#
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Audio setups and still keep it classy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 am 

I drive my car alot, and im wanting to upgrade the radio but have a hideaway headunit. Anyone ever try one of the vintage hidden radios? Looking for ideas..

Post subject: Re: Audio setups and still keep it classy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 pm 

Ive been thinking about it a lot and probably the best idia i had so far is to use radio with detachable faceplate hide main unit where you like (been thinking under seat) then solder extra long wires to connectors from main unit to faceplate and put it where you would like it (i thought roof mounted next to rearview mirror) as wires and speakers much berret just run RCAs for amp, so it totaly independent from original(most likely crapy) wiring. I have head unit + 2 amps 4 chanel and mono for Sub.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:48 pm 

Chuxa wrote:
Ive been thinking about it a lot and probably the best idia i had so far is to use radio with detachable faceplate hide main unit where you like (been thinking under seat) then solder extra long wires to connectors from main unit to faceplate and put it where you would like it (i thought roof mounted next to rearview mirror) as wires and speakers much berret just run RCAs for amp, so it totaly independent from original(most likely crapy) wiring. I have head unit + 2 amps 4 chanel and mono for Sub.

considering a glove box mount for mine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:52 am 

jitb wrote:
considering a glove box mount for mine

Glove box is good but i prefere to see whats playing :) and i like to be able to controll it :) unless you have a remotecontrol :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 pm 

I have one of these that I just hook up my MP3 player to, I find a good spot to put this in my car and it sounds great!

http://www.amazon.com/Lifetrons-DrumBas ... B005KIIOSM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm 

I just put a Panasonic head deck in where my factory AM/FM radio was and glued a section of black plastic over the hole where the factory tape deck was.
Looks quite good, a little out of place but it's not a flashy head deck so it works quite well.
Speakers are a pair of factory VR Commodore Eurovox jobbies in the parcel shelf.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 pm 

RX-2Fan wrote:
I have one of these that I just hook up my MP3 player to, I find a good spot to put this in my car and it sounds great!

how does that thing sound seems interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:47 pm 

jitb wrote:
RX-2Fan wrote:

how does that thing sound seems interesting.

When I first used it I was working on something in my garage, I hooked it up to my phone and put on a pandora station to test it. I had the volume louder than the stereo that I have in my garage and it sounded just as clear as the music on the stereo, with decent bass. I was actually suprised at how well it sounds. Then I put it in my car and it didn't sound as clear as it did in the garage, but then I started moving it around different spots in my car until I found a spot where it sounded excellent. If you have a car that you don't want to cut up the originality on then I highly recommend this.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]