#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]
 Post subject: N360 restoration reloaded
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:04 am 

Hi everyone, after the dissapearance of my post about the starting of my restoration for server problems of last week, here are the photos again, as a short resume you can see all I have done is disassemble interiors, finding a lot of rust and more hard cancers, the doors are in good shape although I have to repair some holes, the fuel tank have a plumb repair and for now is all, this weekend I will try to follow removing the dashboard and preparing materials to do a rotisserie for steel work...

Greetings

Post subject: Re: N360 restoration reloaded
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:41 am 

Nice project :)

Not fun to discover all the rust though.
Seems you have a lot of steelwork ahead of you.

Will be interesting to see your progress.

What are your plans for the car?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:58 am 

Hello, Buenos dias.

You've got a nice Honda. It really looks like a N600G : wood grained dashboard, shifter console, rpm-meter (sorry, I forgot the appropraite name...), large hubcaps etc. Such as Affen's one and mine. But the engine is a 360cc.

Please, keep it stock, it really deserves it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 am 

Bonjour, buenos dias :wink:
Thanks both of you, my first idea was to buy a N600 but I found this one by luck, was in this bad state but I wanted to save it cause is a little bit more strange to see and I wanted to afford a difficult restoration, before This car I restored a jeep CJ3B from the spanish army, this one was almost perfect in the body so was easy to do :mrgreen: Do this N360 now will be a challenge for me but at the end I will do it for sure, my plans are to restore it to factory looking, as much I will change the colour but surely I will leave it with this blue colour.
For now I am waiting to receive my mig welder, take the shell to the acid bath, some spot weld drills bits, build a rotisserie and find somewhere body parts, this last I think will be better than patch every rust hole, hope you can help me to find shops where to buy cause I think steel body parts are the same for the N600...
Well thanks again and I will try to keep posting photos regularly!

Greetings!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:55 am 

I have a parts car here in France on which I've already removed some panels to weld on the N600 I'm trying to restore. But a lot of panels are still available. I don't know if it is interesting to send body panels to Spain. If it is interesting, I would be glad to help you.

Do you already know what body panels you need ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:42 am 

Bonjour pierren600,

I have the photos and I think the honda part number, if you do not mind to check in that shop if they have the parts I need will be a great help, I supose will be not difficult to send by DHL or another company like that to Spain, in the worse of the cases I can go there and by the way make some tourism, France is beautiful! :wink: Sometimes I travel for work to Toulusse although my french unfortunatelly sucks :cry:
Here I leave the photos of the parts:

Parts numbers are I think: 70629-568-671Z, 70630-568-670Z, 70627-568-315Z, 70628-568-315Z (not sure 100% if are correct, these are from n600 part numbers catalog)
This is for now I am sure I need, until I cut more I will do not know if I need more...
Thanks and greetings!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:56 am 

HI, your N360 has Portuguese licence plates, did you buy it here in Portugal?
I may be able to help you whith parts.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited by joaoh2ohonda on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:21 pm 

Hi, is from Portugal yes, I made a holiday trip to there and I found it by luck, do you have parts like the ones I am looking for? Still avalible parts there in Portugal?
I have no photos of today but I removed the carb to clean it and see how is it in my free time at work place, I will do photos tomorrow of it :wink:
Greetings!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm 

My parts man here in Portugal is currently away, in Germany.
When he comes back I can ask if he has those sheet metal parts, some months ago he sold these:
They are new old stock parts
Attachment:
DSC00086.jpg [31.38 KiB]
Downloaded 2312 times

Attachment:
DSC00087.jpg [33.91 KiB]
Downloaded 2312 times

Attachment:
DSC00089.jpg
DSC00089.jpg [ 176.27 KiB | Viewed 2935 times ]

The one on the first picture went to a guy in Portugal, the others i do not know.
I have never seen sheet metal parts being sold anywhere else, has anyone seen???
Those pictures you posted of these same parts really look newly made, could it be that there is someone in Japan making these again???
Would really be nice!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:03 pm 

