#
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: My 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 - From the UK!! *** Update *
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 am 

UPDATE

Well more of a catch up really lol :lol:

Heres some pics of the car from 2009.............................

Oh and I have some new goodies for the we beasty too :D

JDM Chrome wind deflectors (need a little modding as off a different car)

Very rare Genuine Toyota Corolla (Jap Spec) chrome fender mirrors......... maybe the only set in the UK??

Centre Consol.............. unfortunately got a bit broken but I should be able to fix it.

Corolla 'C' badges Gold and rare white

Gold badge test fit (however this will be on my JDM Twin Headlights and grill I already have ready for fitting)

These are the last pics I took before I went traveling to new Zealand in Nov 2009...............

I'm now back and Ill be getting back onto this project now and considering a lexus 1uz V8 Swap :shock:

Its no longer my daily drive as Ive recently had a Micra Super S and now a Datsun 140Y coupe for that (see link in sig), so I can now make my Corolla just as I want it!

More coming soon :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 pm 

hi! good day!

i was browsing this post a couple of days already and i just couldn't help but (drool, no, just kidding) ask.. where did you get all those JDM parts? they're all N.o.s!

i do have the same model as yours (i don't know, i have a urethane bumper..) mine is (as far as i know) a Toyota DX Ke70 body type, 4k, 4 speed engine, 1983-85 model(i think).. could we talk via email?

im 22, i live in the philippines and im restoring this car for my father (he died four months ago.. and he really loves his car..) i've been a pain in the ass for him, but losing him so early and so quickly (1 month in ICU) just stopped me to return the favor to him... so, in my own little way.. i wanted to finish this project.. (we started it together, cause i was trying to make up with the things ive done wrong) but, he left..i hope i could still, somehow, make him proud..

please.. any help that you could give, (im not asking for financial needs nor your spares.) just plainly ideas, insights, lessons, anything you could share most especially those in the interior.. i was expecting i could see some dashboard pics in your post here... (pics shot closely from left to right of the dash will greatly help me find the stuff missing on mine.. i was also looking up for those plastic parts for the interiors like kick panels and all..)

sorry for the sentiments shared.. i do hope you could give me anything that could help me with these restoration project.. i'll throw in some pics if you want.. thanks! have a good one!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:01 am 

Excellent project! Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:01 pm 

The Micra and the Datsun taking up too much of your time?

Great thread, very inspiring but this back soon is stretching it don't you think? :wink:

You've got me going though. First thing Monday, I'm off to offer on a KE70 round the corner.... Wants AUD550, 166kms, only the 1.3 but loads of potential.

BTW How precious are the AJPS lips back home. I see they don't deliver very far. I'm in Melbourne where they do, but could send some back home to Blighty where I'll be for a few months this summer. Is it worth the effort?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 am 

Hi All sorry for the massive delay but not much has really happened to the Little Corolla yet! :oops:
I have big plans but other things have got in the way! :|

I have been doing some work to the Datsun i admit but only a few cheapy bits to make it a cool cheap daily.

Ill be back on the Corolla at some point but not just yet! I will updat when i do 8)

And yes AJPS front lips in the UK would be great :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5