-2L is in, runs good. Has a Jap head, carb, intake and exhaust manifold/Z-pipe on it, don't know if they're actually any better or not but they were in better shape. Also has a stage 2 cam, no balance shafts and a fully balanced shortblock with new rings+bearings. Using the narrow KM132 from my GE, with a HD clutch from a petrol L200 (?).
-4.6 rear is also in. Bakes the inside rear in 2nd on tar if I give it a hiding
-Has a dodgy exhaust that I made myself from a couple old stock systems and some steampipe with a stick welder.
-Dodgy CAI made from a TP Magna airbox with a gutted AFM and the end cut off, a carby hat from an L300 van and a Magna intake pipe. Intake pipe had a few splits, so it's completely wrapped in 100mph tape. Induction noise combined with dodgy exhaust makes it sound like a D16 Civic with a $10 pod.
-Now has a proper non-PS GJ-GL steering column, instead of the bastardised GJ PS/GH non-PS hybrid it had before.
-Bled the brakes, wore the surface rust off the rotors with a few hard stops. Could use slotted rotors and/or Starion brakes, as they fade a bit after five or six.
-Now has most of a GE-GH front end, as the original panels were far from straight. Still has the GJ grille and bumper but the guards and beaver panel are GE-GH. The bonnet is too, but they stayed the same from GE-GL so not really worth mentioning. The car is now blue, faded blue, white and weatherbeaten silver.
-Replaced every rubber bush in the car with either NOS rubber ones or polyurethane, did the balljoints while I was at it. Actually drives like a car now, instead of a sailing ship into a headwind. Also replaced the strut tops with NOS ones I found, still in the boxes/plastic wrapping, at the local tip.
Still to do:
-Shocks are munted. Require new ones. Will likely shorten the struts 40mm and run R31 shocks/R31 Pedders lowered springs up front, and TP Magna S/W shocks with GE-GH Lovells -60mm (effective, standard GE-GH springs are good for a 30mm drop in the later cars) springs rear. Will trim springs/add spring rubbers as required to keep it level.
-It peg-legs like a champ. I can either spend up and import an 80's vintage 1.5-way Ralliart LSD, most likely requiring rebuild, meant for a boxtype EX Lancer, spend up bigger and do an R31 Silo diff swap, or weld the diff. Or, I could be boring/gay and leave it.
-NO REAR SWAYBAR. These must have been a bit oversteery with one, because it's not there from factory.
-Put the stock exhaust back on. The current one's embarrassing, it has none of that trademark Astron growl. Instead, it sounds like a Honda. IE gay. Reasonably quiet at idle and just putting about, but sounds like the wet fart from hell at WOT.
-Balloon tyres. Currently has 185/65R14 Goodyear and Sime shopping-spec shitters, would like 185/55R14 Hero HZ-1 (same tyre as Federal 595SS, just cheaper. Because not brand tax).
-No rego. This will come once everything's done, and I'm not broke.
Piczorz, taken while I was messing about with my sister's new DSLR.
New (well, better) fronthttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0526.jpghttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0522.jpg
Extrashttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0541.jpghttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0540.jpghttp://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0533.jpg
That's a 14x7 +0 on the rear, plenty of room inside and out. Thinking of going 16x10 +25 with 225/45 and guard work, 16x8 +0 with 195/45 and guard work for the front.http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... G_0532.jpg