#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 1986 AH Honda Civic Hatch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 am 

This is my old 1986 AH Civic runabout . I slowly did it up over a year with with some parts from a wrecker and the paper..

This is a budget build with parts sourced locally.. Very tight ass build :roll:

* 1986 AH CIVIC
* EW2 1500cc 12 valve 4 cylinder
* 5 Speed
* 32/36 Webber carby
* approx 800kgs

This lil beast cost me $50 originally , running and licensed with a burnt valve .. I drove it for a few days then the timing belt snapped , embedding a valve in a piston , thus began the my endless search for another s/hand Piston , this saga went for a while as there was a few differant pistons used though the EW2 motors and all the ones my wreckers supplied were different to mine . Eventually Honda US recast one for me and it was sent down under about 2 months later . During the wait i had my head repaired ($200) and i removed my emission control gear .. Then i swapped my dead piston for its replacement refit my head and happily i drove around like this for a while...

Factory Sunroof

Original Hubcaps

One of the first mods i did was swap the headlights($60) for a set of the flush versions as above and buy a Tacho dash($80) that i found in the paper for . Also grabbed a steering wheel and boss from my collection and installed them and found a CRX center console at the wreckers for $20 .. I had looked at many of these little civics and noted none had any options like the consoles , just a boot and carpet. So this made me quite happy , while there i found the rear garnish which the wrecker just gave to me !! This made the rear look so much better 10x even .. :o I also bought a LH mirror$40 and the little flap$30 that sits behind the rear seats and cover the boot. All these little things were found at the wreckers through lots of digging though parts , very hard to find parts that completed the car for me .

Total So far = $590

Tacho Dash

Factory clock

CRX console fits perfect

Import Rear garnish-FREE (US spec i think - not sure)

Next up i installed a 32/36 webber carby . I removed the twin port section of the inlet manifold and smoothed it so it was one port to suit the carby .. The differance was like night and day .. it was so much faster and now it wanted to rev to 7000rpm so easily .. It had a power band of sorts and revved like crazy . When the secondary's kicked in it made a great differant exhaust note . I went 16.4 down the quarter mile like this.

Webber 32/36 FREE

K&N Filter $100 , Cold air feed FREE

Then i Painted up my stock rims$15 Fit some chrome rings$60 and fit some lil precious Honda centre caps FREE .. Sexy

This car cost f all and i had so much fun in it everything was so cheap or free luckily i even got a parts car for $50 which i later used the motor from when i snapped another timing belt .

Parts car for giggles

Sadly i sold these Hondas to make way for my Gemini projects if i had more room and money this would have got an import motor and been a track weapon , the AH's really have so much potential and i would have loved to have kept it and dropped in some Vtec , instead its gone onto a life of delivering pizzas , or it may be gone already :-(

I do have the original steering , EW2 extractors , Honda centre caps , bonnet and tailgate for sale if any one is keen . Shipping can be organized..

1989 JT150 Irsmcher -SOLD-
ImageImage

Last edited by Gem wrc on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 1986 AH Honda Civic Hatch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am 

nice little civic. what do you mean by "extractor" though?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:39 am 

tuned exhaust pipes off motor

1989 JT150 Irsmcher -SOLD-
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm 

ahhhh. ok. shame of it's condition.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]