#
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 19   [ 372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 1970 KGC10 2000 GT
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 am 

If you lightly pull the trip reset out, you will see the rear section exposed. If you hold that with your fingers, or lightly with a set of needle nose, you can unscrew the front knob, and then you can slide everything over it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 am 

Got it!
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:52 pm 

NGK 6s seem to be the heat range that work best for me, Eric.

And for the heater, if you look behind the dash, you'll see steel cables (like throttle cables) going to various levers on the heater box. You can unclamp the cables from the levers and then the heater slider unit can be unbolted from the dash.

From memory, first you have to remove the ashtray assembly and also the radio in order to reach all the bolts tho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:32 pm 

Ok

I'm at work right now...
Will have to try when I get home

Thanks!

I like S30 way better... Lol
On S30 the plastic knobs for heater controls are held in by tiny screws. Remove those then heater panel slides out and levers stay in place

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 pm 

Back from work...

Here's a quick update about what I did for most of my Saturday:

Pulled front lights, was looking for rust in the housing and found a bit on back side.
Treated rust and then painted back side with rust preventive paint - did both sides - and for good measure cleaned the wiring contacts and put a dab of dielectric grease in the housings:

Passenger side window was sticking a bit on the drive down when you wound it all the way down and all the way up.
A portion of the glass flange had rusted so much that it was getting caught on the insides of the door when you wound it up and down.

Cut off the offending parts (smaller than they look), and treated rust to hopefully nip it in the butt.

Peeled the vinyl covering back, and thoroughly cleaned out the bottom inside of the door - there's always a lot of crap down there which clogs the drain holes, then you get moisture build up and rust bubbles aren't too far behind - the S30 has it pretty bad there.

My interior c-pillar trim was flapping away on the drive down... Wait till you see how it's actually attached to the sheetmetal... But before I get there, I had to pull them off the car and boy were those pieces of wood warped... Carefully peeled back the layers as I wanted to re-use the foam and the square pattern vinyl of course.

Made templates, and cut new ones. Used some 3M Super 80 spray adhesive to bond the vinyl to the the wood - worked great.

Did both sides. I owe you a pic of them installed back in the car...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 pm 

I have another question for you guys...

For reference, out of the C10 authority:

GT & GT-X

GT-R

I have two giant gaping holes where the radio should go, and where the 8track (GT/GT-X) and flip down cubby (GT-R) are located.
I'm also missing the upper half of the black plastic trim above the "2000GT" badge - I would like to fix all 3 issues...

My car's loud enough that a radio is nearly pointless.
The GT-R radio delete block off plate is a pretty clean solution but I'd be surprise d to hear it's even still available. Any one now?

But beyond that, IF I found this radio block off plate and didn't have to negotiate away any vital organs to get it, I have a further question about how it covers the radio hole: Is the stock GT / GT-X fake wood trim around the stock radio really a separate piece of plastic from the textured black plastic surrounding frame. I wonder if that's available too. ?

I'd like to get the GT-R style flip down cubby hole - I thought I saw one sale recently but don't remember where...

I'm also missing the top half of the center console trim that is immedately above the "2000GT" badge - anyone know if that is still separately available as a single piece?

And finally, I have the full complement of toggle switches in the front half of the center console (RearDefroster, Wipers, Washer, and a toggle labeled "F"). When I turn it on it seems to do exactly the same thing as what I expect the later "ParkingLight" knob that GT / GTX / GTR seem to show as available in their cars.

Thanks,

-e

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 am 

ericbauer wrote:
I'm also missing the upper half of the black plastic trim above the "2000GT" badge - I would like to fix all 3 issues...

ericbauer wrote:
The GT-R radio delete block off plate is a pretty clean solution but I'd be surprise d to hear it's even still available. Any one now?

I think it used to be available as a repro a couple of years ago (I vaguely recall they were available when I first got my car) but is sold out. I'd like to get one too.

ericbauer wrote:
But beyond that, IF I found this radio block off plate and didn't have to negotiate away any vital organs to get it, I have a further question about how it covers the radio hole: Is the stock GT / GT-X fake wood trim around the stock radio really a separate piece of plastic from the textured black plastic surrounding frame. I wonder if that's available too. ?

I guess we'll find out, when you trade some organs and get one :D

ericbauer wrote:
I'd like to get the GT-R style flip down cubby hole - I thought I saw one sale recently but don't remember where...

You could always jam a DIN-pocket in there from a modern car?

ericbauer wrote:
I'm also missing the top half of the center console trim that is immedately above the "2000GT" badge - anyone know if that is still separately available as a single piece?

Let me get back to you on that one...there is a Yahoo Auctiosn vendor with a lot of stuff, I bookmarked it at my home PC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:10 am 

kev wrote:

ericbauer wrote:

Let me get back to you on that one...there is a Yahoo Auctiosn vendor with a lot of stuff, I bookmarked it at my home PC

I am also missing that piece and have not found a lot of them that we're not also attached to a center console. I think a lot of them were removed to install AC units in the cars. That is why mine is missing but I didn't get the AC unit. It was removed before it got to me.

