia
This is the service book from my HR31

Image

_________________
This space intentionally left blank.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 71 of 81   [ 1608 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net