#
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: S30Z-Mikunis n Coilovers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 am 

Before my s30 i had a z31 turbo w/s13 coils, serial nine adapters,G35 wheels, and some misc stuff here and there, nothing special

Until it decided to throw a rod through the block and oil pan. My roomate awhile ago had 240z that blew up and was sitting for a long while. I offered,he accepted and moved on. Next day bought a crap L24 for 100 bucks got it running a day after i bought it and got it registered the next. So this is what it looked like after its first wash.

After that i threw on some dirt cheap tokico blues but had some SERIOUS reverse rake issues.

I then threw on my s13 coils from my z31 and let it be for awhile, me and friends went for a drive and then this happened. Drums warped, worn and flimsly BMC on rainy road..not the best combo, but i wasnt dissapointed at all.

Day after, you can see damage wasnt to bad.

only cosmetic.

After a while the Z was fine and i figured people were tired of seeing blue smoke pour out the exhaust, even cops had there words so i had to address it. Decided to rebuild a seperate l24 that came with goods (never doing that again, seriously ppl just get an l28) luckily ebay treated well along with other deals that were roaming atm.

So while i was waiting on some parts to i decided to clean and semi-paint the engine bay considering there was.no paint left anyways.

Before:

Middle:

After:

The rebuild/paint/drop has all happened since i took the Z off the road in august-october..oh yeah i dumped it and got some super cool stuff.

And this is its current state, theres a whole bunch i left out and im usually alot more enthusiastic about build threads but im at work at copynpastingcopnpastingncopynpasting from android phone making things difficult.

I have my rear disc ready to go, but do to datsunpartsllc screwing up my brackets, i have to wait for another set. Other than that needa get it running so i can drive it again. So thats it for now.

Last edited by Alex Datsun on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Its-Dirty-Zee Build
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 am 

Oh yeah i got rid of most of the SS lines after trying to crank turns out almost all them were leaking and the stickerbomb has been removed from the hatch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am 

Looking awesome so far 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm 

how the hell did you put s13 coils on it?? did you swap the front subframe? doesn't the s30 have spindle/strut setup just like most of the other vintage datsuns? i want to run s chassis coils on h=my hakosuka, but I'm thinking my only option is an s chassis subframe swap.

oh, looks sick! and sounds like you got it for a steal!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 pm 

wookieballa wrote:
how the hell did you put s13 coils on it?? did you swap the front subframe? doesn't the s30 have spindle/strut setup just like most of the other vintage datsuns? i want to run s chassis coils on h=my hakosuka

Not to threadjack, but here's one way to do it...

http://www.510garage.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=275

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 pm 

[quote="wookieballa"]how the hell did you put s13 coils on it?? did you swap the front subframe? doesn't the s30 have spindle/strut setup just like most of the other vintage datsuns? i want to run s chassis coils on h=my hakosuka, but I'm thinking my only option is an s chassis subframe swap.

oh, looks sick! and sounds like you got it for a steal![/quote]

Its pretty much what datsunfreaks link:

1.Cut the strut tube from the spindle assembly (tube the oem shock sits in)
2. Then use the lower mount from the coilover (the mount that the coilover shock threads into)
3.Weld the lower mount to the spindle where the strut tube was cut and walah! You can now use s13 coils
4.Strut tower bolt holes may need to be slotted if you use the s13 camber plates or after market camberplates maybe welded if you dont use the stock tophats (optional)

Same goes for the for an s30 anyways, on the z31 it was basically bolt on and slot the strut tower holes.

At the moment im on dc2 coils with the same method and will upgrade eventually. I dont know anything about hakosuka's but im pretty its not that much of a difference.

Thanks for thee compliment.

Post subject: Re: S30Z-Mikunis n Coilovers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm 

Awesome looking stance and build. Sorry but I laughed at your ran off the road pic :) Seems lucky you got away with minimal damage.

I'm going with ITB's soon, what filter set up are you planning on using for the Mikuni's? There's so many different options out there but I haven't seen too many that actually looks good/not restrictive. Almost makes me want to just cover the air horns with stockings :P

Post subject: Re: S30Z-Mikunis n Coilovers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:59 pm 

Kennymonster wrote:
Awesome looking stance and build. Sorry but I laughed at your ran off the road pic :) Seems lucky you got away with minimal damage.

I'm going with ITB's soon, what filter set up are you planning on using for the Mikuni's? There's so many different options out there but I haven't seen too many that actually looks good/not restrictive. Almost makes me want to just cover the air horns with stockings :P

I have filters for it already but they needa be cleaned before i slap em on, theyd the box type but i may just get some individual ones.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]