#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: AN600 Service Videos
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm 

I am making videos of breakdown of one of my AN600s. I hope they might assist others as they tackle various aspects of restoring and maintaining their early Honda's Here are two videos. One is on removing a strut and the other on removing the shifter assembly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBep6ww4W68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHXo5EZ6iE

Post subject: Re: AN600 Service Videos
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 pm 

Thanks, always useful for newbies like me :tu:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm 

Nice Vids, I have a question since I see your rebuilding the motor. I have a 72 600 sedan and I am having a hard time finding the oil plug. Its not a normal plug because it looks like it has an oil pressure sensor type of rod going through it. Did you have this on your motor? I am going buggy trying to find someone to help out on figuring this out as well as looking for the part online. I am also not sure if I can just put in the normal plug because this is what all the parts places are saying that goes in their. I am starting the restoration process. Here is a picture of the item I have.

mc

Attachments:
File comment: Oil plug
2012-01-03.jpg [34.61 KiB]
Downloaded 549 times

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 pm 

72cvcc600 wrote:
Nice Vids, I have a question since I see your rebuilding the motor. I have a 72 600 sedan and I am having a hard time finding the oil plug. Its not a normal plug because it looks like it has an oil pressure sensor type of rod going through it. Did you have this on your motor? I am going buggy trying to find someone to help out on figuring this out as well as looking for the part online. I am also not sure if I can just put in the normal plug because this is what all the parts places are saying that goes in their. I am starting the restoration process. Here is a picture of the item I have.

mc

I am not sure what I am looking at. It seems that bung is in a different place then it should be. It also looks like that bung was added. Aren't those weld beads around it? Could post another pic looking directly at this tube but also showing what is next to it towards the front of the motor(or right of it). Here is what both my engines look like.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z201 ... G_0476.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:31 pm 

You are correct, we have all came to the conclusion that some one along the way modified it, hence the bead welding. I have to buy the lower end of the casing and remove the old one so that its back to the way it should be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 pm 

Are you sure this sensor is not to the left (towards fire wall) of your drain plug? Your picture looks that way. If you look at the picture I linked it looks like your bung on the left flat. Also it can't be oil pressure because there is no pressure in the oil pan. I think it is oil temperature which would be great to know. A good welder with a tig could easily close that hole and rebung it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 pm 

8803 wrote:
Are you sure this sensor is not to the left (towards fire wall) of your drain plug? Your picture looks that way. If you look at the picture I linked it looks like your bung on the left flat. Also it can't be oil pressure because there is no pressure in the oil pan. I think it is oil temperature which would be great to know. A good welder with a tig could easily close that hole and rebung it.

Its the oil plug. Its in the same place as shown in your picture. I will have to figure out what is the least expensive way to go.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]