That wagon is about 45 minutes from me, and if it's that brownish Arrow listed in Hollister, that is like 10 minutes from me. The wagon supposedly runs and the Arrow has been sitting for a while so may take a little work to get running good enough to drive back. I'd say the wagon seems the better deal, but I'm a little partial to wagons anyways.
I dig the Arrow, but the Wagon is what I really want, and yep, it's those two! Could I persuade you to check out the wagon for me? Possibly pay you for your time/gas to do it? I want to put a deposit on the wagon for him to hold it for two weeks before I fly out. But I don't want to do it if the car is shit mechanically, blemishes in the car are FINE, i know about the cracked fenders, i have about 30 pictures of the chassis he sent the other day, but the car running and driving is my concern. I am very capable mechanically and can fix anything. (not trying to be arrogant, it's just I am)
If I get the wagon I think I can make it back with the 2.0 just fine, assuming it's ok mechanically. I would plan to grab a stereo (no radio in it) try to fix the speedometer (or use my GPS) and pick up a set of decent wheels/tires for it (classic import car wheels are more plentiful in CA, michigan and indiana doesnt have much of anything for classic imports)
Then my girlfriend and I will take the southern route across the states, camp along the way and take tons of pictures.
Anyone in the area or across the southern area of the states that wants to cruise with us for a bit, that would be awesome. I've got a pretty decent DSLR and will gladly have my girl take some rolling shots of your ride!