Hello Vynx,

I'm afraid we did not understand each other. I do not have NOS parts. I offered to remove some rust-free panels from a parts car. Door sill are not available, but the 4 whell arches are ok as well as most of the floors. I'll send some pics the week-end.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 am 

I do not know what is happening but yesterday I made a reply here :? ....well again, thanks to all for helping me to find parts, if someone need dinitrol or aeronautic material like carbon fiber or dural for your restorarion just tell me and I will try to get some :wink: pierre, if you can make the photos will be great, I do not mind to get old used parts while they are rust free or with light rust, joaoh, if your parts man have some parts will be great too, tell me if you can when he returns to Portugal.
Right now I am in Singapore for one week, I wonder if I can get parts here....
As soon as I return to Spain I will post the photos of the cleaning of the carb :wink:
Greetings!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:24 am 

As I promised here are the photos of the carb, unfortunatelly no shop there in Singapore had any spares for the N360.... :cry:

Tomorrow I will try to do more work on the flea :)

greetings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 am 

Well, today I removed the rear harness and the tail lights at least the electrical wires are in excelent condition and I will only insulate them again with new tape. One tip is to aply some vaseline to all the wires to make easier the removal thru the body:

As spected some more rust but this is only in the surface...
Is easier to releasing the cables from the hole of the interior light
Nice surprise, still on there :D
And all the cables removed ready for re-insulation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 am 

Hello, after some days very busy with my job and travels I received finally my x-mas present before time :D
meanwhile in my few free time I managed to "repair" the hubcaps, with a dolly, nylon hammer and polish they became shiny and with almost no dents, only few in the corners that I will try to remove with a small punch, I would like to chrome them but here in Spain is really expensive even for small parts :evil:
I will start soon if I have time with the rotisserie

greetings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 pm 

Good afternoon from California, US.
You have a great project there. I liked the pictures you had posted to give us a real idea on your project. I'm too restoring one N600 i bought , back then i did not know anything about this cars but I've read and see many owners with them and are very nice cars...on top of that, they are history. See my post so you can see my pictures too. I was wondering if in Europe is easier to find parts, like new, than in US but i do not know the response. Well friends keep us posted with your projects as we have a long way to go but eventually persistence will prevalence.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm 

Thanks Franco and gretings from Spain! I supose is moreless the same here and in the US with the parts, not really easy to find but sometimes you find little things, I am not sure cause I am a begginer with this cars but I think is easier to find 600 parts than for the 360, luckily some parts are the same...
Right now I am going to check your post, always is usefull to see another proyects to take ideas!
Hope to be of help and I will be keeping an eye in your N600!

Hasta pronto!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm 

Hi every one, after long time out I had the chance to return to Spain, I did nothing important to the car for now, hope to be here for some time to be able to do body work...
Meanwhile I am doing little repairs like this one in the door of the ventilation, was in bad shape, almost broken in the upper part so I decided to repair it with scrap from my job, some aluminium, hysol2216 and rivets, only left to paint in black. As you can see is not perfect but is much better than nothing, I have searched this part everywhere and I didnt find nothing :? ....if in the future I find one I will change it to make it factory looking.
Hope it can be of help for anyone with the same problem.
Greetings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm 

vynx wrote:
Bonjour pierren600,

completly and totally off topic but that tamia model is bad ass

on topic this thing looks like a bad ass project man keep it up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 am 

vynx wrote:
Bonjour pierren600,

I have the photos and I think the honda part number, if you do not mind to check in that shop if they have the parts I need will be a great help, I supose will be not difficult to send by DHL or another company like that to Spain, in the worse of the cases I can go there and by the way make some tourism, France is beautiful! :wink: Sometimes I travel for work to Toulusse although my french unfortunatelly sucks :cry:
Here I leave the photos of the parts:

Parts numbers are I think: 70629-568-671Z, 70630-568-670Z, 70627-568-315Z, 70628-568-315Z (not sure 100% if are correct, these are from n600 part numbers catalog)
This is for now I am sure I need, until I cut more I will do not know if I need more...
Thanks and greetings!

You can find the part on www.fromjapan.co.jp

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]