#
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe build. - new motor 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm 

Just walked in on this thread and I must say I'm loving your work so far! White just looks the mutts nuts on any RX-3 (unless it is red of coarse..) and 10a fronts with candy tail lights is my favourite look. Oh a genny steel 12a with all the chrome would be nice, but there are far too many half done ones out there that have just spoilt the look for me.
I wasn't a fan of the green rims myself, but you summed it up perfectly when you said it only has to impress one person. It's not that I thought the green looked bad or anything, it's just I love the nanna look. So again it all comes down to personal preference.
I'm also going to get me a set of Toyota fender mirrors for my 808. I had a set years ago and gave them away because back then I wanted to go for the low as heck/loud as heck look. Glad that though pattern has changed..
Anyway I want a set to finish of my 808 coupe. Good find, and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 pm 

Love it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 pm 

One of my favourite cars for sure, and the shed! 8) The roof rack sets off that classy nanna look.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 pm 

Unreal, I really liked the whole look of this car before and now with the new engine set up it's going to be insane. Awesome work mate!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:29 am 

10/10 ! tastefully done !
There aint nothin like an old rotary mazda !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:44 am 

Cheers guys, pretty happy with how it's looking ATM wheels are defiantly next on the list but they can wait till I get back from OS. Cars getting tuned in the next few weeks so I'll update with power figures or if it died lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm 

well the car finally got tuned last week, and i have to say im very happy with the results :), first up nothing broke! this is always a concern of mine with when its time to place your car on a dyno, especially when you spent so much time making sure everything is all good to go, last thing you want is for something to pop,

car ended up makeing 201rwkw @ 15 peak to 14psi :mrgreen: , i was thinking it would make a tad more but we decided theres no point pushing it when its all perfect as it was,

like a said im happy with the results and shes plenty fast enough for when you want to make friends crap a little when they dont no what fast is :lol:

so now when we have some nice melbourne weather ill be driving the car as much as i can before i leave for OS

DYNO SPECS
DYNO VID
MAKING A FRIEND CRAP LOL :lol:

Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe build - new motor 2012 - dyno tuned 30/
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:29 pm 

:shock: roof rack and all... too sick. :tu:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 pm 

I love the roof rack and sunvisor! :tu:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 am 

Is it a 12A or 13B? Did Pete stuff up the typing?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:40 am 

Genuine 12a t I put an ASK adapter on with s5 manifolds, thought I mentioned it last page might have forgotten,
On another note, i wasnt wearing my specticles and I hit a pothole yesterday which was a perfect fit for my 165 tyres, and with the hard suspension lifted the rear wheel off ground causing fast acceleration and when wheel hit ground griped and snaped an axel lol, oh well my fault for the lowered car and no glasses, I do blam Vicroads for there terrible roads tho.. Spose it's time to look into that hilux/ raising the car a tad maybe but unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Pretty sure I passed you stopped on the side of the road parked somewhere on the weekend. Car looks really nice and tidy.

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm 

Cheers, pretty sure this could have been whilst waiting on a tow truck or while I was at the dyno with a mates car?

On inspection to what snaped it's not the axels so could be a spider gear or crown wheel? Car was undriveable.. I checked the tailshaft and that seamed to be ok, the dust cover has.snaped off at welds were it meets the box.. But I don't think this is what's caused the undrivableness.. I'll strip down the center tonight and have a look hopefully I'll have a answer!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

hahaha. this is why I used to have a few spare books in the car, at least you have something to sit and read while waiting for a tow truck.

I'd say it was while you were waiting for the tow truck as you were parked on the side of the road.

Diff breakage will be the pinion/rod inside the centre working loose inside the centre itself.

Don't forget that if you want to replace it*, you will need to find the correct nose-length centre.

*assuming you want to get it back on the road before you hilux it.

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 am 

Magazines in the car would have been very handy lol. Ya must have been while on side of road. Where abouts you from? 

Good guess on what it was! Must have had something similar happen b4 lol one of the gears on that center rod completely snaped out! Ya I no about the lo g and short nose difs I'm not sure what one I had tho. Which I'd have to look up... I'm undecided the hilux I have is 1330 housing to housing and 1440 axel to axel end with out the brakes on. I'm pretty sure it's very  close to standard rx3-808 width..  It does seem pointless putting back in a center that is so weak, hopefully someone buys my engine package and ill use cash to finish dif.. Unless you know someone that can mod them cheaply ewok?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 am 

Vid
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o52/ ... 36a17d.mp4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 am 

Just looked at the vid and it looks like it's an 808 1300 diff centre. Same axles as Rx3, smaller centre. 200kw would smash it everytime.

Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkw, just smashed the center :
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm 

It does look like the little baby centre rather than the more common 24 spline diffs in early Mazdas.

Either way, the spider gears are stupidly weak in these diffs. It looks like the spider gears have smashed and become lodged everywhere else in your diff causing other catastrophic failures. You did a good job of it, that's for sure :lol:

I must say I'm quite surprised it lasted this long!

Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkw, just smashed the center :
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 am 

Your right it was the small 1300 808 center, after some small hickups with a diff I had built I've got myself a complete rx3 dif with 3.9 center bit better than the 4.11s that were in there and slightly stronger, hoping to have car back on the road sat arvo for a nice Sunday drive "weather permitting" lol it's also still an open center so hopefully I can dodge the pot holes this time and won't be going by the moto, "when in dout, power out" :lol:

Post subject: Re: My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkillawasps, new dif going in
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 am 

Well it's now been just over 2 months since last driving car :( she will no dout be laying in this spot dormant untouched for quiet some time, as I've moved OS and put car into storage. When I get back I have quite a few things to do put on wheels im building, possible rebuild finish off the interior and replace cracked or not perfect plastics, but these things won't be happening for at least a year, for now I'm traveling and spending money elsewhere as we can't spend all our money on cars can we..

Couple ok pics from travels so far.. Enjoy. 

Can post on a car forum with out cars 

Seeing as I'm traveling and not working yet gotta make money somehow lol

That's about it for now, but I'll be keeping an eye on the current builds as there's a few that are near completion, and will be umungst the best in Aus in my eyes
Catch.

Matt.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next