#
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: need help lowering te38 corolla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm 

can somebody tell me how to lower my corolla wagon ,i just bought it and the wheels im puttin on are the drag dr44 15x8.25 and 25 offset and tires are 195/50/15

Post subject: Re: need help lowering te38 corolla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 pm 

Lowering block from Autozone work on the rear. I usually get new u-bolts made as the ones from Autozone are too big and require some redrilling off the sping perches. But not hard to do if you want to do it.

The front you can cut a coil or two off the spring and not affect the driveability too much and it's a cheaper alternative to coil overs. But eventually if you plan to keep the car long then spend the money on coil overs.

It's either a 12 or 14mm bolt on the cap. 17mm on the lower control arm bolts and then a 19mm in the shock bolt to pull the assembly apart. Very easy process to chop it down. You won't need a spring compressor either if you have an air impact gun. There isn't a ton of tension on it so just put your foot on the top of the spring and let the rotor side pop away from you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:17 pm 

pertano wrote:
Lowering block from Autozone work on the rear. I usually get new u-bolts made as the ones from Autozone are too big and require some redrilling off the sping perches. But not hard to do if you want to do it.

A few years ago I found U-bolts in a variety of width, diameter, and length at 4 X 4 truck stores. I think they were made by Suspension Techniques Offroad truckers use blocks to raise the suspension. The instructions usually say not to piecemeal a suspension together with separate parts (as opposed to buying a lift kit) but I figure if they are strong enough for offroading in a 2 ton truck, they should be strong enough for our little cars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 pm 

does anybody now what is the wides rim and off set on 15'', i want it flush with the car te38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am 

15x8 0 will fit with some minor fender rolling.

if you dont' want to do any mods then you will have to find a 15x7 0 offset and keep them both on a 195/50/15. But that all depends on how low you go. You can go wider with more work on the fenders, but it really is all personal preference.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]