#
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: What Inspired You????
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 am 

In the years I've put into this hobby (older cars - not just JNC) I've often found owners inspired by another car, or another cars build. So, without posting EXCESS photos... (TRY to keep it to 4 or less IF YOU CAN) what cars inspired you to make your car... yours????????

In my case.... I had 2 E7 Toyotas that inspired my build.......

This one........ 2 door coupe

and this one..... bumperless

Were my inspirations to build this

So... What inspired you??

Post subject: Re: What Inspired You????
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:47 pm 

I haven't actually completed a full build yet, however, some of my inspiration for getting into classics/antiques were...

I was watching the history channel back in middle school and fell in love with the 1907 Silver Ghost

Then I saw an some Rat Rod cruising down the street on my way to school. I don't have a pic of the exact car, but it was similar to this, but the front stretched stretched

As for the Mistress, 'Oracles' is partially my inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:51 pm 

Bear with me, I'm old & grew up in London, Englandshire. My Aunt lived near The Kings Road and if I was lucky our family visits would coincide with the last saturday of the month and the "Chelsea Cruise".
We're talking mid-70's now; mostly English cars, jack-up kits, big slot mags chromed Jag IRS's, buttoned Dralon and murals.
It blew me away (hey, I was 10) and started a love of old and modified cars that you all understand.
A slightly more recent inspiration was a tiny glimpse on the GT4 Prologue ending movie of probably the coolest car I'd ever (and never) seen. After a bit of trawling I became aware that the R32 was not the first GTR.
Now, thanks, in no small way to JNC and in particular Lord Kev of Sydney I love old Japanese cars and a C10 skyline is my dream car.
Hopefully a reality this year.
Thanks Kev, I'm sure you'll be able to help me with the "Hako vs new kitchen & 4th bedroom " debate...

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:26 pm 

I'm nowhere near finished, but this is my inspiration for my current build:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:59 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

No cars started my inspiration. My inspiration came from buying an 81 Corolla to get around town in and I loved it. After that I did all my research and have went from there.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:19 am 

my old Celica's inspired me. ive had four before this one and never finished any of them. i figured five times is a charm. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:19 am 

I still to this day remember the Honda N360 my nanna had when I was little, I loved that car. When she passed away in '97 I started looking for one to restore in her honour. I finally found one worth saving at the end of last year, ok'd it with the wife, and then went on a road trip to pick it up from the other side of Australia.

Here's a pic of me washing the one my nanna had (aged about 7)

And here's a pic of mine, loaded on the trailer ready to come to it's new home for a full restoration.

2 x N360 restoration projects

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:34 pm 

UtahSleeper wrote:
No cars started my inspiration. My inspiration came from buying an 81 Corolla to get around town in and I loved it. After that I did all my research and have went from there.

that is real.
I had to really think about it too.

I never fell for cars. My mom the fantasy lady (not extreme mind you) had a 69 mustang that bent in half at the door pillars and broke the valley out of the 289.

not exactly inspiring first cars..convertible or not.

my neighbor rebuilt stuff right out of junk piles, american classics, bubbly fendered looking milk vans, modern power plants (whatever modern 1983 had to offer..always v8 variants)

I never forgot the first fail, the 69 mustang...my neghbors work.. my dad is a truck driver, millions of hard miles.

all machinery sucks...and I truly despise "j-tin".. however truthful the word is.

I opted to be optimistic with the facts I learned...
ended up in a non-siamese bored liquid cooled, self balancing,AWD ten geared crazy chassis'd subaru...
and most don't know why to this day. I used to be the nut with the 70mph sideways v8 rattling windows.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 pm 

my future plans for my 83 civic will revolve around these cars. even if i never end up racing in a circuit, i hope to do some track events...

Attachments:
one22.jpg
one22.jpg [ 109.3 KiB | Viewed 1247 times ]
one42.jpg
one42.jpg [ 94.75 KiB | Viewed 1247 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]