Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 pm 

And in it's new home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 am 

Top job !

Post subject: top job
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 am 

That is an awesome job! Better get of my ass and finish mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 pm 

Anymore progress pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 pm 

Not alot done on it in the last year or so, but I have a few more pics of the build.

And thats as far as I got, kind of ran out of interest in it for the last year or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 am 

crikey. what a beauty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm 

Very nice colour you've gone with there mate... looking forward to seeing the next set of pics. I am in the process of prepping my RX2 sedan for paint now and this thread makes me want to get it finished!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 pm 
Mild Cam

Oh wow, best 4-door 2-rotor car I've seen, ever. Nice! :tu:

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:21 pm 

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I would love to get back into working on the old girl, but just never seam to have any spare time anymore.
Why is it, the older you get the the less time you have to spend doing what you love ? :(

I have to get her done soon, as the wife wont let me buy another project car untill this one is finished, and I've found a 72 cuda that I have got to own :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 pm 

Looking good Regan :tu:

Hope the cuda doesn't put the RX2 on the back burner. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:16 am 
JNC Fanatic

Fantastic build, credit to you so far, know the feeling of no spare time, my wife suggests I'll need to live to about 350 to get them all done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:31 am 

wldRX2 wrote:
I have to get her done soon, as the wife wont let me buy another project car untill this one is finished, and I've found a 72 cuda that I have got to own :oops:
A Plymouth in NZ? I assume they weren't sold there new and had to be imported, right?

Funny, you've got your Japanese build and are considering an American build next and I'm doing almost exactly the opposite. I've got a black 1971 'Cuda 440/6 that's almost finished and I'm considering an array of mostly Japanese cars for my next project. Well, my first actual project I will tackle myself anyway.

If you're interested, come check out www.cuda-challenger.com. There are a bunch of knowledgeable and helpful guys there from all over the world. At least one from NZ as well. He has an incredible white 1970 Challenger 440.

Anyway, I digress. I'm not usually into the Mazdas and only check this forum every now and then to see what stands out. This Mazda stands out. The level of quality going into this restoration is incredible. The parts you're using, the color, everything is ridiculously clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am 

willhaven wrote:
wldRX2 wrote:
A Plymouth in NZ? I assume they weren't sold there new and had to be imported, right?

Funny, you've got your Japanese build and are considering an American build next and I'm doing almost exactly the opposite. I've got a black 1971 'Cuda 440/6 that's almost finished and I'm considering an array of mostly Japanese cars for my next project. Well, my first actual project I will tackle myself anyway.

If you're interested, come check out www.cuda-challenger.com. There are a bunch of knowledgeable and helpful guys there from all over the world. At least one from NZ as well. He has an incredible white 1970 Challenger 440.

Anyway, I digress. I'm not usually into the Mazdas and only check this forum every now and then to see what stands out. This Mazda stands out. The level of quality going into this restoration is incredible. The parts you're using, the color, everything is ridiculously clean.

Cheers mate.
New Zealand has a very large number of American cars, all are imports.
I'm not biased towards make or model of cars, I love them all, it's just what some owners do to them that makes me cringe.
The cuda will have to wait at the moment, not the right car and not the right time.
I will use the link you added thanks, it's nice to know as much as you can before jumping in.

If you have only had the joy of a large V8, then the fun of a jap ride will be a thrill for you, what you loose in torque you gain in driveability.
The wonderfull gocart feel of an import is the best thing on a tight windy road
I have been lucky to come from a family that has had it's fair share of both V8 and jap cars, and I look forward to owning many of both types myself.

Thanks to all for the compliments. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 am 

Yep, my panel guy spent a lot of time getting the lines right, lucky for me he is a perfectionist.

He even cut some steel out of the rear wheel arch, where it meets the door, just to get the gaps right, also removed the boot lid skin from the frame and redid that to solve the standard rx2 thing of the boot lid never sitting perfectly flush with the body.

RestoreMaz, I keep meaning to contact you reguarding your resto work, all my badges are nos except my grill coffin badge, what sort of price do you charge to work you magic on one of those ?

Post subject: Re: My 1974 RX2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 am 

Got a bit more done over the last 6 months.
The pedel box is now all plumbed and set up, had a resiviour made up for the brakes and clutch, braided brake, clutch, accel lines.
All new hard brake lines throughout, all powder coated black where they are seen.
hand brake cables made, slotted the rear discs, custom bracket for the ida accel cable and return springs.
Re did the front coilovers abit lower and painted them up.
And just a whole heap of little shitty jobs that needed doing for ages, and I just couldn't be stuffed doing .

A bit more motivated to work on it again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:07 am 

wow, this build is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 am 

killa nice work :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2