#
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 pm 

I'm a 21-year-old Toyota enthusiast currently living in Colorado. Hoping to one day have a car worthy of my unused JNC inkans

I've always felt that older cars (From any region) have real personality that current offerings really seem to lack, or at least hide away. It's easy to develop a relationship of sorts with an older car, because they reward you for taking care of them, treating them right, and respecting their limits (Sometimes, but I accept that sometimes old cars just break regardless, but that in itself adds to the charm if you have another way to get to work). Now it seems that the car doesn't care at all how you behave, since its nanny electronics will just do what they want regardless of your input, which is good for the guy who's just not great at driving, and for laptimes (Maybe), but isn't so good when you're treating the car like family and it's just disobeying you and acting like it knows best. Then again I guess sometimes family members ignore your advice and totally do whatever they want, so maybe I'm just looking at things the wrong way... Nevertheless, I'll always prefer classics.

My first car was a 1985 Mazda 626 saloon, with a 5-speed. It was blue. I learnt to drive standard in that car, and since I had to park it facing up a hill every day (An observation, not a complaint. Standard driving is incredibly easy), I got the hang of it really quickly. The car could barely do 60, had a badly done paintjob to cover up rust, and it had the classic mid-'80s jdm two-tone on the door panels, only it was skateboard grip tape and it was only on the passenger side. But I loved it just the same, and I do miss it now that I've sold it. It treated me well, never gave me any attitude (Except if it was cold that morning), and was fun to drive on roads limited to below 55

Despite the Mazda, my dream JNC is actually an Iron Pig Land Cruiser. I don't know why, since I'm not really an off-roading enthusiast, but there's something about the Pig that's always appealed to me. I'm also interested in racing cars from the mid '90s (Not nostalgic yet, but I was a little kid in the mid '90s so I look back on that time with nostalgia), and am a big fan of the Toyota GT-One and Nissan R390 GT1 especially. I also loved the Celica ST205 WRC car, even if they definitely cheated that year. I'm rambling now so I'm going to stop writing.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:21 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Welcome to JNC. Old school is the way to go. There are plenty of JNC's that could use some love. Best of luck on your hunt for a good car.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm 

Welcome to the forums!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm 

Thanks for the welcome.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]