#
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: L2800 Tuning
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 am 

Hi All

now i know this has been done to death on other forums but I'd be interested in views, opinions etc that you guys have on tuning a 2.8 Straight 6 NISSAN N/A engine........................... :P

Post subject: Re: L2800 Tuning
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 am 

Can you please define "tuning"? That covers quite a lot of ground. :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:10 am 

datsunfreak wrote:
Can you please define "tuning"? That covers quite a lot of ground. :P

aaah yes it does. I would say tuning of NA and not going Turbo, stroker, inj etc. Part from the usual exhaust manifold stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 am 

...I've learned a lot from this guy... Useful information on compression, heads and such... Explore around the site :)

http://datsunzgarage.com/engine/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 am 

hi,
well I agree with Dachshund to check that site (lots of good info), as for how much you can do I myself done some research and found that most non turbo applications can be in the 130 to 170 hp (over boring, etc)
using L28 parts, as for doing something real good there is the option of using L20A head (I think the turbo head is more suited) on a L28 turbo block (before asking me check youtube for video of +9300 rpm at le mans ) he used L20 head (shorter cam range(profile) and smaller valves combined with L28 block to reach that RPM. some videos in youtube states that a japanese L28 N/A is 400 hp ( the head has been reworked and its single cam). to go down to the point, you can make a stroker 3.1L using LD28 crank. My own idea which I'm waiting to have the stuff to do it is this: L28 turbo block + L20a crank + L16 rods (as I remember) + L20ET head (modified as well using tig welding and valves from other nissan engines) + custom fuel injection (or use RB20E DE DET) systems + garret turbo (didn't make research on the best match yet) + and as for pistons I'm thinking forged aluminum with an available type of pins, so large displacement with shorter crank hills added to very small chamber with charged air and you get a high revving engine, note that the L20a crank journal is the same width as L28 if not then my bad, but I do remember reading about L20 or LD20 with same crank journal size.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]