#
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: RA43 Build thread.......
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 pm 

to be honest i dont remember where i got the radiator but i kno i got for 100 bucks and it works great. i got it like 3 years ago so its been a while. as for the locks, i did install them today and they look and function great. before the main key would only unlock the drivers door so it felt good be able to unlock everything with one key. luckily my car has never been stolen and i want to keep it that way. right now im insured with hagertys classic insurance and they appraised the car @ 15k in its condition so im pretty happy. i kno if i try to sell it ill be lucky to get 4k out of it but i have no intentions of selling it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm 

Awesome... I'm insured with Hagerty as well. They're great! I went quite a bit lower on the 'agreed upon value' than you did, but they told me I could go higher if I wanted to change it. I think the coverage I have is reasonable.

When my car was stolen, it was so freaking weird. I parked at a theatre on a Sunday afternoon, but was late for my movie so I decided to catch a later show and went to a bookstore at the same shopping center. Coming out of the book store, I was going to check on my car, but decided that was 'silly', and went into the theatre for my movie. When I came out afterwards, my car was gone! I was walking around the lot in a daze... people following me to get my parking spot. I must have looked like an idiot walking around the lot trying to figure out where my car was! haha

At work the next day, my friend told me his wife's car was stolen once, and they found it in a nearby town. On Tuesday, I drove the rental car around that nearby town thinking I would find my car (you do weird things when your car is stolen!). While sitting at a stop light waiting to turn left I realized it was stupid to think I'd actually find my stolen car, so I pulled out from the left turn lane and just went home. Wednesday, the Sherrif called me at work and said they found my car. When they gave me the address, I couldn't believe it. When I was at that light, waiting to turn left, if I had continued on my quest to find my stolen car, I would have driven right past it when the light had changed!! That tuesday evening I was a half a block from where my stolen car was parked, but I had changed my mind and went home!

They never would have believed I was just "driving around looking for it", so all's well that ends well, I guess. The thief didn't do any damage other than the lock cyls and interior, and the missing sound system. I was lucky, I guess. Coincidentally, my car was parked in front of another one just like it that just so happened to need a lot of parts. Imagine that...

Looking back, my eyes must have seen my car driving away that afternoon at the theatre, but my brain didn't put it all together. I think that's why I had the urge to see if it was still there. What a messed up afternoon that was!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:06 pm 

i love hagertys insurance........ bummer that they stole the car but good thing they found it..........

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm 

so not a whole lot has been goin on with the car. im getting a photoshoot 2 weeks from now and will be picking up a set of longchamps this weekend so photos will come later. unfortunately the brake booster went out on the celica so she is down for the week till the ordered one gets here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 am 

Your car looks sick! What size are those supra rims? I just bought a set of the 15's for my RA42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 pm 

CaptainSlow wrote:
Your car looks sick! What size are those supra rims? I just bought a set of the 15's for my RA42

thanks brotha....... these are 14x7 -8 if not mistaken.......... i didnt kno they made 15 inch celica supra rims...... got any pics? im interested now........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 pm 

Sure do this is the pic from the ad I bought them from i havent received them yet,

They are 15x6 and they only made them like one year 1985 if im not mistaken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm 

CaptainSlow wrote:
Sure do this is the pic from the ad I bought them from i havent received them yet,

damn those are pretty dope.......... u wouldnt be willing to sell em by any chance? haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm 

Haha sorry my friend but no lol :wink: as soon as I get them home im hoping to throw a good polish job on them then they are going straight on my liftback :mrgreen: on a side note are you a member of classic-celica.com (not trying to steal you sway from here :twisted: ) but if not...JOIN!!! Lol we are always in need of more members and you should have a very warm welcome with that sweet @ss 2nd gen of yours!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:28 am 

CaptainSlow wrote:
Haha sorry my friend but no lol :wink: as soon as I get them home im hoping to throw a good polish job on them then they are going straight on my liftback :mrgreen: on a side note are you a member of classic-celica.com (not trying to steal you sway from here :twisted: ) but if not...JOIN!!! Lol we are always in need of more members and you should have a very warm welcome with that sweet @ss 2nd gen of yours!

haha figured id ask lol......... I am a memeber of classic-celica.com. my username is RA43power......... thanks for the invite tho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:31 am 

no new updates to the celica yet but they will be happening very soon. so today my sister hooked it up with a go pro and its like Christmas in march.......... oh and i also started messing with my camera at the shop and thought this picture looked nice.........

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 am 

sweet i was lookin to check on of these out a few weeks ago.... i just have too many projects as it is. looks rad i loove the coupes :lol:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18604&p=158903#p158903

mx32 2jz swap in progress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm 

RA43power wrote:
CaptainSlow wrote:

damn those are pretty dope.......... u wouldnt be willing to sell em by any chance? haha

The taller, narrower Supra rims came only on the L-Type.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm 

We got them on Z10 Soarers and some Cressidas in Aus iirc, as all our MA61's were what you guys got as the P-type.

Car's looking good man, keep it up :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 pm 

Beautiful gen 2. Nice, clean, and simple. I'm trying to get one to restore here in So Cal. Good luck w/ build.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:45 pm 

thanks man..... so i kno i havent posted in a while but ive been real busy...... i got a semi photoshoot done today and will post pictures as soon as i get them......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 am 

keep it up...

I've had 2 sets of the 15" MkII Syupra wheels... great wheel for Celica, or Corolla to run 15" tires.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:46 am 

i just found this and thought it looked pretty dope..... enjoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am 

Great 43 man. I just got my 2nd 81 last weekend. Mines got a ways to go still but i cant wait till mines rollin smooth. Supra wheels look good, my brothers got some on his 85 GT n i was curious to how itd look on ours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 pm 

oh man its been a while since i last posted but i have been busy and the car has been getting some attention. ill post pictures of the progress but for now heres this

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next