#
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Dover white Rx7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 pm 

So Ive been wanting one since forever, and I spotted one 99% original (it has a turbo timer!) with only 43,000 Km on the clock, not miles - km's!
so I snapped it up, and for a steal as well.
Its a november of '85 GTR a very early series IV, GTR was one up from the base GT, so has things like no sunroof, no cruise control or electric adjustable dampening, although you can adjust from under the car.

I'm currently looking for mazdaspeed wheels and I think I'll keep it fairly original and enjoy it..

Here's a few pics from its maiden voyage with a mates century powered crown through the touge...

'79 Honda C50
'73 Honda ST90
Custom Honda Chaly
'85 RX7
'79 B1600

Last edited by RedSunday on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My '85 RX7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm 

Very nice.

I remember having a look at this car back in '08, when down in Chch. I had my sights set on a Series 3 (and eventually bought one), otherwise I would have definitely scooped this up. The first owner/importer was a guy named Reece, who also had a Bellett GT-R and ridiculously mint Series 1 RX-7 amongst other things.

It only had around 30,000km then, and I couldn't find any evidence to suggest the kms were anything but genuine so I'm thinking you definitely scored well :tu:

please please please keep it original! We have enough half-wrecked RX-7s as it is in this country already.

also - if you're looking for MS wheels, talk to Ewan @ hayatonka.com!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 pm 
Administrator

gotta love the car and the "driving her home" pics ... 8)

now be sure to take a shot of your entire stable :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:32 am 

Orion wrote:
Very nice.

I remember having a look at this car back in '08, when down in Chch. I had my sights set on a Series 3 (and eventually bought one), otherwise I would have definitely scooped this up. The first owner/importer was a guy named Reece, who also had a Bellett GT-R and ridiculously mint Series 1 RX-7 amongst other things.

It only had around 30,000km then, and I couldn't find any evidence to suggest the kms were anything but genuine so I'm thinking you definitely scored well :tu:

please please please keep it original! We have enough half-wrecked RX-7s as it is in this country already.

also - if you're looking for MS wheels, talk to Ewan @ hayatonka.com!

Thanks Orion, you run the retro classics site don't you? great site btw
Reece Trotter did own and import this car, would you have his email? I wonder if he knew the back story as to why so low kays on this thing...

You can tell its a 40k car the way the door shuts, the feel of the gearbox amongst other things, and I will certainly keep this original, its simply come to far unmolested to be ruined now.

Besides I want to experience Akio Uchiyama's RX7 the way he intended, not John smiths slammed super turbo turd, if that makes sense?!?

'79 Honda C50
'73 Honda ST90
Custom Honda Chaly
'85 RX7
'79 B1600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:59 am 

Lovely cars and photography !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:04 pm 

RedSunday wrote:
Thanks Orion, you run the retro classics site don't you? great site btw
Reece Trotter did own and import this car, would you have his email? I wonder if he knew the back story as to why so low kays on this thing...

You can tell its a 40k car the way the door shuts, the feel of the gearbox amongst other things, and I will certainly keep this original, its simply come to far unmolested to be ruined now.

Besides I want to experience Akio Uchiyama's RX7 the way he intended, not John smiths slammed super turbo turd, if that makes sense?!?

Cheers. Michael (kyteler) runs the retro-classics site, I'm just a lowly contributor :)

Not sure if this email address is still valid but reece.rach@xtra.co.nz is what I have in my address book. Reece did tell me exactly how he came across the FC3S (and the SA22C) but my memory is like a sieve at times.

good to hear it's staying original, and yes, I fully understand the sentiments behind not wanting to end up with "john smith's slammed super turbo turd" :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:12 pm 

Nice Mazda Rx-7! Seems that there are a few unmolestered Mazdas hiding in the South Island, as that is where my Mazda came from..

I too am glad to hear that you are going to leave it original. Unfortunately Kiwi's seem hell bent on 'tuning' but rarely seem to do it well..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 pm 

Orion wrote:

Not sure if this email address is still valid but reece.rach@xtra.co.nz is what I have in my address book. Reece did tell me exactly how he came across the FC3S (and the SA22C) but my memory is like a sieve at times.

Heres the email from Reece the original NZ owner, nice guy, his 7000km series 1 is for sale now too..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20708

Hi Ryan,

Good to see the car is still stock. Please don't change it. I really liked that car and I miss it but I couldn't keep them all and have kept my series 1 as it only has 7000 k's from new.

I bought it (GTRRX7) at auction in japan. I had a guy in Japan that checked everything out for me. I gave him a list of cars to buy with a strict set of requirements, one of which was low km's and must be stock and genuine km's. He would check for rust etc and check out the km's of the car himself as well as info from the auction company. He would check them all through the Japanese equivalent of our LTSA. They have really good records even of any repairs that have been undertaken on the car. One of my requirements was that the cars did not have any accident damage.
One thing that is hard to do if you don't speak Japanese is to be able to contact previous owners so I never bothered to find out any previous history in Japan.

All I had to do was clean it when it came in. Nothing else was touched except the usual compliance stuff (belts and brakes etc).

Feel free to keep in touch or give me a call if you need to know more.

Cheers
Reece

'79 Honda C50
'73 Honda ST90
Custom Honda Chaly
'85 RX7
'79 B1600

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 pm 

And a set of polished/refurbished Rays volk CV pro's from 1994.
17x7.5 and 17x8.5 +32 and +38 offset with 235 and 215 Potenza rubber..

New decals from the UK

Sorry for the lo-res phone pics.

'79 Honda C50
'73 Honda ST90
Custom Honda Chaly
'85 RX7
'79 B1600

Post subject: Re: Dover white Rx7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 pm 
Mild Cam

Beautiful car you have there, reminds me a lot of mine. Enjoy it!

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]