If you find a place that has some let me know too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 am 

Here you go: http://storeuser5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ ... de=2&apg=1

The guy's got a lotta really nice stuff, but no radio blank plates or centre console tops, sorry :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am 

Thanks for the link Kevin!

-e

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Coming along nicely!

When I get home I'll send you a link that I have saved specifically for interior parts search on YAJ. This should hold you over until you find the other parts. If you are lucky you might snatch this up for a low price.

N.O.S. - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m98030815 - w/buy now 17,000/jpy. I say its a fair price for NOS parts since the last one I saw sold for over 400/usd.

Btw I sent you an email with the picture of the tank fuel lines. Not sure if you got it. If you did and need more pictures lmk.

Keep the pictures coming.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am 

Send me the link too...

Eric if you buy this maybe see if your friend can machine one out of delrin or something. I can not pick it up because i have spent a lot of money on YAJ for the DR30.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:39 am 
JNC Enthusiast

DeRuX wrote:
Send me the link too...

Eric if you buy this maybe see if your friend can machine one out of delrin or something. I can not pick it up because i have spent a lot of money on YAJ for the DR30.

Will do :tu:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm 

Oooh

Thanks Ivan

I'm on it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 pm 

California registration is done!

Even though I had made an appt, it still took 2hrs to get my paperwork.

Historical Vehicle plates will come separately in the mail... When Sacramento gets around to it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 pm 

Hey Eric,

those top pieces for the dash (Where Kev was saying they put the AC systems) are on YAJ regularly, but they run around Y7500 used, so i have been putting off ordering one for a long time.

i actually installed a cd player in the cubby slot on my center console, as miune had a huge gaping hole it it too when i got it. it also had some half assed wired switches installed, and ALL the OEM switches in the concole were just gone. it took em close to a year to find two of them. still missing the WA switch. im working on it though LOL.

i plan to pull my old panels off like you did and wrap them in fresh vinyl, just cant seem to find any in northern Japan. maybe i will just skin a couch LOL

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 pm 

Man, Eric! I wish I could've gone with you guys on that road trip. It looks like it was very memorable…I would've totally gone if I was back home in Vegas…sniff sniff…She really looks great in the pics!!! And the color!!! :shock: Red is so fresh among the regular White and Silver Hako's you see everywhere...

I'll try to find some of the stuff you are looking for as well, I still have a couple of connects back in Japan. They need a little nudge anyway :D .

Anyway good luck with all your plans, owning one is so gratifying. Welcome to the club!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 pm 

Here's some stuff that might help... :tu:

ericbauer wrote:

I have two giant gaping holes where the radio should go, and where the 8track (GT/GT-X) and flip down cubby (GT-R) are located.

Here's one: http://PAGE21.AUCTIONS.YAHOO.CO.JP/JP/A ... J160933088

ericbauer wrote:
beyond that, IF I found this radio block off plate and didn't have to negotiate away any vital organs to get it, I have a further question about how it covers the radio hole: Is the stock GT / GT-X fake wood trim around the stock radio really a separate piece of plastic from the textured black plastic surrounding frame. I wonder if that's available too. ?

From the top of where the stock radio should be to the bottom of the ashtray/lighter is one piece and come out as a single unit. If it has been cut (this is VERY common, as many owners in Japan would put a triple gauge cluster there) you will need to replace the entire piece. Ensure you disconnect the heater core cables at the heater core itself, NOT at the switches. I did this to my Hako as well, I was lucky enough to find a complete piece with the original Hitachi Radio at the NISMO Festival back in '06. I will try to get a friend to source one for you if that is the route you want to go.

ericbauer wrote:
like to get the GT-R style flip down cubby hole - I thought I saw one sale recently but don't remember where...

That particular item is very hard to find, I have only seen it for sale once in Japan, and it was very pricey. It is not available through Nissan Parts and reproduced replicas are not being made yet.

ericbauer wrote:
I am also missing the top half of the center console trim that is immedately above the "2000GT" badge - anyone know if that is still separately available as a single piece?

Again another non-reproduceditem, you'll have to find this NOS like the one mentioned above by NorCal510. To do a search on Yahoo Auctions Japan use this: スカイライン ハコスカ

ericbauer wrote:
And finally, I have the full complement of toggle switches in the front half of the center console (RearDefroster, Wipers, Washer, and a toggle labeled "F"). When I turn it on it seems to do exactly the same thing as what I expect the later "ParkingLight" knob that GT / GTX / GTR seem to show as available in their cars.

You could kill 2 birds with one stone and pick this up (It comes with the top piece your looking for and the GT-R delete covers for the "Rear Defogger" and "F" switch:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/153016410

If you you just want the GT-R delete covers, look 3/4 down this page:
http://www.rubber-soul.net/p-naisou.htm

Hope this helps :tu: :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm 

Just found this too, complete with GT-R lighter block off plate: http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162948209

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 pm 

Do you really want that GT-R Cubby Hole Flip Box? Super complete!!! GT-R Switch Delete Covers, Console Top, Shift Boot, and the elusive Flip Cover Box! Price=OUCH!!! http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k145463515

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 19   [ 372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next