#
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: my ff1 portugal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:33 am 

Hello mate!, new to the forum, and registered almost only to post a reply on your thread.

You made an awsome work with your FF1, I myself have one, registered in Angola in 72, it was given to me by my grandfather, who race a few FF1's there along with my older uncle.

I have it waiting to et restored, parts are quite hard to find but i've managed a few.

Keep up the awesome work mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:36 am 

Now I can post a link to the gallery

http://www.luisantunes.pt/en/galeria/?g2_itemId=1595&g2_highlightId=4099

It's now stopped for 6 years, but at least it's inside a garage.

This year i'm going to start working on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm 

Well sorry, I was really congratulating Steve for his work, no worries anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 pm 

Hey! I saw pictures of your car online way back when I found mine and I was searching around the internet for more info about the FF-1. Glad to finally meet you online! :tu: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 am 

Yes, I had those photos in another gallery that went down.

Your post does reminds me I have to put my hands on my precious FF-1!

Even more since this one has some meaning to me, as it came from the country where I was born and also she's in the family ever since she was new.

I want to mod it a bit, wheels, engine (I would love to find a 1600), dual carbs would be nice.

You have done an excelent work with yours, one more time, congratulations!

keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 am 
JNC Enthusiast

looks nice! and welcome home :)

if a 1600 is what you are looking for might try sourcing one from over here in the states where they are a little bit more accessible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 am 

bajasoobnut wrote:
looks nice! and welcome home :)

if a 1600 is what you are looking for might try sourcing one from over here in the states where they are a little bit more accessible

Yes, its true, however import taxes are a killer to me.

I believe the 1600 was only mounted on the van version with 4x4 traction, which can be (acording to the manuals) easily adapted into the FF1 G I have.

Other thing I have in idea is removing the front wheel brakes with disks, have no idea (yet) how to

Will start dissasemble around the summer, June or July, by the time, picture will follow here.

If anyone has contacts with parts for this car, I would be very glad, since i'm quite short on parts for it, one I miss most is the original grille, the one it has now, was made by my grandfather :)

Maybe after dissasemble, I will find more missing parts, one good thing is the body work, since she came from Angola, allways slept inside a garage, will post some more photos of it soon.

Post subject: Re: my ff1 portugal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:46 pm 

Hello, here I come again :)

Finally got my FF1G moved into the garage, where I hope I'll get it done, lots of work to do, as it is still in a very early stage and I'm already ripping my hairs with what I'm finding.

Some pics to illustrate the car and its early problems, mainly rust, the engine works like a charm and overall mechanics.

Rear window

Front interior, not bad imho

Another from the interior

Huge amounts of something I don't the name in english, but its used to cover up dents and stuff.
This dents in the hood came from it hitting the roof struts, the hood clamp failed and left the hood to open while riding, broke the windshield.

The other dent in the hood

I need a front grille, this one was made by my grandfather.

Another dent in the hood

The back seats, don't know what's under it...

Disconnected transmission due to the brake got stuck, this allowed the car to be moved around.

The heart! A dual carb would be nice...

Well, now a bit about it's history, this car belonged to my granddad, It came from Angola where I was born, so I have some connection with it, I've driven it even before I was legally allowed to, in fact, part of my driving instruction was given by my two uncles on this car.

Thanks for viewing, I'll be posting more about the work I'll be doing on this baby :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 am 

Wow, looks like it needs a lot of body work. Interior looks pretty good though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:12 am 

Kostamojen wrote:
Wow, looks like it needs a lot of body work. Interior looks pretty good though.

Thanks mate! Believe me, you are an inspiration to me, and I used your post to show my folks around what I intend to do with the car.

Body work, she suffered a bit over the years, nothing to hard, but lots of dents all over it, I think the only "virgin" spot is the roof, it even has the original paint! The rest is a complete mess, lots of rust but I hope no real huge holes, and the mistreatment, bought in japan (curiously by my dad), taken to Angola by boat (BTW, you have a picture of an FF1 in Angola, its the one in your first pages, the car license plate starts with AAD (same as mine, I'll post a pic of it soon), and its a rally prepared car, the photo is in BW).

She was then driven there by almost everyone I know in the family :) and she took quite a beating.

Engine was fully repaired around 15 years ago and works like a charm, in fact, the engine was put to work the summer, and it was a 10 year old cold start, first turn with gas and she started, drunk 3 gallons of gasoline, ridden a bit (with no brakes) and then taken on flatbed 300kms to where she is now), but its a restoration and as so, all taken apart, cleaned and refit, I would really love to see the dual carbs in it :)

For specs, its an 72 FF-1 G 1300 FWD, but I would like it to end >1600 AWD, if I manage to find the wagon version.

Now in the process of build an window ultrasafe box to store them :) I can make new windows but $$$$$$$ or in my case €€€€€ :)

See y'all soon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm 

For my windows/glass, I just used some left over 2x2 boards to replicate the window holders that you see in the back of trucks/vans for glass replacement/repair companies. Just throw a lot of bubble wrap over the boards so that everything is nice and soft.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]