#
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: s12 is driving me crazy, whats wrong?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 pm 

ok its a ca20e hatch and i found out the maf was bad so i got a new one it works kinda. if u start the car and give it a lot of gas it stays on lol duh, but u let off and it dies, once u turn of the car unplug the maf and start again it idles but if u try and start it again it won't run wtf??? :x

Post subject: Re: s12 is driving me crazy, whats wrong?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 pm 

Have you cleaned/checked the contacts on the TPS?

Have you opened up the MAF to see if moving the vane manually makes the car run better, or tried adjusting it?

Have you checked the car for vacuum leaks/used a vacuum gauge?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

could be a number of things.
When running, black smoke?
>Check oxy sensor.
Could be throttle position sensor as above.
Or these (like the RB20) like to wear out the crank angle sensor key on the front of the cam.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 pm 

i think it might be the wire that connects the maf to the harness and i realllllly don't want to take the top half of the air intake manifold off to get to the tps but if the new cable doesnt work then i have no choice, thanks for not making me feel like I'm crazy none of my friends or fam can help and they just keep telling me dumb shit. ill let u know in prob a week thx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:05 pm 

...Tons of issues can be traced back to the TPS, in my experience; issues with mine have caused my car to run just about every way you can imagine (Only full throttle issues, only at idle issues, both, etc...) It's as sensitive to dirt as an old Nintendo, so I'd advise cleaning it thoroughly with contact spray and making sure that the idle and full throttle contacts are properly set...

It's still worth cracking open the AFM, I'd nudge it around a bit just to see what would happen and gain a bit of knowledge on how the car was running... Don't plan on really dialing it in though til you've typically made sure that your TPS works, and all your vacuum cables are intact, otherwise you'll set it wrong.

Failing that, check things like O2, temp. sensor etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm 

i just got a job thank god lol. I'm getting tps soon but i was wondering if i was to clean it how? it wants to break if i try and open it so i haven't and theres no visible contacts theres just a slot where the butterfly fits in an thats it no openings and the car ran home when i bought it so its not bad to my knowledge and i have no vacuum leaks. show of hands that think it might be that maf connection wire shit besides the tps (I'm going to get a new one but if it dosnt work what else could it be and all the cars I've ever had had a bad o2 sensor it was a little rich but it never kept the car from idol.....ideas before i buy the repair guide witch would be kinda pointless because its going to go ka-t later on

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]