#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:59 pm 

rockerben143 wrote:
motorhedz01 wrote:
these cars i think are so rare here nowadays, i also wonder if we had galant gtos here in pinas, i guess i should start a new thread- rare mitsus in pinas :)

You should visit Baguio City bro... all generations of galants are here. Some in good condition, some in bad, some are just wrecks...

you mean you have galant gto's in there?, please show us some pics :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:02 pm 

mustanghater wrote:
Are those rims on that original or aftermarket?

Those are original. In the US market, they were only offered on the 1983 model that got the "sport" package, which meant LSD. The package was offered in Japan as well, so it's likely that car has a rare LSD.

-Robert

My Build/Pic thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 am 

motorhedz01 wrote:
rockerben143 wrote:
motorhedz01 wrote:
these cars i think are so rare here nowadays, i also wonder if we had galant gtos here in pinas, i guess i should start a new thread- rare mitsus in pinas :)

You should visit Baguio City bro... all generations of galants are here. Some in good condition, some in bad, some are just wrecks...

you mean you have galant gto's in there?, please show us some pics :)

Yup, will do. I'll post it soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm 

wow thanks!, this i have to see :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:48 am 

If that GTO is maroon, I've seen it... :wink:

Any Mazda RX3's in Baguio? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:57 am 

Hi, it's me... Sorry I still don't have the pictures. Been busy with work and I can't really drive and take a picture at the same time. All the pictures I have so far are a bit blurry.

Anyway, don't worry, I'll have them soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 am 

retrokid wrote:

Somewhat faded dark red, yes.

Yes, I have seen a Mazda RX3 here before.

Come to think of it, I just realized that the number of old japanese cars--well at least the abundance of it, have shrunk. I'm sure their still here but not being used anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:53 pm 

rockerben143 wrote:
retrokid wrote:

Somewhat faded dark red, yes.

Yes, I have seen a Mazda RX3 here before.

Come to think of it, I just realized that the number of old japanese cars--well at least the abundance of it, have shrunk. I'm sure their still here but not being used anymore.

Bro if you find that RX3 PM me, I'll be up there before you can say "Victory Liner"... :wink:

I own one and I need a parts car, or if it's running I'm willing to make an offer... :P

Good looking out Bro... :wink:

Post subject: Re: mitsubshi starion in the philippines?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 pm 

I live in Fairfax, VA and would like to visit Baguio City. It's been 30 years since I was there last. I'm hoping to go there next year. I would love to see all the old Toyotas, Dodge Colts and Mazdas.

Silver2tg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 pm 

interesting thread Im a filipino living here in antioch california andI owned or part own a 1988 chrysler conquest aka starion black.

I have always wondered where are all the jdm cars end up in the PI because I hail from lucena city and there is no jdm scene there, only thing I have seen is a bunch of L type colts that my cousin has and a 1973 datsun 610 which I almost bought last time I was there.

Maybe one day I will return as the last time was 1998 andI have been longing to go back and maybe start a jdm shop of sorts, sending cars and parts to and from US-PI

would love to here from other Pinoys that are equally interested in such an idea as I would love to bein contact with someone there that want to talk cars and business ops

conrad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 pm 

Location: Taytay..Miami,Texas,New Orleans,Italy, France,Germany,Spain, Mexico..etc...next year Asia JAPAN..
:tu:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm 

If any of you guys over there would be willing to let your cars be test mules for part fitment in exchange for some free parts, please let me know.

My old boss here also owns a shop over there. Not sure exactly where, I just know it's on an old US military base. I can find out where exactly this weekend. He's getting into making fiberglass hot rod bodies and is going to start making fiberglass parts for Starions off my molds as well as make molds for some new parts that I have prototypes for. He also has a friend over there who has an exhaust place and makes kits for US manufacturers. I've already got the fiberglass part prototypes and some molds leaving to go over there in a container next week.

We need a car over there that we can test fit the parts to in order to make sure we get quality parts. It won't do any damage to the car at all, we just need to make sure the molds make parts that fit and make any changes to the mold if need be, and if so make the changes then make another part and test fit again.

I have cars here I could test fit on here in the US, but if we have to ship stuff back and forth a bunch it will take a long time before we get the final product ready for market.

Otherwise I could send one of my cars over there, but it would cost $2000US each way.

We would rather find someone who will let us test fit on their car in exchange for some of those new parts after we start making them, or find someone there with a Starion for sale that we could buy.

Can anybody help?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2