#
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Winter projects?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 pm 

Today will be the last day this year that I drive the fb, so I have been sitting here thinking of all the things I need to tear into while it is garaged and the white stuff is flying outside.. I'll be replacing wheel bearings and ball joints, installing poly bushings, hopefully installing my kaaz 1.5 way lsd, and patiently saving my lunch money for a new set of Hayashi Streets. Who else has big plans for their J-tin as winter offers some downtime? I used to hate that the weather and salt on the roads around here almost forces me to put my tin away, but now I'm starting to appreciate the time it allows for catching up on maintenance and upgrades. Also, it is nice to drive a fuel injected vehicle with a face-melting heater when its 12 degrees and windy..

Post subject: Re: Winter projects?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:07 pm 
Mild Cam

I'm going to be doing some basic maintenance and tidying up the paintwork on the FC, and collecting parts for a full resto on my SA.

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 am 

My JNCs seem to have lapsed into reliability so... This:

Old picture of the car, but it hasn't changed looks wise in a while... I'm actually fairly certain that they left the factory with just as many dents, faults, and paint chips :lol: The whole car actually may have been a designated fault.

But, I now have fuel pressure and ignition, every electrical component in the car works (!), and it'll start and run if I give it some throttle whilst turning the key, so it may only be an AFM adjustment away from running properly... Though I now may have detected head problems :? Luckily, thing has the same L-Jet system as the 280z and Z31, so that makes things more intuitive for me.

Once that's sorted, it'll be on to the brakes and clutch :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm 

I was going to use winter time to replace a section of my zeds frame rail and pass floor...however there is an event on new years day...so thats getting pushed back to winter/spring.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am 
JNC Enthusiast

My plan is to finish my door panels and gather parts to remove my brake booster and replace the master cylinder. May also replace the gaskets and crap on my rear end, or replace the rear end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:25 pm 

Dachshund wrote:
My JNCs seem to have lapsed into reliability so... This:

Old picture of the car, but it hasn't changed looks wise in a while... I'm actually fairly certain that they left the factory with just as many dents, faults, and paint chips :lol: The whole car actually may have been a designated fault.

But, I now have fuel pressure and ignition, every electrical component in the car works (!), and it'll start and run if I give it some throttle whilst turning the key, so it may only be an AFM adjustment away from running properly... Though I now may have detected head problems :? Luckily, thing has the same L-Jet system as the 280z and Z31, so that makes things more intuitive for me.

Once that's sorted, it'll be on to the brakes and clutch :)

Oh man, you are a glutton for punishment aren't you. :wink: Good luck with that.

I've got a few things planned for my roadster, fixing the bent shift fork so I can have 1-2 gears back, replacing the axles with some new chromolly ones (a much needed upgrade there, broken axles suck.) I'll also be replacing a couple of side bearings in the rear diff so it will quit howling like its got straight cut gears. There are a few other issues that I'll be addressing while I'm in there as well.

Will

'87 BMW M3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 am 

The convertible TR7s were much better built than the earlier coupes. If yours has fuel injection then it is one of last built at the Rover plant. Best quality. I quite like TR7s myself but never owned one. Did own a Spitfire for a while - great fun.

I bought a little Nissan Micra as my winter beater. It needs a little love but fun car.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:11 pm 

This is my winter project!
A 1JZGTE RA64

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]