#
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: dirtyleppas C31 medalist turbo laurel
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:57 pm 

well, my original C31 laurel was looking a little sad and forgotten for ages. it was going to cost a heap to get it all back on the road legally. for the last 6 months i had been collecting parts to do just that when my dream laurel turned up for sale at a price i couldnt resist. thanks to a mate, 6 hours later, it was mine. SCORE

here are some pics

it has had some subaru legacy seats fitted up front which are nice and supportive, kinda wish it still had the plush factory ones though. being a medalist it has all the bells and whistles like telescopic and tilt adjustable steering wheel, full electrics incl the mirrors, IRS rear end, full disc brakes all round, 2L SOHC efi turbo 6cyl engine and 5 speed manual.

this one has a turbo off an RB25det engine, aftermarket split dump pipe and a full 2.5" exhaust, intercooler and genuine Greddy BOV. also has some adjustable coil overs in the rear

plans for it are to get it running, as it barely turns over at the moment, fit some wheel spacers and my 17x8 rims. also plan to fit an LSD centre to the diff and adjustable coil overs to the front.

other than that, really just wanna enjoy driving my car again and hanging with my mates on cruises

let me know what you think and ill keep you guys updated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 am 

wow...never seen that one in Indonesia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:19 pm 

Good stuff lepps, glad it's gone to someone who will cherish it this time. Was a pretty well looked after and special car for ages and the lat few owners seem to have let it slide a little. I'm sure you'll bring it back to it's glory days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 pm 

thanx man. have been dreaming of the day i can finally drive it again. and now its just about there, im so happy. ill chuck up something on OS when i get some spare time.

at the moment, it just needs a few small repairs, then it will get its new shoes, and be driven heaps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:23 am 

unique! i think with a bit of TLC, nice wheels and suspension it will look really nice! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:05 am 

szymonsta wrote:
unique! i think with a bit of TLC, nice wheels and suspension it will look really nice! :)

thanx. have most of that sorted, just need to get it running 100% then will fit the wheels and post up some pics

had a go at trying to find why it was back firing through the inlet and barely running. 1st thing i found was the firing order was incorrect. once that was done, compression tested it and all was well. decided to pull of the tappet cover and see if it had dropped a valve.

straight away i saw the problem. the #1 exhaust rocker had fallen off. found out the tappet had de-adjusted itself which caused the rocker to come loose.

popped it back on, adjusted it and fired it up. voila!!! now it idles, revs and boost very well. has a slight miss down low, but suspect shitty plugs, timing out or something on the ignition side. will have another go after xmas, and hopefully be driving it over new years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm 

this is totally rad. l28et powered anything is cool in my book :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Nice score. Wish we got those in the states. :wink: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 am 

thanx guys. i wish it was L28et powered, but its only the 2 litre L20et.

its got more than enough go to keep me happy for the time being. i really just wanna drive it everyday and enjoy it. i have something more involved for my next project, so this will remain in relatively standard form.

tokk it for a drive a while ago, and after some fresh fuel, the miss has now gone. but it is now running hot right off the gauge, so suspect a stuffed thermostat.

also took it to get its WOF, which means its legally up to scratch to drive in the road, and it failed on only a rough front wheel bearing, no beam projection on the front head headlights due to missing mirror finish on the inside and the steering column wont lock into postion.

not too bad for a car thats been off the road for over 12 months

Post subject: Re: dirtyleppas C31 medalist turbo laurel
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am 

wish we had the turbo option, very clean interior as well 8)

Post subject: Re: dirtyleppas C31 medalist turbo laurel
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:13 am 

thanks man, interior on my old one was even better than my current one. my previous one had just 98000 km on it when i got it, factory turbo, manual and hardtop sedan. wish i still had it

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]